Pokemon: Hoenn

Almost Easy

yNM1guW.gif

Hp2GjM6.png

-------------
RULES
-------------

• Though no pokemon is off limits, you cannot catch legendaries. You may interact and what not, but strictly no capturing.
  • Follow board rules
  • You can only start off with one Pokémon but it can be any Pokémon you like. (Note: It must be in its Pre-evolutionary form. E.G. Charmander, not Charizard)
  • You can only join as up to 3 character
  • Trainers can't evolve your Pokémon until you've collected your first badge. Breeders can do it anytime, but cannot win badges. Breeders can however choose to be coordinators and collect Ribbons from the contest halls.
  • No use of Masterballs.
  • Please try to be 'realistic'. At least as realistic as Pokemon could be. By this, I mean do not capture a Goldeen in grass, or capture a Charizard on route 1.
  • You can only carry six Pokémon with you at one time
  • You don't have to start out as a native to Hoenn, though I'd recommend visiting Littleroot Town first.
  • If you're a Trainer your goal is to get the usual eight Badges. If you're a Breeder your goal is to collect/breed and raise Pokémon.
  • Team Rocket will be the main villain team. I will leave there actions to your discretion, but they will not be a Playable Character. Team Rocket may be playable depending on the activity.
  • Each individual story is unique, but I will try to provide storylines and what not too.
  • Trainers must get the gym badges in this order: Rustboro, Dewford, Mauville, Lavaridge, Petalburg, Fortree, Mossdeep, Sootopolis.
  • Lastly have fun and I really want to try and keep this one alive guys, so try to post often even if it is so and so walks around...

-------------

MATCH RULES
-------------

These rules only apply to when you are battling against other RPers.

• Each Pokemon has 30 HP, and 3 Dodges.
  • Normal damaging attacks do 10 damage
  • Super Effective Attacks do 15 Damage
  • Not-very Effective Attacks do 5 Damage
  • You cannot do 2 Super Effective moves in a row.
  • There has to be equal members on each team e.g 1 on 1 or 5 on 5
  • Status effecting moves will have no effect (Defense Curl/Coil/Leer etc.)
  • Protect and/or Detect can only be used once a match, and will render an instant miss for the opposition. Does not remove a Dodge.
  • Poisoned and Burned Pokemon will lose 3 HP per turn.
  • Paralysis will result in a loss of 1 turn every 4 turns.
  • Asleep Pokemon will miss 1 turn before automatically waking up.
  • Frozen Pokemon will miss 1 turn before getting thawed out.
  • Confusion causes 3 damage, and will last for 1 turn. The confused Pokemon must hurt itself.
  • Attacks that recover HP (Absorb, Drain Punch, Mega Drain) will recover 5 HP. Only used more once!
  • Moves that recover HP (Roost, Recover etc) will recover 10 HP. Cannot be used more than once!
  • Abilities will not be affected in the match except the following: Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Levitate, Normalize, Scrappy, Soundproof, Sap Sipper, Flash Fire, Wonder Guard, Motor Drive.
  • No usage of items in battle.
  • Do not use Mega Evolutions, until I give it the all clear.

-------------

TRAINERS
-------------

Muur

Kyle

Ryan

Renji

Amy

-------------
BREEDERS

-------------

-------------
TRAINER FORM
-------------

Name:

Sprite (optional):

Trainer/Breeder:

Hometown:

Starter:

Pokemon on hand:

Pokemon in storage:

Bag Items:

Bio: (Optional)

I am always available via inbox to answer any queries or answer any problems that you may have. I would also heavily recommend Bulbapedia for moves and things.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Muur

Sprite (optional): jA44yJT.png

Trainer/Breeder: Trainer

Hometown: Mauville

Starter: Budew

Pokemon: Roselia, Marill, Staravia, Electrike, Metang

Bag Items: Pokedex, Pokeballs x2, Potions, Pokenav,

TMs: Rock Tomb, Bulk Up, Secret Power

Badges: Stone Badge, Knuckle Badge

Ribbons:Normal Rank: Cute Super Rank: Cute

Name: Kyle

Sprite (optional):

QGSebeH.gif

Trainer/Breeder:Trainer

Hometown: Lilycove

Starter: Chimchar

Pokemon:

oEsyP2h.pngEQOCNAX.png

Pokemon in storage: None

Bag Items: Pokeballs, Potions, Phone, PokeNav

Biography: Kyle is a young up and coming trainer from Lilycove. He received his Chimchar on his 12th birthday, but was told to stay in school before he could embark on his Pokemon adventure. He had left school at 16, and he and Chimchar were going to make history.

Name: Ryan

Sprite (optional):

16iefir.jpg

Hometown: Littleroot

Starter: Absol

Pokemon on hand: Absol

Pokemon in storage: N/A

Bag Items: Pokedex, Pokeball x5, Poke'Nav

Bio:

Ryan has been a trainer for a Veeery long time, starting from the time he was 12. Although he's never actually managed to win the Pokemon League, he has participated in several in the different region's own takes on the event, the most recent being one in Johto. While there, he met a women, and he returned to his Hometown in Littleroot with her, and the two settled down in a house they would build just off the beaten path. However, battling seem's to be in the young man's blood, and with his girl's permission, he has returned to the adventurous life of a Pokemon trainer.

Name: Renji

Sprite (optional):

2rzw5n5.jpg

Hometown: Celadon/ Verdanturf

Starter: Sneasel

Pokemon on hand: Sneasel

Pokemon in storage: N/A

Bag Items: Pokeball x1, Poke'tch
Bio:

Renji is relativity new to competitive battling, although he's had his Sneasel since he was little. Although he was born and raised in Celadon City, he and his family has moved to Verdanturf recently, a choice he find to be infintately boring compared to his old home. Thus, he has decided to finally embark on his Pokemon journey, setting out to make a name for himself and collect all the badge's of Hoenn.

VMr0p0f.png

Name: Amy

Hometown: Laverre City

Starter: Honedge

Pokemon On Hand:

lSkujpA.png?1 IBlop89.png?1CWSn5rd.png?1kRjnfSa.png?1fIz9NQk.png?1

Bag Items: PokeDex, 7x Potions, 5x Super Potions, 12x Pokeballs, Old Rod, Dawn Stone, Pokemon Egg

TMs & HMs: TM: Bulk Up, TM: Rock Tomb

Bio: Amy is a Pokemon trainer hailing from the Kalos region who possess psychic powers. Amy comes from a family with a long linage of psychics. Amy got her Honedge after a chance encounter in the wild, where the two befriended each other and Honedge accepted Amy as it's trainer. Amy shares a telepathic link to her Honedge as well. Now, with the Hoenn league starting up, Amy departed Kalos for Hoenn, intending to become Hoenn's champion as a test of her talents. Will she become a Pokemon Champion?

Accomplishments

Stone Badge

Knuckle Badge

Muur

So starting a journey, alongside a Budew gifted by family which was bred from her father's Roserade, new trainer Muur heads off from her home, Mauville City - which is massive, has thousands of people living in it and amazingly, Muur lives next door to Mauville City gym leader, Watson in the Mauville Hills. She'd challenge him but you're supposed to start with Roxanne, the Rustboro City Gym Leader. That's fine, Muur has a Budew - a Grass type, which is super effective and with a few cities she'll need to travel through first, she should be able to pick up a few handy Pokemon for it. First off, it'll be a trip through route 117, which features a day care - why the Budew was so easily bred... which allowed it to acquire Sleep Powder as a move - so you'll see a lot of people cycling past with eggs, kinda a weird sight to be honest. Anyway, walking through and upon getting into the route, the Dexnavi points out a hidden Pokemon in the grass. Pokedex time!

HrULwlZ.gif

Azurill, the Polka Dot Pokemon. A Normal and Fairy type Pokemon, Azurill spins its tail as if it were a lasso, then hurls it far. The momentum of the throw sends its body flying, too. Using this unique action, one of these Pokémon managed to hurl itself a record 33 feet.

Whilst not a Water type yet... it will be when it evovles and so that'll be a useful addition to the team! It has Huge Power too according to the Dexnavi. Score! Budew is thrown out and the battle begins.

Budew is instructed to use Sleep Powder but since it has terrible accuracy it misses and the Azurill takes advantage and hits a Water Gun smack bang into the face of Budew. Luckily it's resisted and not even stab and so did little. Budew would use Growth to boost its attacking powers so to counter act that, the Azurill uses Tail Whip to lower the defenses. This will be a tough one. The next move goes to Budew, who would hit the Azurill with an Absorb, which unfortunately isn't super effective. Now if it had a Posion move we'd be set but it doesn't as Budew learns none by level up... Azurill is the second weakest Pokemon in existence so it does a decent amount without SE and probably would've fainted had it been, so Muur takes advatage by lobbing a Pokeball at the small blue mouse Pokemon. It shakes three times capturing it! Yay, first capture! Muur is excited by that, though with two weakened Pokemon must now return to Mauville.

...shit she just crossed eyes with one of the breeders on the route.

Yeah that didn't go well. With both having half HP, the breeders Budew took out Azurill, whilst Muur's Budew fell to Wingull. Whoops. At least she got her Pokenav number for revenge later... Well, on wards and upwards!

*Insert Jolly Pokemon game music*

This would be the sound that our Resident Trainer would be walking to as he walked into Little Root for the first time. He was a long way from home, travelling most of Hoenn by bus to get this far, and it was certainly the furthest that he had ever been from home without his parents. Sure, he had traveled to Kanto on vacation to the Seafoam Islands, but he was too young to remember that, and he certainly hadn't had Chimchar in his arsenal at that time. Calvin steps off the bus and he breathes in the pure mountainous air. It was going to be a good day today, Kyle thought, as he was going to visit Professor Birch to get him started on his magical adventure.

Ryan | Veteran Trainer

It was a early in the morning as Veteran Trainer Ryan walked down the path from his home to Litteroot. The path was narrow and winding, and Ryan barely paid attention as he traversed it. He was humming aloud a Mötley Crüe song as he walked, and thinking about the day before. He had left the comfort of his home, and his loving girlfriend, to set back out on his journey to be Pokemon Champion. She had accepted his request with a knowing smile, and now here he was. Just as he finished this thought, the trees lining the path thinned out a bit as it opened up into a clearing, just to the north of his hometown. He thought briefly about visiting the small town for a bit, but dismissed the notion. Although his Mom did indeed live there, he didn't want to waste time that could be spent catching a new team of Pokemon. He had decided to start fresh this time around, leaving all his Pokemon, with one exception, at the small ranch behind his house. He had brought a Pidgeotto with him, but this was just temporary. After he caught the first Pokemon for his new team, Pidgeotto would be returning home, and Ryan would continue on with out her. It didn't take him long to find that first Pokemon, but it was quite the odd occurance. Here he was, minding his Buissness as he strolled along the path, when a wild Absol, casually walked out of the tree line and into view. Ryan raised an eyebrow as he looked at it. He knew Absol was a warning of impending danger, but what could he be in danger of? After all, he was smackdab in the middle of a route that was populated by more then a few new trainers. Either way, Ryan wasn't going to pass up the chance to catch such a rare Pokemon. He quickly drew his pokeball and sent out Pidgeotto. The battle was quick, and soon enough he had thrown a spare pokeball out to catch the Absol. The pokeball, rocked a few times, and click was heard to signal it was caught. I looked over to Pidgeotto.

"Thank's Pidgeotto, you can go ahead home."

Pidgeotto flew off, and I went over to retrieve my Absol, but as I approached, the Pokeball suddenly sprung open, released Absol, and sprung back to my hand.

"What the..."

I tried to return Absol to the pokeball, several times. Each time, Absol would simply deflect the ball with it's headscythe, and simply stare at me. I shrugged and walked over to it.

"I'm guessing you don't like it in the ball, huh bud? That's cool, you can walk with me."

"Thank you. The ball was nice, but I prefer walking"

I whipped around, looking for the source of the voice, but there was no one around. Then it dawned on me.

"Did you... Just Talk?"

Absol blinked, and we soul stared for a moment. Then...

"Yes, telepathically. Are you surprised?"

Amy

Amy has departed from Littleroot Town not long after obtaining a Pokedex from Professor Birch. She doesn't really think she will need it, but it's good to be on the safe side. Before departing from Littleroot she did buy some regular potions and super potions from the PokeMart. Looks like she is all set for her Pokemon journey. So Amy went off on her way to go get her first gym badge, which will be Rustbro City, which will be quite a ways, but first stop will be Oldale Town.

Along the the route to Oldale Town, what quite a few people refer to as Route 101, Amy was one third of the way to Oldale, walking along the tall grass, looking back and forth keeping an eye out. And then Amy senses something... a wild Zigzagoon then appears right in front of her, growling at Amy. Amy then gets out her PokeDex and then uses it to analyze it, like any other normal trainer would do. Looks like the Zigzagoon is hostile and looking for a fight as well. Well, Amy can give it one. Amy then psychicly pulls out a pokeball from her person and then throws it right in front of her.

"Honedge! Come on out."

A sheathed Honedge then appears. Zigzagoon backs off a little bit, but still interested in fighting. Honedge then unsheathes itself, ready for battle. The quicker Zigzagoon gets the first move, it uses Headbutt! The Zigzagoon gets speed then proceeds to ram itself into Honedge, but he just phases through the Ghost Sword Pokemon. Zigzagoon lands on the ground on all fours in shock, wondering what happened. Zigzagoon has no idea what he is up against. Honedge being a part ghost type, is immune to normal type moves like Headbutt. Now it's Honedge's turn, Amy then shouts

"Honedge, use Iron Head!"

Honedge then closes the distance as it's sheath is glowing completely white. Honedge then tries to nail the Zigzagoon with it's sheath and takes a bit hit to the head. Ouch, Zigzagoon, in addition to being hurt, is also frightened and desperate already. The tiny raccoon pokemon then tries sand attack. That connects, but neither Amy or Honedge look really phased. Now, to try it again "Honedge, Iron Head!". And there Honedge goes again with another Iron Head attempt, this time Honedge connects with it. Zigzagoon didn't really take that well at all. Zigzagoon then tries to stay up, but it just can't. Zigzagoon faints after a critical hit from Honedge's Iron Head. Looks like that's over. After Amy looks at Zigzagoon's eyes, she then smiles and then recalls Honedge back to it's pokeball, not before telling it of what a wonderful job it did. Now Amy then starts moving forward, contuining on her way to Oldadle Town.

Renji | Young Wolf

Renji has just started on his Pokemon journey, his Sneasel, named Reina, by his side. He'd start his journey by leaving Verdanturf by going through the cave to the west, which virtually connected the city to Rustbro.

Kyle

Our resident trainer opened up his bag, and he placed his newly obtained Pokedex into one of the zipped parts of the bag. IT was nice of Professor Birch to give one of these to Kyle, but Kyle couldn't help but think that the economy of the Pokemon world would be going to shit if they handed out a new piece of high tech equipment to every trainer! Oh well. Kyle had downloaded a Hoenn Map application on his Pokia Lumia, and he would check this as he started to leave Professor Birch's laboratory. Oldale looked to be the closest town to Littleroot, and Kyle vaguely knew the way as the bus passed through Oldale. Kyle once again thanked professor Birch, and went on his merry way!

Ryan | Veteran Trainer

Ryan had gotten over his initial surprise at his new Absol telepatchically speaking to him fairly quick. After all, he had met Polemon who had truly talked, so this wasn't far out of the realm of possibility either. Anyway, the two had reached Odale Town. Last time he had been here, a battle tent had been in town. Wondering if it was still there, he set off to look for other trainers.

tbc| anyone

Muur

So after passing through Route 117, Muur has now arrived at Verdanturf Town! All that's left now is to get through Rusturf Tunnel and we're at Rustboro. Little does she know, you need Rock Smash to get throu-

"OMG IT'S LISIA! Lisia has just won a Master Rank beauty contest with her famous Altaria Ali. Can we get a few words?"

"Hiiiiii, ev-er-y-bo-dy! Lisia here! Me and my Altaria, Ali, have won the contets! It was a lot of FUN! Now for what I enjoy almost as much as contests!

Dazzling, dizzying, doldrums defying!"

Lisia's...Miraculous...Contest Scouting!"

All righty! I'm going to bring another fantastic Trainer into the wild world of contesting! Eenie...meenie...miney..."

"You there, watching me with that baffled expression on your face! Hi! Have you never joined in a contest?"

Muur's face was indeed bewlidered. Because Lisia is fine.

"...No, I have not."

"That's just what I want to hear!"

Oh dear.

"Now let's get this show on the road! This is the Trainer I'm gonna scout today! And her name is..."
"Muur."
"When I took a good look, I could easily see that Muur is a powerful Trainer... Muur, you can enjoy Contest Spectaculars at the Pokémon Contest Hall right here. Now listen up, because I don't just want to see you making your Pokémon strong. I want to see you bringing out a whole new brilliant side of them to show off! So here you go! Take these! This is a Contest Pass, which is the first thing that anyone needs to take part in a Contest Spectacular! And this one is a Pokéblock Kit, which will let you make Pokéblocks for your Pokémon out of Berries!"
"...thanks?"
"Muur's story begins today! Yep! And this chapter should be titled... "A Sudden Encounter! Miraculous Contest Scouting!" That's what I'd call it! Now, everybody out there watching... You'd better expect great things from Muur, because I do!
So! If you're taking on a Contest Spectacular, there's something you hafta have from me! Tee hee... I know it's sudden. Sorry! Truth is... You're actually the 100th Trainer that I've scouted, Muur! That's a really big deal, you know! It's gotta be fate! Right? Tee hee! I think you're just the Trainer I've been looking for! Oopsies! So-o-o-orry! Got a little carried away! ? But, um, the point was... Would you like to...? Well, do you think...? Um, wanna wear this for your contest debut? It's PERFECT for you! Eeeee! I just can't wait!"
And just like that, Muur is suddenly thrust into the action of a Pokemon Contest. She was basically forced into wearing a frilly cute pink dress, as well as entering the normal rank class of the cute contest. Didn't even get to feed any Pokeblocks! luckily it was a pretty easy win, since the competition was a Machop, an Onix and a Bronzor. Azurill cleaned house. ...why would you even enter those in a cute one you bellends? well whatever, ribbon won... now back to Lisia.
"Muur! Wow! Gratz! I watched it all! You were great! "I Really Did It! A Star Is Born!" That's what I'm calling it! Muur! You've gotta keep up this pace and just go as far as you can go! Become a real contest star! If you could have as much fun with Contest Spectaculars as me, I'd be happy as Slugma on a sunny day! You could become a massive star! I've got a good feeling about you! "Phew! You look so fantastic in that outfit that I'm about to lose it here! You have to wear this for all your Contests! It's perfect! And I promise I'll be cheering for you! That's it for today's Lisia's Miraculous Contest Scouting! See you all next time!""

...all she wanted to do was go into a tunnel. Safe to say, she WONT be doing another contest again, unless Lisia asks her REALLY nicely. Then she would. Off to Rusturf tunnel now though...

Kyle would probbaly reply to the TBC had he been in Oldale town, but unfortunately he was just on the perimeter of Littleroot. As he was walking along the road, he was looking at his brand new Pokedex, playing around with a couple of functions. Kyle was looking with intrigue as Chimchar sat perched on Kyle's shoulder sharing the same intrigue. "So, if we go North here, and then up Route 101, we should be at Oldale, in say, an hour." Chimchar jumped for joy. TO OLDALE!

Amy

The psychic trainer Amy has went to Oldale Town, and did some buisness there. She visited the PokeMart there to see if they had anything to purchase there, but nothing that Amy didn't need, and there wasn't much else of interest in Oldale Town, so she went on her way west through Route 102 on the way to her next stop, Petalburg City. What will Amy encounter along the way? Find out in the next Amy post.

Muur

Right! so we're in Rusturf tunnel. Now to- what the hell?

It would appear people cannot get passed here, due to there being a rock. Oh dear.

"NO TEAM ROCKET, YOU'RE NOT GETTING MY POKEMON."

...Ash? yep, It's Ash. He would run passed Muur and upon seeing the rocks, would just instruct his Gible to use Rock Smash. He then runs passed followed by Team Rocket. That was good timing! so now Muur gets to walk passed and didn't even have to do anything. Through the rest of the tunnel we go!

...so many Whismur.

Well that was a long hour wasn't it. Anyway, Kyle and Chimmy had made it to Oldale town, and they had sought refuge in a Bed and Breakfast for the night. Kyle lay down in his bed, a bed that he paid for with some savings he had from his birthday. It would be expensive to keep sleeping in Bed and Breakfasts, so either Kyle was going to have to win money off of people by demonstrating Chimchar's awesome power, or he would have to purchase a sleeping bag, and either sleep in the Pokemon Centre or the under the stars. For tonight, Kyle was sorted, and the adventure from Oldale to Petalburg would continue tomorrow. Night biiiiiitches.

Amy

Picking up where we left off, Amy was going through Route 102, not too long after starting her quest to become a Pokemon Champion in the Hoenn region. Amy was journeying through and then sensed something coming from deeper within the wilderness. Amy then when to investigate. After proceeding to find out what it was, she came across a small clearing along with a wild Ralts! The Ralts stands there, kind of a timid and shy. Amy recognizes it s Ralts, knowing a lot about the Ralt's line of pokemon., but for formality's sake, she then analyzes it with her PokeDex. After hearing a brief description of the sickly looking Psychic/Fairy Pokemon, the device also displays that particular Ralts is male, which would allow the possibly of that Ralts becoming a Gallade. It also has the option of becoming a powerful Gardevoir as well. Amy thinks that in time, that Ralts would become a big part of her Championship team, she must have one she thought.

Now, time for battle.

"Honedge, lets go!" Amy said as a pokeball is telekineticly tossed forward, then Amy's Honedge then emerges from it's pokeball. Honedge is out and then unsheathes itself as it is ready to do battle. The Ralts recognizes it as Ghost type and a steel type pokemon, strong against Ralts' Psychic and Fairy types respectively. The battle begins. Ralts opens up with a Confusion attack on Honedge. Honedge is hit, but being a tough pokemon as well as resistant to psychic attacks due to it being part steel type, Honedge isn't phased much. Now it's Honedge to make it's move. "Honedge, Fury Cutter!". Honedge then charges in on Ralts and delivers a Fury Cutter attack to Walts, doing quite a bit of damage. Amy and Honedge could have went with a Iron Head or a ghost-type attack like Shadow Sneak, but Amy thought that would be overkill on the frail looking pokemon.

Ralts has been damaged quite a lot, but still it get backs up after getting knocked down. Ralts then uses Double Team! Ralts then creates some illusions that then surrounds, hoping to trick Honedge. Amy looks with some concern, but smirks quickly."Honedge. Fury Cutter again!" Honedge uses fury cutter, with the help of it's ability No Guard, Honedge's attack hits on the correct target, and because Fury Cutter's power increases after each successive strike, Ralts takes even more damage. Now Ralts is on the ground, struggling to get up. Amy then sees her chance to seize the opportunity. Amy then launches a pokeball at the Ralts, aiming to capture it. The ball connects, and Ralts is sucked into the pokeball.

Click.

Click.

Pause

Click

Daaadaaadaaadaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Amy has captured a Ralts. Would Amy like to name him? Nah

So everyone had been busy catching pokemon I see? Kyle was getting in on the act too, as he and Chimchar were out looking for some pokemon to catch. Kyle didn't have anything in particular in mind, and of course, it would just be a case of seeing what took his fancy as he travelled down route 102 to Petalburg. Kyle would walk on the pathway, as Chimchar would dance through the tall grass, just looking to see if he could disrupt any wild Pokemon. Some wild Spearows and Starly's floating about, a couple of fish pokemon swimming in the river, but there was nothing quite catching Kyle's attention. It was a pretty quiet day o far, and Chimchar was getting a little impatient as he wanted to battle. A rustle in the grass up ahead immediately caught Chimchar and he ran up to the grass, diving in. Soon, Chimchar was thrown out of the grass. The wild pokemon emerged...

Amy

The last time we heard from Amy, she has obtained a Ralts while on the way to Petalburg City. After capture, instead of jourenying back to the Pokemon Center in Oldale Town, she just used one potion to mend Ralts' wounds and then press on. Hours later, Amy has went past Petalburg City, now she is on Route 104. She encountered some wild pokemon here and there, mostly Zigzagoon and Poochyena, Amy was using her Ralts to defeat them. Amy then has her Ralts use another potion to heal some damage so they can keep pressing on. Her Ralts could could use some battle experience anyway, Amy knows that her Ralts will become a big part of her team.

Now Amy is on a wooden bridge, not too far from Rustboro City. Amy then encounters a pair look alike girls on there, gazing at the waters. Amy then attempts to pass, but she got the twin's attention and they started coming at her.

"Hello there, I am Mia"

"And I am Gina"

"We are twins, so we battle pokemon together"

Amy widened her eyes, she was like 'whatever', but it looks like the twins are hungry for a battle, and it doesn't look like Amy can avoid this. Dang it!

"Lets go, time for a double battle! Go Seedot!"

"Go Lotoad!"

Now the twins, at the same time, then each throw a pokeball. Out comes a Lotoad and a Seedot. Amy backed a way a few steps to gain some distance. It's a good thing that Amy now has two pokemon on her team, otherwise she would have to have her Honedge try and take them both by itself, good that's not the case. Amy then uses her psychic powers to pull two pokeballs and then spins in a circle in front of her all just for show. Now they are thrown forward and the pokemon emerge. Ralts and Honedge are now out of their pokeballs, standing (or floating in the case of Honedge) side by side as the double pokemon battle commences. Who will win? The Twins or Amy? We will find out next post.

Muur

Well Rusturf Tunnel was boring... 100% Whismur! Muur caught none of them. Next up, Route 116! this is the last stop between Muur and reaching Rustboro City! ...ooh the Dex Navi's going off and this time it's something interesting! Was just 50 Whismur in Rusfurf Tunnel.

igYpvHd.gif

Tailow, the Tiny Swallow Pokemon. A Normal and Flying type, Taillow courageously stands its ground against foes, however strong they may be. This gutsy Pokémon will remain defiant even after a loss. On the other hand, it cries loudly if it becomes hungry.

Budew is a Grass type... so Muur sends out Azurill. Being faster, Tailow gets the first move, nailing a Quick Attack. I suppose it being faster doesn't matter when that happens... anyway Azurill lives and would fire off a Bubblebeam, hitting Tailow and successfully lowering its speed. That'll teach it. Or not, ,since it hits a second Quick Attack. Azurill would hit a second Bubblebeam but since it is still not stab, Tailow lives with about one HP left and knocks out Azurill with a super effective Steel Wing. That just leaves Budew. Due to the lowered speed, Budew gets the first move and unlike last time, Sleep Powder hits! Tailow drops to the ground because flying and sleeping makes no sense whatsoever. Muur then hurls a Pokeball at the Tailow, successfully capturing it. Yas! Shame Flying is terrible against Rock Types... the Dexnavi Steel Wing will come in handy, however. With three decent Pokemon to use against Roxanne, Muur should be able to pick up a gym badge! Even if not, there's no harm in trying and after recovering his two non fainted Pokemon with Potions, followed by continuing through the route.

Hiker Clarke with his three Geodude wants to battle? perfect practice for Roxanne!

The first two are one shot by Absorb because Rock/Ground. Yeah. The third was stubburn with sturdy... but Rock Throw did nothing to Budew who laughed it off and finished it off. Still needs a poison move, darn Game Freak. Maybe we'll find a random Sludge Bomb on the floor? Nah I aint that cheap.

Amy

The Double Battle of Twins Mia and Gina vs Amy starts off. Ralts, due to it's higher speed than all the other pokemon, gets the first shot.

"Ralts, Disarming Voice!"

Ralts then fires off it's Disarming Voice attack. Connecting on both Mia and Gina's Seedot and Lotoad for a bit of damage. Off to a good start there. Now it's Gina's turn.

"Lotoad!"

Gina points her fingers towards Ralts.

"Use Bubblebeam!"

Gina's Lotoad unloads a bubblebeam barrage on Ralts, connecting perfectly. Ralts took quite a lot of damage from that hit. Now it's Seedots turn.

"Seedot, use Harden!"

Seedot begins glowing as he is boosting his already decent defense to higher levels.

"Honedge, attack Lotoad with Fury Cutter!"

Honedge then performs a Fury Cutter attack on the Lotoad. It's super effective, but it didn't do enough to knock out Lotoad. Now time for Ralts again.

"Ralts, draining kiss"

As she looked at Lotoad.

Ralts then quickly closes the distance and then puckers up on Lotoad for the draining kiss. Ralts gets back quite a bit of the health he lost to Lotoad while Lotoad faints afterwards, not being able to continue. Gina is out of the battle. Now it's just Honedge and Ralts vs Seedot. Mia and Seedot then go on the offensive.

"Seedot! Shadowball!"

A purple and black orb of energy forms in front of Seedot and the Acorn Pokemon then sends it of towards Honedge. With Honedge unable to evade is hit. Ouch, that had to hurt badly and it did.

Next round. Ralts attacks Seedot with a burst of Confusion after the psychic Amy gives the command. Seedot hangs on. Seedot's turn now... or is it?

"Once again, Shadow Ball"

"Honedge, Shadow Sneak!"

Right when Seedot quickly charges up it's shadow ball. Honedge extends it's shadow behind Seedot, then going in for the strike. Even with the defense boost from Harden, it was too damaged beforehand for it to avoid a knock out. Seedot faints. This double battle is over. The Twins are wondering what the heck happened while Amy has a smile on her face as her pokemon emerged victorious.

From out of the tail grass, appeared a small pokemon who was light blue in colour. Chimchar skidded along the floor and dug it's paw into the ground to gain traction. Chimchar looked at Kyle, wanting to know if it had the go ahead to attack the wild pokemon. Kyle shook his head slightly, instead reaching into his pocket to identify the Pokemon.
Xgm385S.png

Poliwag, the Tadpole pokemon. Poliwag has a very thin skin. It is possible to see the Pokémon's spiral innards right through the skin. Despite its thinness, however, the skin is also very flexible. Even sharp fangs bounce right off it.

Kyle put his pokedex back in his inside pocket, and the commanded Chimchar to go with a scratch attack. Chimchar leaped forwards and looked to scratch the Tadpole pokemon. Poliwag manages to intercept the blow with a doubleslap attacking, bringing the tail up and striking Kyle's start pokemon. Kyle gritted his teeth with he commanded Chimchar to hit a mach punch. Poliwag tried a bubble attack, and Chimmy avoided the blows before swiftly hitting Poliwag in the body. Poliwag fell back, and Kyle tried to throw a quick pokeball at it. Poliwag didn't resist, and the ball barely shook, catching Poliwag inside. Hurray!

So upon arrival into Rustboro, Muur sees two kids trading near the trainers school. Upon seeing that, she learns they like to trade their Pokemon and Muur wants to join in! Damn that kid has a Starly...

The kid turned down the trade. Muur then came up with the idea that if she wins, the kid will agree to trade her the Starly and the kid agrees but if the kid wins... the kid gets Taillow with no Starly in return... the kid only had one Pokemon to Muur's three, so it was pretty easy (Though Budew wasn't used). It was taken down by a Wing Attack from Tailow after the Starly took out Azuril with Steel Wing. Why'd she want it again? it lost to Tailow! either way, she now has a Starly instead - Staraptor is way better - and scanning it on the dex,

UwohNSc.gif

Starly, the Starling Pokemon. A Normal and Flying type, They flock around mountains and fields, chasing after bug Pokémon. Their singing is noisy and annoying. Because they are weak individually, they form groups. However, they bicker if the group grows too big.

It has Steel Wing too! this kid is pro, must've taken ages to find one on the Dexnavi with Steel Wing. Heh screw you. It's basically the exact same as the Tailow but Staraptor can get Close Combat. Makes it the best Flying type. Anyway, time to check out the rest of Rustboro! ooh a fossil museum!

Amy

Amy has finally arrived in Rustboro City, woo, thank Arceus . Rustboro is the site of the first Gym that she will be trying to get a badge from. The Gym Leader for Rustboro is Roxaanne, who uses Rock type Pokemon. Amy is eager to get a piece of that Gym Leader, but she will have to wait on that, after all, both Amy and her pokemon are tired. Amy hasn't really paused to rest since starting in Littleroot Town, plus Honedge and Ralts have took damage as well and are feeling drained. So, to the Pokemon Center Amy goes, to get Honedge and Ralts healed and rested up.

Archived