Sammartino: “I would never compare Hogan to any of the greats.”

EstebanThe17

“I would never compare Hogan to any of the greats. He don’t belong, or deserve to be mentioned, in the same breath. No way.”

Source: http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/bruno-sammartino-rips-hulk-hogan/

Not sure whats going on between the two, but thats an interesting statement for sure. I don't really like Hogan that much either, but saying that he doesn't belong "in the same breath" as other great personalities of the business got me like: :rock:

Bruno never really kept his thoughts on Hogan a secret as far as I re call from what I've read over the years. Hogan was good enough but like Cena, he was payed soo much money to wrestle a certain way that fits his WWE image. Which is something Bruno and the rest didn't have back in their day.

I'm a fan of Hogan. A huge fan? Not at all so I can be unbiased in this. Hogan is undoubtedly one of the greats regardless of how Bruno feels. Hogan's fan base and impact speaks for itself. Because after Bruno, Hogan steered the ship with others of course. Although Bruno was bigger and the better wrestler I believe.

If nWo never happened, I don't think Hogan would even be worth considering as one of the greats, tbh. All the shit he did with the red and yellow certainly has its place in the history books, but he would have fallen into obscurity by the 90's if the nWo hadn't been right there for him. He would be on the level of Warrior or Savage...but not on the Mount Rushmore of wrestling.

Archived