Did 2K take a shot at CM Punk?

XXX.

So, I was playing 2k showcase and during Cena and Punk vs Bryan and Big Show when Punk walks out on Cena during the match, Jerry Lawler says "Punk's taking his ball err his championship and going home".

So, I went to the actual match and listened to the commentary and they never said that during the real match. Anyone else notice that?

http://wrestlingfeed.com/dailymotion.php?url=xst9ll&title=WWE%20Raw%20August%2013%202012%20HQ%20Part%207

there's the link to the match in real life.

It was a childish BS thing to do on 2K/Lawlers behalf.. so wasn't needed.

Errr, childish BS is at least half of what makes professional wrestling fun!

Fan-dogshit

Fan-dingaling

Fan-dodge durango

Fan-dilapidated dildo

Oh, I see a little silouhetto of a man, baba boosh, baba boosh, can you do the fandango...

Quite honestly, the only entertainment value I've got outta the last few months of televised programming has come from Jericho, Mizdow, Rock and The New Day. More childish BS please!!

It was a childish BS thing to do on 2K/Lawlers behalf.. so wasn't needed.

Errr, childish BS is at least half of what makes professional wrestling fun!

Fan-dogshit

Fan-dingaling

Fan-dodge durango

Fan-dilapidated dildo

Oh, I see a little silouhetto of a man, baba boosh, baba boosh, can you do the fandango...

Quite honestly, the only entertainment value I've got outta the last few months of televised programming has come from Jericho, Mizdow, Rock and The New Day. More childish BS please!!

I was talking about Lawler adding that shitty comment that didn't need added as, you know.. he didn't say it at the time.

It's just too bad Punk didn't throw his little tantrum while he was actually holding a belt...

now that might've made for some interesting television!

But judging by the other IN GAME comments regarding his punkness, one little shot isn't much compared to the piles of lavish praise. And in my book, undeserved lavish praise...afterall he was just reading off the script during that pipebomb baloney.

Yeah, I guess he did read it well...

Hopefully by this time next year, we'll be talking about Kenta Kobayashi's WWE 2K16 model rather than wondering whether the punk will be fighting an N'Sync member or Screech from TV's Saved By The Bell in his final UFC match.

It's just too bad Punk didn't throw his little tantrum while he was actually holding a belt...

But judging by the other IN GAME comments regarding his punkness, one little shot isn't much compared to the piles of lavish praise. And in my book, undeserved lavish praise...afterall he was just reading off the script during that pipebomb baloney.

Hopefully by this time next year, we'll be talking about Kenta Kobayashi's WWE 2K16 model rather than wondering whether the punk will be fighting an N'Sync member or Screech from TV's Saved By The Bell in his final UFC match.

Punk hater.

Didn't follow that at all.

Punk hater.

haha, not really, I actually kinda like the guy. I was just trying to rip a page from my own book...MORE CHILDISH BS!!!

But I really do hope we're discussing Kenta, Devitt and Steen's models at this time next year!!!

Didn't follow that at all.

Who says socialized education doesn't work?

Somebody should start a "USA" chant!

Nah, I'm just kidding, NSYNC and Saved By The Bell were probably from before your time and best forgotten.

I brought this up somewhere but it got looked over. I caught it right away and found it pretty funny. I'm surprised they didn't try to take more shots at him.

2K took a shot at CM Punk on twitter when they said "Got your attention now?" CM Punk even brought this up on Cabana's podcast with a shot of his own at them.

Well you know how WWE is; this is the same company that had the mandate of "in video advertisements & public demonstrations of the game, HHH can NEVER appear in a defensive position. Taking a jab at Punk via the game.. not a shocker. Especially with WWE affinity for revisionism.. as they say the victor writes history to favor him. SMH.

Wasn't that the match where Punk and Cena did each others signature moves? If memory serves, Punk took offence to that (kayfabe) and left Cena to fight 2 on 1. So technically he kind've "took his ball and went home" in a storyline sense.

Although it wouldn't be far fetched to say it was a shot either.

Archived