King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only watched the main event so far.

I don't want to look at the results. What other matches are worth watching?

Also...I legit came in here to mention how shitty JR was during that match. Guess I wasn't alone in thinking that.

The tournament matches were great, especially Omega vs Elgin and Naito vs Ishii. Also the tag title match was pretty fun, especially Tanga Roa's hilarious performance.

Only watched the main event so far.

I don't want to look at the results. What other matches are worth watching?

Also...I legit came in here to mention how shitty JR was during that match. Guess I wasn't alone in thinking that.

The tournament matches were great, especially Omega vs Elgin and Naito vs Ishii. Also the tag title match was pretty fun, especially Tanga Roa's hilarious performance.

Don't think I've ever seen a Naito or a Ishii match. Going to check that out.

Just saw Hangman Page's match against Lethal. The dude is pretty fun to watch.

Never seen a Naito match.

Im not mad im just disappointed.

Lol. That's fair.

Yeah Page is always dope. You should watch that strap match with him and Kazarian at BITW.

Good hand Cody does it again! Worst title defence Okada's had, this run. Good job.

Kenny vs Elgin was awesome, though, hands down MOTN. Juice vs ZSJ and Naito vs Ishii were great, too. And the opening tag matches and War Machine vs GOD were pretty fun as well. My fav Tanga Roa performance that I've seen.

I'm gonna go with Omega edging him out, partly because Omega can sell his *censored*ing ass off, making the Rainmaker look murderous when it's really not that great of a finisher for example. And I have very little doubt that if you give Omega Okada's last eight opponents with the same stakes, Omega would have better matches. I also predict Omega would get a better match out of Cody. None of this to slight Okada at all, though. I think these two and AJ are top 3 in the world. It's the little things that put Omega above Okada imo.

Let's talk about Cody. What needs to happen with him? What's he missing?

Archived