King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was announced at Sundays NJPW Best of the Super Juniors event that former IWGP Tag Team Champion Tomoaki Honma will make his in ring return to NJPW on June 23rd. It will likely be in a tag match with long time tag team partner Togi Makabe. Honma has been out of action since March of 2017, taking a draping DDT from Jado in a tag team match. He suffered a severe cervical vertebrae injury, and had to undergo a lot of physical therapy to recover. There were reports back in November that he was training for a return.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tomoaki-honma-returning-ring-june-23rd/

Defo the best match of the tournament. I gotta say, the Juniors are totally stealing the show in New Japan at the moment. My 3 fav matches of the year have all be Junior matches. And the 4th had the Young Bucks, who've just stopped being that.

My top matches of the tourney were the final, Hiromu vs KUSHIDA (which I seem to be in the minority), Hiromu vs Despy, Hiromu vs Dragon Lee, Flip vs Ospreay and Sho vs Marty. Easy to guess who I think the star of the tourney was lol.

Speaking of Juniors, anyone notice how big Ospreay's getting? When he was standing next to Hiromu he didn't look like a Junior at all.

Not gonna watch it live, because there's not a force on earth that could make me wake up at 4 in the morning, but I'm getting buddies together to watch Dominion tomorrow. Expecting a fantastic show.

Guest Fight Me.

I missed the opening match so I missed the cool intro about New Japan's new president and CEO. Biggest plot twist was that he's just a rich white dude that just loves Japanese wrestling lol.

I liked his Warrior run to the ring lmao.

Guest Fight Me.

Lmao.

Also, I feel so *censored*ing bad for Naito. This should've been his year, hope he can bounce back from this. Sucks the crowd wasn't completely behind him either, but from what I understand, Osaka has never liked him that much.

Is Okada taking a break after tonight? Dude deserves it and I think his return could be something special.

When there's NJPW spoilers on WWE.com lol.

I honestly think that was the best NJPW show that I've seen from start to finish. I usually end up skipping things...but I skipped nothing, and was thoroughly entertained throughout. And I don't want people to read that, and think that I was only "entertained". I mean...that was a damn amazing show. It was better than Wrestlemania and Wrestle Kingdom, IMO.

Archived