The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

FulGore

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Elder Scrolls title?

• Arena
    • Daggerfall
    • Morrowind
    • Oblivion
    • Skyrim

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it actually free or is it just subscription free and you have to buy it first?

Buy then play free

So it's not free to play at all, because you have to buy it like every other game.

Is it actually free or is it just subscription free and you have to buy it first?

Buy then play free

How does that work?

Buy then play free

How does that work?

It went from subscription based to no subs. So you just buy the game normally like all the others. I've seen them advertise it as "free to play" which is moronic.

Yeah, buy then play 'free'. I should've worded that better.

So I'm playing the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim..and I'm trying to find the locations for the Cyclone shout but I want to find it myself don't want to just look it up. Plus I'm discovering places I didn't explore before so it's good

Love some of the mods I run.

Ultimate Follower Overhaul is great combined with My Home is Your Home. Running around with Kharjo, Frea, and one of those random hirelings. The rest of my followers stay at Lakeview Manor, which was expanded with mods and now it's a small settlement basically.

It's fun just tearing through a dungeon and everyone plays different roles. Frea is the tank, Kharjo is ranged, hireling plays the support role, and I'm the mage/conjurer. It's fun doing a little extra roleplaying with games like this.

Another great one and without a doubt my favorite is Rigmor of Bruma. Great storyline and quest

I was using that one but stopped halfway, as she bugged out and started following me even when I told her not to.... and she never shut up.

Inigo is great, added that mod yesterday. He has alot to say and has some great one liners.

Also downloaded another follower called Hoth. Very unique looking and has a pretty awesome weapon that he uses. Both are wonderfully voice acted.

A great moment between the two was Hoth saying how it's easy to skin a Khajit, then he turns and glares at Inigo(who is a Khajit) , who nervously looks back at him and steps back.

Had me laughing for a good 5 minutes, because I wasn't expecting Inigo to actually react to it.

Inigo is great, added that mod yesterday. He has alot to say and has some great one liners.

Also downloaded another follower called Hoth. Very unique looking and has a pretty awesome weapon that he uses. Both are wonderfully voice acted.

A great moment between the two was Hoth saying how it's easy to skin a Khajit, then he turns and glares at Inigo(who is a Khajit) , who nervously looks back at him and steps back.

Had me laughing for a good 5 minutes, because I wasn't expecting Inigo to actually react to it.

Yeah, that's a great thing mod makers do nowadays with follower mods is make them compatible in unexpected ways with others. There was a healer follower mod a while back that is compatible with a huge amount of them.

• 1 month later...

Got Skyrim on PC a week ago. Man it's a whole different ball game. Absolutely love it. Never got to finish Skyrim on PS3 and I'm glad I didn't. The PC version so much superior. I can do everything I want to as far as I can imagine it. So far, I have downloaded a few Weapon Mods with the weapons I have always wanted, added Sheaths for Two handed swords, all Swords on back, New and more frequent Killmoves, DragonFly ability, Cloaks and Capes, New animations, Civil War overhaul Mod (One of the best ever, makes the War quests and gameplay so much better). There is sooo much to do!

Got Skyrim on PC a week ago. Man it's a whole different ball game. Absolutely love it. Never got to finish Skyrim on PS3 and I'm glad I didn't. The PC version so much superior. I can do everything I want to as far as I can imagine it. So far, I have downloaded a few Weapon Mods with the weapons I have always wanted, added Sheaths for Two handed swords, all Swords on back, New and more frequent Killmoves, DragonFly ability, Cloaks and Capes, New animations, Civil War overhaul Mod (One of the best ever, makes the War quests and gameplay so much better). There is sooo much to do!

If you feel like the perks are a little bland or unbalanced, look up Perkus Maximus. you won't regret it.

Hey Pepsi, hows the mod you're working on?

It took a back seat as I was fooling around and learning to use RPG Maker. It's up on nexus but doesn't at the moment have a dungeon to go in to get the parts (so at the moment it's only accessible via console commands), and they're still using the default models (i'd like to go in and make the models more intricate once I learn how).

The stats, luckily, work correctly now. Eventually realized the reason I couldn't get them to show with the proper stats was due to PerMa, and I had forgotten to add them to the .xml files.

If anyone was wanting to use the default armor and weapons from the trailers but don't like how weak they are in game, let me know and i'll give you a link to the nexus page for it.

Only person to have never played a Skyrim mod...

Only played the 360 version and even if I wanted to, my Laptop would just kill itself the moment I'd load Skyrim up.

Only person to have never played a Skyrim mod...

Only played the 360 version and even if I wanted to, my Laptop would just kill itself the moment I'd load Skyrim up.

Sorry to hear that man, you're missing out.

Archived