Better Call Saul

Jmerc

I don't know why but I found it odd that the last episode was completely free of Nacho. He made it clear he was mad at him and Saul didn't exactly did a good job at hiding that he called them. So why is he not being confronted at all? Aside from that, I really enjoyed the last episode. The whole petty war against the lawfirm and his relationship with Chuck is interesting and entertaining, I think.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why but I found it odd that the last episode was completely free of Nacho. He made it clear he was mad at him and Saul didn't exactly did a good job at hiding that he called them. So why is he not being confronted at all? Aside from that, I really enjoyed the last episode. The whole petty war against the lawfirm and his relationship with Chuck is interesting and entertaining, I think.

Agreed 100%.

This is a very slow paced show, very slow.

Is that supposed to be a negative thing? While I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a high-tempo show, I don't think it's plodding around. It's methodically paced.

You didn't find last night's episode compelling in any way? Personally, I enjoyed piecing together as to what happened to Mike's son. The episode also further reminded me just how good Jonathan Banks is.

Great episode.

As for it being slow, I don't even feel like it is slow. Do people forget what Breaking Bad was actually like? Because Saul is almost identical in the way that the episodes progress. BB was a very methodical show as well. I guess people have just forgoten that.

Great episode.

As for it being slow, I don't even feel like it is slow. Do people forget what Breaking Bad was actually like? Because Saul is almost identical in the way that the episodes progress. BB was a very methodical show as well. I guess people have just forgoten that.

Now that you mention it, what you've said might just be the reason why I've never been able to watch Breaking Bad in the past... after a few more BCS episodes under my belt, I might just give that series another try.

Great episode.

My con with the episode before this week's was that the scenes just simply had no impact or panache to them. While I did love the opening scene to the ep, it just dragged on too much for me in terms of what happened. I don't mind having episodes that are methodically slow, but I would prefer them methodical albeit satisfying. The episode between Chuck/Saul just didn't interest me much.

That being said, this week's episode was freaking great. Am I the only one who felt happiness when

Mike showed Jimmy's card to the two cops in the I.R

? Plus I don't know, I feel like the two have this kind of oddball chemistry or charm whenever they are on-screen together (despite the fact very little has happened up to now between them, dialogue-wise).

Also, Jonathan Banks is a great actor, man. Like, he can do so little in an episode but it can add a lot.

I didn't think I'd like it much cause I thought it'd be too gimmicky and lulzy but honestly I love it. I LOVE the Mike origins story we're getting lately. Last week's episode was one of the best eps of any show in a long time.

Bob Odenkirk is so goddamn good.

He really is the perfect guy for this role. I liked him in Fargo and his guest stuff in Arrested Development and HIMYM too, but this is really THE role for him. Can't imagine anyone else doing this well as Saul.

Show is getting so good now. Just watched the latest two episodes.

The shit with the retirement home is *censored*ing hilarious. Especially when he goes into the dumpster and gets covered in shit...only to check the recycling bin immediately after and find all of the paper.

Well on the commercials, the narrator said there are 2 episodes left this season so I'm guessing there will be another season.

That really doesn't mean anything, aside from the fact that the first season ends in two episodes...

But I'm sure there will be more. Unless they wrap up everything they want to tell about Saul and Mike in a single season, which doesn't seem like the case...because they've only just begun with their origins. I mean, it took the entire first season just for them to start working together. Now they need to actually show some of the jobs they did before Breaking Bad.

Archived