Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

AlterNation

So it's snowing, naturally means people ate acting more stupid than normal on the roads. My girl just developed some serious pain which may or may not be attributed by stress because her mother finally went,in for her surgery this morning, forget what they call it but they're taking half her liver to hopefully get rid of some cancerous sheeit.

We didn't talk about it, but if she felt what I felt, then she noticed that shred of doubt in every staff member that came in to explain the procedure, from the paper pushers to nurses right down to the OR team. I want to be optimistic but I've grown too pessimistic for that. I'm expecting the worst possible outcome, I just don't know what to do if it comes to pass

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's snowing, naturally means people ate acting more stupid than normal on the roads. My girl just developed some serious pain which may or may not be attributed by stress because her mother finally went,in for her surgery this morning, forget what they call it but they're taking half her liver to hopefully get rid of some cancerous sheeit.

We didn't talk about it, but if she felt what I felt, then she noticed that shred of doubt in every staff member that came in to explain the procedure, from the paper pushers to nurses right down to the OR team. I want to be optimistic but I've grown too pessimistic for that. I'm expecting the worst possible outcome, I just don't know what to do if it comes to pass

The biggest advice I can give is just to be there for her. If it's even just to listen as she vents for no apparent reason, then it's helpful to her.

Best of luck to you all.

The biggest advice I can give is just to be there for her. If it's even just to listen as she vents for no apparent reason, then it's helpful to her.

Best of luck to you all.

Used to have BitDefender on my pc, and it randomly stopped working one day, so I uninstalled it, and I went back to AVG. Now, an AVG update was putting a huge strain on my PC and also keeping my internet from working...so I uninstalled AVG and randomly tried installing BitDefender again...and now that works fine. I swear, virus protection software is worse for computers than viruses themselves. :lol:

So...the BS was an hour without internet, trying to figure out why. And the good news is, I always liked BitDefender better anyway.

Best of luck to you all.

Much appreciated

Best of luck to you all.

Much appreciated

No problem.

Right, so I had my phone appointment with the Doctor today, and she confirmed that the X-Ray showed a "bone fragment" is loose in my ankle joint. She has referred me to the hospital for more investigation (which I presume is going to be an MRI and ultrasound) but then mentioned I may need to see an Orthopaedic Surgeon. So looks like my original guess is correct that this will likely ultimately result in surgery. Funny thing is, it's been hurting like a bastard since the X-Ray, think I strained / aggravated it when I tensed it for the X-Ray.

Dang, just found out today a predator lives like 3 miles from me. Was watching ChilledChaos play Simulacra and it got to a part about predators. So I decided hmmm, I wanna know if anyone near me is. Now idk what he did, couldn't find it. But still, yeah don't diddle kids. Makes me sick

Sky Box has lost On Demand and the red button option to reset the network doesn't respond. Now having pulled everything out the back, and various "try turning it on and off again" combinations - I'm trying a manual software reset to see if that does the trick. Can still get Broadband okay, (I'm using it now) but Xbox Live is also screwed (PS4 is humming along nicely though)

I suspect the little black hub thing that connects to the router is kaputski.

I had a job interview a few weeks ago. I kept on it of course to show that had interest. Great job too. You start off with minimum wage, and after 90 days, I get vacation time with a pay increase. I call to check on it, and I was told the position was filled, yet I was the only one that showed interest.

How would you know if it's been weeks since the interview?

Also interest =/= person for the job

Well, I was told that I was the only one that applied for that position, than all of sudden, I was told that it was filled.

Gaddamn, all at once!?

Yup, been noticing graphical glitches and artifacting lately indicating my you is dying, then the right head phone on my headset dies, and then my keyboard starts to die all in the span of about 3 days.

So I don't know nuffin bout nuffin so we may not even be talkin the same sheeit, but have you looked into Cutting Edge Gamer? They do long term card leases

So I don't know nuffin bout nuffin so we may not even be talkin the same sheeit, but have you looked into Cutting Edge Gamer? They do long term card leases

Fairly certain they only do US. I'm up in Canada.

Well last night something I've been dreading and (somewhat) expecting since June finally happened. My parents' 8 year old dog, Dexie suffered a total loss of limb function and all he could do was lift his head. They took him to the vet in the morning, but I knew when I got the text yesterday afternoon that it was the end. And after the last course of steroids failed to yield any sort of improvement, the decision to put him to sleep was made at about 6.

I'm gutted, but the worse thing is seeing my 8 year old daughter having to deal with it, it's heartbreaking.

Archived