King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The Elite becoming their own unit was going to happen sooner or later. In a way, they pretty much outgrew Bullet Club. Can't wait to see some of the new merch they will have out.

Honestly, they would never go to WWE. They enjoy having their own creative freedom, and they wouldn't have that if they went there.

The Elite becoming their own unit was going to happen sooner or later. In a way, they pretty much outgrew Bullet Club. Can't wait to see some of the new merch they will have out.

Honestly, they would never go to WWE. They enjoy having their own creative freedom, and they wouldn't have that if they went there.

Excatly wwe doesnt have enuff money to grab all 5 of them and they wont go without all 5 of them getting a offer. And couldnt offer them the freedom they got now

Excatly wwe doesnt have enuff money to grab all 5 of them and they wont go without all 5 of them getting a offer. And couldnt offer them the freedom they got now

Exactly. Plus, Kenny was in their developmental system, and hated it. He worked his rear end off to get reach the upper echelon of New Japan. He's not going to leave that for a pretty penny.

As for the Bucks, they don't need WWE, WWE needs them. I'm sure they love being able to pick and choose their dates, and enjoy the freedom and schedule flexibility. They would never give that up for anything.

WWE would ruin Marty Scrull character..

Zack Sabre JR turned down wwe offer pretty sure Will Ospreay did also...

95% of those guys who wrestle in new japan love doing especially since the wrestle for other companies also

Sabre Jr. turned them down due not wanting to go through NXT, Ospreay would have been severely restricted if he signed, so that's probably why he turned them down.

Heck, Hangman Page turned them down recently. Wrestlers on the indies love the freedom to do whatever they want, and use whatever moves they want.

If anyone like Kenny or the Bucks did go to WWE, they would get most of their moves taken away due to WWE questionable rules.

95% of those guys who wrestle in new japan love doing especially since the wrestle for other companies also

Sabre Jr. turned them down due not wanting to go through NXT, Ospreay would have been severely restricted if he signed, so that's probably why he turned them down.

Heck, Hangman Page turned them down recently. Wrestlers on the indies love the freedom to do whatever they want, and use whatever moves they want.

If anyone like Kenny or the Bucks did go to WWE, they would get most of their moves taken away due to WWE questionable rules.

No doubt, and they dont allow people to have the same moves usally its so dumb

I get that people don't like moves being taken away but most people seem to think WWE takes moves away just because. The WWE schedule has more dates in it which means less time to recuperate after a match. Which means high impact moves have a greater chance of injury. I would love to see Kevin Owens use the Package Piledriver as his finisher, but I know why he can't

I get that people don't like moves being taken away but most people seem to think WWE takes moves away just because. The WWE schedule has more dates in it which means less time to recuperate after a match. Which means high impact moves have a greater chance of injury. I would love to see Kevin Owens use the Package Piledriver as his finisher, but I know why he can't

That's true. That's why we haven't seen Zayn bust out the brainbuster, or see Balor use the 1916 that much due to their schedule.

If Kenny and the Bucks did sign, it would probably mean no One Winged Angel, or the Meltzer Driver. I mean, look what they did to Hideo Itami by taking away the GTS, and letting him have it backx and taking it away again. The need to lighten up on the move restrictions.

It'd be cool to see wrestlers pull out those moves from time to time. Having a really protected rare finisher would add to matches I reckon (until they get repeatedly kicked out of :shift: )

Most definetly. It would be pretty cool to see Rollins bust out the God's Last Gift, or Balor use the 1916/Bloody Sunday, or even Nakamura using the Landslide every now and then. As long as their not kicked out of all the time. Finishers lack credibility these days.

Guest Fight Me.

If Kenny and the Bucks did sign, it would probably mean no One Winged Angel, or the Meltzer Driver. I mean, look what they did to Hideo Itami by taking away the GTS, and letting him have it backx and taking it away again. The need to lighten up on the move restrictions.

One Winged Angel would be allowed, Killian Dain used it in NXT.

One Winged Angel would be allowed, Killian Dain used it in NXT.

I'm aware of that, but I think they don't want two wrestlers having the same finisher. Then again, Dain switched to version of the Vader Bomb.

As for the Bucks, I don't know if they would be allowed to use the Meltzer Driver, or the Indytaker. They would probably be allowed to use More Bang For Your Buck though.

Guest Fight Me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpynU4znFUk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=g7p8a523t74p

3 Wrestle Kingdom matches announced!

Naito vs. Jericho! Okada vs. Jay White! Kushida vs. Ishimori!

Also, twas watching Jericho/EVIL from Saturday and was fairly surprised to hear Chuckie T/Chuck Taylor provide color commentary. He took it seriously and did a good job honestly. I think he was even the one who translated the promo at the end.

Theres no way theyd have Dain keep the OWA over Omega. No way. Omega might not be there but hes easily the bigger star and the moves innovator.

Actually, Dain has used it longer than Omega. Omega didn't start using the OWA until 2011, but yeah, Dain would have to change finishers if Omega ever goes to WWE.

Theres no way theyd have Dain keep the OWA over Omega. No way. Omega might not be there but hes easily the bigger star and the moves innovator.

Actually, Dain has used it longer than Omega. Omega didn't start using the OWA until 2011, but yeah, Dain would have to change finishers if Omega ever goes to WWE.

Huh. I was sure Omega was the innovator, though I suppose its possible they both came up with it without realizing the other had.

Still, with all respect to Dain, Omega is by far the one to get the move over and the one most associated with it. There's no way they'd keep it with Dain over Omega.

Hell even if they did, Omega has enough of a repetoir to not be an issue. Croyts Wrath, Aoi Shoudou, or he could elevate V-Trigger to finisher status.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpynU4znFUk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=g7p8a523t74p

3 Wrestle Kingdom matches announced!

Naito vs. Jericho! Okada vs. Jay White! Kushida vs. Ishimori!

Also, twas watching Jericho/EVIL from Saturday and was fairly surprised to hear Chuckie T/Chuck Taylor provide color commentary. He took it seriously and did a good job honestly. I think he was even the one who translated the promo at the end.

Chuck's been doing spots on NJPW for a bit now i feel.

Huh. I was sure Omega was the innovator, though I suppose its possible they both came up with it without realizing the other had.

Still, with all respect to Dain, Omega is by far the one to get the move over and the one most associated with it. There's no way they'd keep it with Dain over Omega.

Hell even if they did, Omega has enough of a repetoir to not be an issue. Croyts Wrath, Aoi Shoudou, or he could elevate V-Trigger to finisher status.

Yeah, Dain used it on the indies way before Kenny did. Kenny used a modified version of the Aoi Shoudou. It was like a Cross-Legged Michinoku Driver (Which ironically was part of the 2k18 New Moves Pack). Then, he switched to the OWA in 2011. I agree that with you that Kenny will have the OWA if he ever goes to WWE.

Archived