Bloodborne

IɳFamous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G203e1HhixY

[meida]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBGjx-4_R10[/media]

This game looks amazing. It's got amazing reviews all across the board so far. Has anyone got it/played it yet? It's coming out tomorrow here in UK. Think I might pick it up at some point if not tomorrow.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have the cash to buy this until next month, but being a huge fan of the dark souls series, it was pretty much a buy for me from day 1. Hoping to hear a lot of praise in here for it, i'd hate to buy a shitty game.

I does look amazing but I haven't got the patience for games that deliberately punish you. The load times alone would make me cry.

Doesn't really deliberately punish you. At least in the case of Dark Souls, it doesn't. If you properly stay back and observe first, you don't really die. I remember that I died very rarely in my first DS2 playthrough except for one location.

I've finally made it to the third boss, I'm definitely not very good. The feeling of finally conquering something that gave you so much trouble is very rewarding though. Might take a long time.. but im determined to beat it.

Game's great so far. Really challenging. I find it better balanced than Dark Souls, actually. You don't get punished left and right for every death but the combat itself is a lot harder. I would love this approach in Dark Souls, in a way, but I definitely do miss all the customization on character clothing and weapons so far. Still, I'm enjoying it greatly. What your characters look like, guys? Here are mine:

g3YhEa7.jpg

FtJuXOc.jpg

Downloading this now. I watched a stream of somebody beating the first boss. She was ecstatic afterwards. I want that feeling.

I just beat two bosses in a row (either could be considered first) and I felt like I was high after the second, stronger one. Honestly, I haven't fel so much euphoria from beating a part of a game since I was like 8 playing Pokemon Stadium or something like that.

This is my first 'Souls' game and I discovered very fast that this game will punish you if you die. Losing your progress and Blood Echoes is a bitch. It took me a little time to understand it but I'm really feeling this game now. I died quite a lot at the beginning and the good thing is it wasn't pissing me off. I reached my first boss fight against the Cleric Beast and killed him first try. I'm taking my time to level up, learning new shit as I go along (still don't know how to use my pistol) and can't wait to take on another boss.

I'm taking my time to level up, learning new shit as I go along (still don't know how to use my pistol) and can't wait to take on another boss.

Guns are pretty much used solely for parrying (or, at the very least, briefly stunning the enemy). If you shoot an enemy just before he hits you, they will fall to their knees, and it will allow you to follow up with a powerful riposte (walk up to them and press R1). It can even be done against some bosses. From my experience, it doesn't work against all bosses, though.

I'm taking my time to level up, learning new shit as I go along (still don't know how to use my pistol) and can't wait to take on another boss.

Guns are pretty much used solely for parrying (or, at the very least, briefly stunning the enemy). If you shoot an enemy just before he hits you, they will fall to their knees, and it will allow you to follow up with a powerful riposte (walk up to them and press R1). It can even be done against some bosses. From my experience, it doesn't work against all bosses, though.

They are also great for pushing enemies off edges if you can get close enough to hit them but don't wanna walk up right in front of them.

I am just getting assraped by this game. The death-load time is way, way, way, way too long.

Just spread those cheeks and enjoy it.

Just beat my second boss, Father Gascoigne. Think I did it on my fourth attempt. The first two times, he made me his bitch. Third time, I figured out what I needed to do but he killed me with a slither of his health left.

I am just getting assraped by this game. The death-load time is way, way, way, way too long.

Welcome to the 'Souls' series, my friend. :P

Apparently they're looking into patching the load times, thankfully.

That would be sweet. I beat the third boss. (God, that was a hideous mother*censored*er.) I had a companion in my world and was like "Yeah we gon' get his ass." Then he died after a short amount of time and I had to deal with the buffed Co-Op version boss on my own. *Censored* that. Did get him with a lot of antidotes and potions though. Then I lost 16k echos because of those blue asshole guys and their weird ass one hit KO attacks.

I am heavy into the other Souls games, man. But, shit, I am just getting pummeled. Probably because I'm not taking my time cause I'm recording footage for a review of it.

I am heavy into the other Souls games, man. But, shit, I am just getting pummeled. Probably because I'm not taking my time cause I'm recording footage for a review of it.

By any chance, did you focus on Magic or Dex in the Souls games? Because I was always a hex and/or pyromancy guy and I definitely noticed how much I miss it every now and then. Not that I cheesed every little part of the game but it definitely helps and I had to readjust a bit for Bloodborne.

Oh? Nice. I'd love to see your review on it, especially given that you're not new to the series.

I've completed the game, and the only boss I had a difficult time with was Vicar Amelia (maybe I fought her too early, 'cause she was killing me within two hits).

Overall, I think it's great, but I'm disappointed in the small amount of weapons/armor. I don't see much of a reason to play 'New Game +', because there's nothing to look forward to, aside from just leveling up my character. In the previous games, there was a plethora of weapons, spells, etc., that I wanted to experiment with, but this time around there's, well... nothing. My character's already set. :/

Archived