Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

AlterNation

Ugh, it split from between the toes? UGH!!! I couldn't imagine that, sheeit >_<

What's stopping the docs from doing the surgery, AN?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything I own breaks. Everything I touch breaks. Everything I think about breaks. Everything in my general vicinity *censored*ing breaks.

We've all had times like that, man.

Bad luck.

New headset I got just last month is the latest victim of my curse. another 70 bucks i'm out.

Seriously, I must exude some kind of plastic-breaking force-field.

Scarface has been overhyped for decades...mostly became a meme due to rappers and everyone on MTV Cribs showing off their copy of it during house tours. BUT...that movie is still *censored*ing great. Fight me.

The only part of that movie that sucks is the ending, because it's too abrupt, and the assassin is corny as shit. Otherwise, it's basically the perfect lesson of what happens when power goes to your head.

Watched Scarface for the first time ever.

Shit flick.

which one? The old one or the new one that's technically old?

I have no idea. Scarface, Tony Montana, Al Pacino. That was the guy right? Never knew there were multiple versions, but I watched it on Netflix, maybe that helps.

The new one that's technically old, it's a remake of the '32 Scarface with Paul Muni and George Raft. The old version was superior to the Pacino version. Shame the remake didn't show enough graphic violence.

Watched Scarface for the first time ever.

Shit flick.

which one? The old one or the new one that's technically old?
I have no idea. Scarface, Tony Montana, Al Pacino. That was the guy right? Never knew there were multiple versions, but I watched it on Netflix, maybe that helps.

The new one that's technically old, it's a remake of the '32 Scarface with Paul Muni and George Raft. The old version was superior to the Pacino version. Shame the remake didn't show enough graphic violence.

Hmm, the more you know.

Sorry guys, but I'm going to shit on it.

Anyway, it's been hyped up as a classic, but I don't like it. I felt that it was basically Montana telling everybody off and killing people, which could've/should've gotten him killed very early on in the movie. He was a huge liability to his own safety and the people around him from the start and allowing him a rise in the crime world, was doing him too much justice imo.

And even that rise to the top wasn't handled well imo. It usually comes with huge gaps. He goes from being an underling in scene 7 to a top level drug lord in scene 8. He's cool with this guy one moment, now they have beef without any real linear development of a relationship deteriorating, it just jumps and skips from one moment to the next. The story doesn't really advance in a way that impresses me.

In the end, it felt like the movie was just a display of how ballsy Tony Montana is in scenario A to Z. It makes me look like a *Censored*, but I'd almost call it edgy for the sake of being edgy. Which is okay if it was an action movie like Rambo and you'd expect that sort of thing. But it wasn't hyped up like that to me, so I'm disappointed.

I also have never watched the Godfather, so hopefully that one doesn't disappoint when I pick that one up.

^ I feel like you missed the point.

Again...that basically is the point; He was tired of being a directionless immigrant, washing dishes and getting shit on...so he bullshitted his way to the top of a crime organization with nothing but the sheer size of his balls. It was a case of death being a favorable option to the life that he was stuck in prior to that.

He said "So what if I get killed? Why should these guys get the women, the money, the lavish lifestyle? I'm a man...I can do this too." For that reason, the film perfectly represents stepping on the people who love and support you, and forgetting the important things in life just to make a dollar. He told himself that he was doing it to help his family...but he brought them shame in the end. Maybe there are plot holes...but that goes for almost any movie. But again, the point is precisely that he didn't have any experience as a crime boss. He just had the balls to pretend that he knew what he was doing. I don't understand how that makes for a bad movie. It was a lesson in what you shouldn't do. Those make for some of the best movies. It was a story about not getting in over your head.

It's fine if the movie wasn't your cup of tea. I just don't know how you could miss what it was saying...

Archived