The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

FulGore

26 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Elder Scrolls title?

• Arena
    • Daggerfall
    • Morrowind
    • Oblivion
    • Skyrim

With rumors in the air for a new title, I felt that it was time to open this thread, and since we have discussion threads for other games, I figured we couldn't forget about The Elder Scrolls. Use this thread as a wishlist/discussion for future titles, or just reminisce about your favorite quests or your favorite title.

Discussion about quests or any potential spoilers should stay in spoiler tags just in case new comers to the series come in here.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can list numerous improvements they could make, but I'll stick with just a few before I jump on to new vegas for a bit.

Firstly, Dual Wielding. Give us an actual sheath for the second weapon, dunno why we didn't get one in skyrim and installing dual sheaths redux is a pain. and allow us to block, obviously.

Please, for the love of christ, do not make us a prisoner AGAIN. Seriously, what the hell is Bethesdas obsession with prisons and prisoners. In fact, why not take a page out of Dragon Ages book and give us multiple ways we could start.

The streamlining in Skyrim wasn't all that bad, but with it all working with less complication, it's time to start reintroducing spell types and such. Levitation for instance.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT put auto aim on arrows again. That shit is a nightmare on consoles, it was a little bit less of a pain on PC where you could remove it with an .ini edit, but even still.

Please for the love of Koenma, more voice actors this time around.

Reintroduce more weapon types. spears, katars, hell, maybe add whips.

And of course, keep up the amazing job of supporting the modding community. Skyrim still feels fresh every time I play thanks to mods.

I voted for Skyrim. All round it probably just shades Morrowind for me. I can't think of many games I've put as many hours into both on console and PC. It's hard to do Skyrim justice with any superlatives really, everything about the game is fantastic. I can't think of many games with a better community either, some of the mods created for it are unreal.

Oblivion was the first Elder Scrolls game I ever played, and I absolutely loved it. It is hard to go back after playing Skyrim with mods, but Oblivion was a great game.

Also, in the next game, I hope they add more side activities. Surely they could make up some mini games.

I only played Skyrim because of how hyped up and etc it was

I just spammed spells I'd be there with double fire burning everything - then cry when a fire immune guy shows up and be like *Censored* when those oil things were on the floor and I inadvertently set myself on fire

I'd also spam that fire shout

I only played Skyrim because of how hyped up and etc it was

I just spammed spells I'd be there with double fire burning everything - then cry when a fire immune guy shows up and be like *Censored* when those oil things were on the floor and I inadvertently set myself on fire

I'd also spam that fire shout

Ahh, a pyromancer then. The shout you're thinking of is probably fire breath, by the way.

Yeah, when I faced those fire immune guys I struggled so much xD I remember I was about to kill one, pressed the shout button to finish him off then regretted it when it nearly recovered him back to full HP.

I was a high elf in my second save. Lost my first save, where I was a wood elf. I originally intended to be an archer but then I found that sucked so BURNED EVERYTHING, which is why I went high elf as they had better magic. The no longer immune to all diseases was bad though, that I liked about the wood elf.

I married Aela in game. That chick who is a werewolf.

Other than fire I would spam Carvoyance because *Censored* actually looking for stuff ;o

Yeah, when I faced those fire immune guys I struggled so much xD I remember I was about to kill one, pressed the shout button to finish him off then regretted it when it nearly recovered him back to full HP.

I was a high elf in my second save. Lost my first save, where I was a wood elf. I originally intended to be an archer but then I found that sucked so BURNED EVERYTHING, which is why I went high elf as they had better magic. The no longer immune to all diseases was bad though, that I liked about the wood elf.

I married Aela in game. That chick who is a werewolf.

Other than fire I would spam Carvoyance because *Censored* actually looking for stuff ;o

seems we're opposites. I almost always end up playing a stealth archer type, even when I start out intending to be something else. I seem to have an uncanny knack for leading arrows in Skyrim.

Anyone use Perkus Maximus?

I did sneak around until the point where I started burning people (not the in game snaking though, that was on the lowest possible, I just walked really slowly)

Since the elves have low defence I would just spam it whilst walking backwards to avoid contact cuz like two hits would take me out

Though on my second save I had this heavy armour on (from the cew I joined, I forget which but the chick was the leader. Imperials?) so it was alright in that department

I love Skyrim (put in over 300 hours into the game so far) but Oblivion is my favorite. Overall, I can get into the story of it better than I could Skyrim. Also, loved the arena in Oblivion, would've loved something like that in Skyrim. One thing I hope is improved upon is smithing, I'd like it to become a more robust crafting system. Where the player has more control of what they're creating.

Love and still play (A very,very, 30gb modded) Skyrim. The only thing I hated were the colors. They all seem to desaturated, especially after I started playing Oblivion again.

EMBs and lighting mods, guys. They can surprisingly make things amazingly different. Look up Gophers mods as well, one of them involves changing brightness and saturation in game.

EMBs and lighting mods, guys. They can surprisingly make things amazingly different. Look up Gophers mods as well, one of them involves changing brightness and saturation in game.

To bad my computer can't run ENB's that well

To bad my computer can't run ENB's that well

Yeah, many can't, but there are alternatives even still to achieve a good look without excessive resource hogging.

Even with mods, I'd still rather play an Elder Scrolls game on console.

May I ask why?

I don't really have an explanation for it, I just prefer playing games like that on console. I have Skyrim for my PC, and it's hard for me to stay away from the console commands and such, so I just stick to the version I can't use commands on. xD

May I ask why?

I don't really have an explanation for it, I just prefer playing games like that on console. I have Skyrim for my PC, and it's hard for me to stay away from the console commands and such, so I just stick to the version I can't use commands on. xD

Well, it is possible to disable console commands via modding and probably a simple .ini edit :P

May I ask why?

Well, it is possible to disable console commands via modding and probably a simple .ini edit :P

I did alright with my last play through, the only console command I used was the racemenu command.

May I ask why?

I did alright with my last play through, the only console command I used was the racemenu command.

you're referring to showracemenu, yeah? Yep, pretty much everyone uses it. It's just easier to make a character in better lighting, especially if you don't have the race menu mod.

May I ask why?

you're referring to showracemenu, yeah? Yep, pretty much everyone uses it. It's just easier to make a character in better lighting, especially if you don't have the race menu mod.

Yes, I am. I am never happy with my character, I'm always changing it.

Apparently ESO could be going free to play.

Archived