Better Call Saul

Jmerc

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the first episode today. Didn't do much for me, unfortunately. Nothing that genuinly captured my interest happened, so I'll hope it was just to establish a general introduction. Liked the scene with the parking house though.

I felt a similar feeling during/after the first episode too. The second episode pulls everything together and did a great job of assuring me that this series will be fantastic.

That's good to know man, thanks. Will keep watching when I get the chance to catch another episode. Also, I agree, Walt could very well be alive. I don't necessarily think that he comes back but we never saw him dead, really. Just presumed.

^ Greatest show ever. No competition.

We'll probably dive back into the Saul discussion after this, but what are your favourite episodes (in order)? I think my top one is certainly Ozymandias, by a clear mile. Felina is probably up there in my top 10.

Face Off is perhaps my 2nd fave, just due to the episode and ENDING itself being a complete shocker to me.

(subject to change)

1: Ozymandias

2: Face Off

3: To'Haajilee

4: Dead Freight

5: End Times

6: Crawl Space

7: Felina

8: Blood Money

9: Say My Name

10: Phoenix (I would choose ABQ over it, because of the ending but the entire episode of Phoenix was really thrilling)

That also goes for the rest: what was your fave ep. of BB?

1. There is absolutely nothing that says Walt is dead.

2. He wasn't involved in Hank's death, he just happened to be there. And Hank was presumably not found.

3. He's Walter *censored*ing White, that's how.

4. You said it yourself "Walt is the reason Saul is hiding". You don't hide from dead people.

1. Not sure if serious.

2. Which is being an accessory to murder and that alone is a felony

1. There is absolutely nothing that says Walt is dead.

2. He wasn't involved in Hank's death, he just happened to be there. And Hank was presumably not found.

3. He's Walter *censored*ing White, that's how.

4. You said it yourself "Walt is the reason Saul is hiding". You don't hide from dead people.

1. Not sure if serious.

2. Which is being an accessory to murder and that alone is a felony

Collective answer to 1 and 2: He's Walter White.

I still think Breaking Bad is coming back after Better Call Saul is over. I think the series will end full circle with Walt somehow walking into Saul's Nebraska home and Saul reacting accordingly (as if he's seen a ghost)...right at that exact moment that they showed in the first episode where he was watching the tape of his commercials. Dude will fall out his chair, spill his drink all over, etc.

I just feel like BCS is too good of a spinoff to just be a spinoff. It has to be coming back to something.

I was thinking that

epilogue-esque

scene at the start could lead us to what happens, like, after that scene or something. I don't know, though, I kind of see a Gustavo Fring spin-off being more likely at this rate than a Breaking Bad continuation.

Unless you're saying Walt walks into Saul's Nebraska home ready to re-start business or something?

I'm saying that Saul, living in Nebraska after the events of Breaking Bad, obviously thinks Walt is dead. It's been years (presumably) since that all happened. But instead of dying, Walt ended up living, going to jail, doing time...somehow getting out with less than a life sentence...at which point, he tracks down Saul...maybe because he's one of the only people he thinks he can trust. Not necessarily because he wants to go back into business, but because he's out, and has no where else to turn. His family has left him, Jesse is gone, etc. So he goes and finds Saul.

That opening scene just felt way too BIG to exist solely for the purpose of showing how far Saul has fallen. I expect them to close the season/series with that same scene, but something big will happen as he's sitting there watching his tape. Just have Walt walk in the front door without knocking, put down a suitcase and say "hello Saul". And that will be the end of the season (or maybe even the end of the series, if they do bring back Breaking Bad).

So you're assuming just a potential rekindling of a relationship between Walt and Saul? As in he'd hypothetically knock on Saul's door, and say "hello Saul", in order to reignite their friendship, live together or whatever?

Because what you're assuming here doesn't seem far-fetched. The only question here is that you said the opener felt way too big to exist as 'just a flash-forward'. I wholeheartedly agree. But if these events that you're imagining do take place, what next big thing would it probably lead to?

Liking the show so far. It still has staples that made Breaking Bad really cool. Most importantly it retained the look Breaking Bad had with the cool POV, handheld and low angle shots. Love seeing the play with framing as well. And the writing of course is there with Vince Gilligan at the helm once again. Excited for the rest of the season, I think this is going to do well for AMC as The Walking Dead is also back on that network (although I thought it may have been smarter to have Better Call Saul on the network while Walking Dead was on mid-season break).

"Hero" is a lot better than "Nacho", very impressive episode. Although I am questioning the opening scene a bit, just because

it already seems to tease at Jimmy "being Saul" before he's close to fully becoming it

, it was still a great way to open said ep.

Camera-work was good, dialogue and movie references were great & the main climax of the episode was the most fun to witness. So far, BCS have done really well, I'm just anticipating

more intensity (or Nacho/Tuco), and seeing how Chuck deals with his hypersensitivity

in the later episodes.

Archived