The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

FulGore

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Elder Scrolls title?

• Arena
    • Daggerfall
    • Morrowind
    • Oblivion
    • Skyrim

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna get pretty excited once E3 comes around. Hope it's true, though i'm actually nervous about the rumor that we can go to multiple provinces but the maps are smaller. I'd prefer one province with a large map, not a single player Elder Scrolls Online.

Argonia seems like a fun setting though, but I would've preferred High Rock or Elsewyr. That said, hopefully they improve on dual wielding and spell casting. All play styles, magic, Thief, and Warrior, need to be equally viable late-game.

Bethesda is releasing a version of ESO called Tamriel Unlimited for PC in March and for consoles in June. It will no longer have a subscription fee, just buy the game and play. Definitely going to pick it up for PS4.

Finally. Subscription fees are dead, developers and publishers need to understand that.

Bethesda is releasing a version of ESO called Tamriel Unlimited for PC in March and for consoles in June. It will no longer have a subscription fee, just buy the game and play. Definitely going to pick it up for PS4.

Finally. Subscription fees are dead, developers and publishers need to understand that.

Agreed, but I don't think we'll see them completely disappear. There will be devs and publishers who think a subscription is the best route for their game to go. It'll (likely) lead to the same end, game goes free to play within a year of being released.

On ESO, I'm much more interested in it now that the subscription is gone.

I like to think Guild Wars 2 started the process.

I'll probably pick up a version. If it has mods, I'm going PC, if not, Console

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna get pretty excited once E3 comes around. Hope it's true, though i'm actually nervous about the rumor that we can go to multiple provinces but the maps are smaller. I'd prefer one province with a large map, not a single player Elder Scrolls Online.

I'd like to see a compromise between the two extremes. Specifically I would like the southern region. Summerset Isle, Valenwood, Elsweyr, a little chunk of Southern Cyrodiil and Argonia.

My spatial reasoning could be failing, but I believe the only single province with a larger map than Skyrim (that hasn't been used since the series became modern with Morrowind) is Hammerfell. It is probably the most ideal location for a single, self-contained province. It's run by people too, so the buildings and populace would be mostly human and thus more familiar than giant lizard people and such. I feel like next gen can handle a larger area than that. A desert theme could get boring (they are in real life), and I feel as though Bethesda's team can fill more than one provice with interesting stuff in a single player game.

The entire map is too much though. A single player MMO would be cumbersome. Even if the engine can handle all those zones just fine, the devs still have to put the work into making each region fully fleshed out and filled with intriguing interactions. That's too much work to fill all of Tamriel for a 1P game. I would prefer a smaller zone with danger and fun always just around the corner, than a big, empty wasteland.

Speaking of (Seeing as how this thread is really about which TES game is your fav), one of the biggest flaws of Morrowind is that it felt empty... a LOT! Don't get me wrong, Morrowind is great, and there are forums full of legions of diehard Morrowind fans who cannot be told otherwise that TES wasn't born with Morrowind and died afterward. The freedom and old school RPG charm meets cutting edge (at the time) visual presentation make Morrowind an all time classic, but damn if Beth didn't improve on gameplay and content and many other things since then, whether some fans will admit it or not.

My goal of seeing the Southern provinces might be too ambitious as well. I'd really like Summerset Isle to be included though. I know TES tends to jump into the far future or past between games. But I'd like to see VI set within 50 years after the events of Skyrim.

The location of the game doesn't really matter to me. I'm just excited to be getting a new true Elder Scrolls game.

Agreed, I do hope that Bethesda branches out with the hero's origin. Won't hold my breathe on that one, likely (yet again) a prisoner.

• 1 month later...

Getting a brand new spanking computer soon. Should be powerful enough to finally get me an ENB mod for Skyrim.

Also, I hope in the next Elder Scrolls, you don't start as a prisoner.

Getting a brand new spanking computer soon. Should be powerful enough to finally get me an ENB mod for Skyrim.

Also, I hope in the next Elder Scrolls, you don't start as a prisoner.

What GPU you gonna be running with?

And me too. I'd love for them to take a page from the modding book and set it up similar to how the Another Life mod goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to take up skyrim modding, starting with something simple. Making an armor set out of the vanilla stuff to create a strong set based on the armor dragonborn wears in the trailers. Easy enough but i'm having a bit of troube with values that i've changed resetting to default when I actually go in game (IE Sword Of Dovahkiin, which uses the steel sword model but has a base damage a bit higher than regular daedric sword, resets to steel sword damage when I .additem it in-game).

Once I get that figured out, i'm gonna use bethesda's CK tutorial to make a little dungeon for getting the armor and weapons, and maybe a quest for it. Wanting to start simple since i'm quite a simple-minded dude.

I've decided to take up skyrim modding, starting with something simple. Making an armor set out of the vanilla stuff to create a strong set based on the armor dragonborn wears in the trailers. Easy enough but i'm having a bit of troube with values that i've changed resetting to default when I actually go in game (IE Sword Of Dovahkiin, which uses the steel sword model but has a base damage a bit higher than regular daedric sword, resets to steel sword damage when I .additem it in-game).

Once I get that figured out, i'm gonna use bethesda's CK tutorial to make a little dungeon for getting the armor and weapons, and maybe a quest for it. Wanting to start simple since i'm quite a simple-minded dude.

I always wanted to try modding. Never had the time. Most I did was make a follower

I always wanted to try modding. Never had the time. Most I did was make a follower

The idea of creating something myself has always enticed me.

I wish I still had my Radeon 4870x2. I had the best ENBs for Skyrim, Fallout etc.

I agree on not starting as a prisoner this time.

Let's start out as like...a farmer's child or something, or like the sole survivor of an invasion.

So lil update on my first mod. Got it working and figured out how to make it compatible with PerMa via XML edits. Now the only step is to test the parts, then learn how to then make a dungeon to place them in.

Maybe figure out how to make a custom enchant for them.

EDIT: finished the first part of my mod and even uploaded it. Not much considering it doesn't even use any new assets, but i'm still proud of myself.

Archived