Suicide squad

Rubbersoul

Its official! Warner Bros. just announced the cast of Suicide Squad, their next DC Comics movie after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Heres the official cast/character list:

Jared Leto The Joker

Will Smith Deadshot

Margot Robbie Harley Quinn

Tom Hardy Rick Flagg

Cara Delevingne Enchantress

Jai Courtney Boomerang

According to Variety, Jesse Eisenberg is still in talks to appear in a cameo as Lex Luthor, but his deal isnt finalized yet. Director David Ayer is currently working on the script, and Zack Snyder will serve as an executive producer. Suicide Squad is scheduled for a release on August 5, 2016. Check out the full press release for more info

http://batman-news.com/2014/12/02/suicide-squad-to-star-will-smith-jared-leto-margot-robbie-tom-hardy-and-more/

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cast in itself is incredibly cool. I like all of them except Margot Robbie, but she suits the role very well, visually. But I don't know how I feel about a.) seeing Hardy as not Bane in a comic movie or Leto as The Joker. Ledger definitely made me critical of new casts for that role but I'll give it a chance. Hope he finds "his" way of playing him.

And I'm unreasobably excited to see what Cara looks like with dark hair.

I feel like this will bomb, the cast is really good but the whole suicide squad thing just seems kinda meh, Where the *Censored* is deathstroke? the dude is pretty popular at the moment.

Should've cast the guy who played T-Bag in Prison Break as The Joker.

I'd love to see Knepper as a more aged Joker, but I think Leto will do the character justice. Obviously he won't hold up to Ledger but I want to give him a chance.

Will be hilarious if he does a better job than Ledger. I know Heath is revered as The Joker and it will certainly hard to replace him, because he did such a fantastic job, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that in future Batman/DC adaptations someone will come along and knock Ledger's out of the park.

Should've cast the guy who played T-Bag in Prison Break as The Joker.

I'd love to see Knepper as a more aged Joker, but I think Leto will do the character justice. Obviously he won't hold up to Ledger but I want to give him a chance.

Will be hilarious if he does a better job than Ledger. I know Heath is revered as The Joker and it will certainly hard to replace him, because he did such a fantastic job, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that in future Batman/DC adaptations someone will come along and knock Ledger's out of the park.

I don't think it's so much that he played the role the best, rather than that his style/version of the Joker is the one people like the most. Which actually makes it even harder to surpass him because you can't do it like him without seeming like a rip off, even if you act better than Ledger.

Yeah, he's already set the benchmark now. It'd be, say, easier to replace Christian Bale as the Batman because even though he acted very well in his three films that he was assigned to: he didn't act amazing. However, Heath Ledger absolutely killed it with his part and I legit think that had it not been for him, the movie could have lost a lot more substance than we think it would.

No pressure on Leto, he could still do well. But no matter how well he does, how well will we be accustomed to his performance in comparison to Heath's?

I would have casted Troy Baker tbh, he does a really well Mark Hamill ish Joker voice.

Good choice, but is he a good physical actor as well as being Voice actor?

He's a great actor but it's odd not seeing him in the lead role.

Never know, could have a Robert Downey Jr. situation where Smith outshines the others, gains a pop culture following and become the forefront for any future DC movies that he appears in. Essentially he'll turn Deadshot into a lead role.

Archived