Life is Strange

Jeb ★

XuYxPKu.png

Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: DONTNOD Entertainment
Genre: Adventure
Platforms: PC; Xbox 360; Xbox One; PS3; PS4
Release Date: January 30, 2015 [Episode 1]

Set in a fictional town called Arcadia Bay, Oregon, senior student Max Caulfield comes back to town after five years to reunite with her former friend Chloe as they attempt to find out what happened to fellow student Rachel Amber, whose disappearance remains unexplained.

Life is Strange is episodic, digitally delivered, narrative driven adventure game, and is a collaboration between Square Enix and Dontnod.

Life is Strange--which is coming to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC in 2015--will be released digitally using an episodic model beginning with episode one on January 30. Every new chapter will build and evolve on the choices you made in the past episode, Square Enix says.
Square Enix also confirmed pricing details for Life is Strange. There will be five episodes in all, which you can purchase individually for $5 each. Alternatively, you can buy all five for $20.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of sick of these episodic type games to be honest.

I kind of agree, but I think it helps them too because they can know our reaction to certain characters and so on.

This is true, I just find that it's a rather annoying gimmick at this point. It's like Fandango :hqhq:

• 1 month later...

I think episodic games is a good thing. Sometimes people need a break from the typical platformer/action title/RPG. Today some gamers would whether have their thoughts provoked, and hearts tugged at with games that makes them pay for the choices they make. Unless we're just talking about the process of releasing different parts of a game at a set timeframe, then I can understand. But still, you could just ignore the monthly or bi-monthly releases and buy them in full when it's available, so it's kind of the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the second episode and this game has really captured my heart. Great storytelling, solid mechanics and apparently choices really do affect a lot of stuff.

One thing I really liked about this game so far is that the characters aren't just black and white and that's something you don't see very often in videogames.

So far this game must be up there in terms of most underrated this year, in my opinion.

Characters a bit archetype cringy sometimes but I love it so far.

'Hella'

Yeah this game is very underrated. Found out a few weeks ago this game is MoCapped. The dialogue in episode 1 was a bit cringe worthy but its gotten better. Hate it comes out like every other month

Yeah, dialog is a bit cringy at times, but it also seems natural, imo.

One thing I find really odd about this game is lip synching. Is it not originally in english?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived