What do CAW creators need to make better CAWS?

animalz07

Better face and body morphing options. Revert back to having sliders and also include more options. To those who have played the Sims 3, that's what we need basically. And instead of listing a bunch more stuff, I'll simplify it by saying we need more choices (within all creation modes I might add).

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU ANIMALZ07 for making this thread!

First off, 2K needs to be up front with us. There is a lack of communication from them on certain things. We don't have blogs, forums and communities because we're bored or have nothing better to do. We have them because more times then not we are ignored. So the purchaser's of products can only rely on the community for help or get help from someone close to a develper. Even get help from someone who always has the answers because info is so scattered, far apart, late or doesn't come at all.

With that, here are my 2K/Yukes call outs:

Limitaions on hairstyles and beards (A lot of my favorites can't be created from the community) Hair and facial hair is a big minus this year. Why didn't 2K at least give us ALL hair & beard styles from in-game wrestlers. Bring back all hair & beard styles from last gen. I would also like to see beard styles from the likes of RICK ROSS, BRYLON EDWARDS & THE CAST OF SONS OF ANARCHY. I find it funny we have JEFF HARDY'S face paint but not his hairstyle from his WWE days.

Pictures:

In-game or uploaded decals/images should have an invert option in the game like in past years. Would be nice to flip images without having to upload 2 of the same images to create a certain affect. This is good for tights, trunks, gloves or boots to have pictures facing in different directions.

Caw Body/Face type & Sliders:

All the caws have the same generic face ( yes I know we can imput our own faces but what if you have to wait 24hrs to download again or having issues with the face textures?) Face implementing is not perfect so this would be an added option.

Sliders along with facial formulas or a face morphing tool to set facial features apart for all aspects of the face would be a plus, no 2 heads are exactly alike. Before there was a CC, I relied heavily on formulas to make my own legends. Without those creators that took the time to get the likeness spot on, I would have been screwed. I know its amazing we can upload our face via pictures now(wish they would do this for basketball.) But those extra features might help so many of us.

No different selection of body types or sliders like last gen. People are using Warrior, Lesnar & Ryback body types to create caws but can't really do much with them. I've seen CAWS with picture uploaded ripped/cut torsos. Even I like some of them, the color is off.

See, this is why OUR creativity should not be capped or limited from an options stand point. I personally would have not thought of that. So thanks to those that have!

That method does take away from an image spot if you have other logos your interested in using.

We can add 8 custom decals/images to our CAWS but can onlu upload 5 at a time. (Not a big deal, just saying)

Image Issues:

This has made its way to next gen, pictures warp when they are made large or stretched to there max. This causes US to add more textures/layers then necessary. I have read where people ran out of layers.

Saving/Keeping our vision for future use:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

This is the start of the next gen experience. Wouldn't it be GREAT if 2K SAVED all of our CAWS for next year and make them transferable years after that. This would be amazing so we don't have to recreate year after year. Look at the time spent already for these JEWELS, just to have them VANISH and be created all over again.

Caws would be locked to your account, so no one can take your fame and greatness. You can keep caws on or delete them from the community. Do a whole new version if you want, the choice is yours. If someone can re-upload your CAW, you should still get credit for it. Just like in MODNATION RACERS on the PS3.

A lot of us still play up until the next installment, so why not.

Does 2K plan on changing the engine there using now?

Just an idea but could it be a reality?

Thats 25 spot you don't have to worry about and can continue your next 25.....when they give us more slots that is. Ok, 25 slots or more per account might be too much, maybe your top 10 or so.

OR let us SAVE THEM OURSELVES on our harddrives, back them up and we can just transfer to the new game every year after that. This way we can save as many as we want. JUST IMAGINE THAT FOR A MINUTE!!

WHO DO WE HAVE TO TALK TO AT 2K TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN?

In-game wrestlers use OUR custom slots. 2K only gave us 25 slots! And they knew full well there are hardcore perfectionists out there year after year. Look at all the Stardust, Ambrose & Rollins updates there are in the community.

How about you allow us to create uploaded versions of in-game wrestlers and it dosen't take away from our custom slots, if it's possible. The slots are for OUR customized originals and wrestlers that didn't make it or will never make it. It was done to some degree in NO MERCY for the 64, well not to this extent but you get the point. And yes I know it was THQ then and you could only change the colors.

In-game wrestlers:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE......NO MORE 2 to 3 versions of in-game wrestlers!! 1 slot these dudes......

Example: There should only be a current version and a old school version of KANE in 1 slot; masked, unmasked etc. You can add so much more wrestlers in the game if you stopped doing this. With that said 65 wrestlers isn't really 65! (in this part of the game I would like to see some reality :laugh:) I mean, I would still be the same person if I wore a mask or not. Had long hair and then chose to shave it off, right?

THIS JUST MIGHT BE A LICENSING OR A PAID OUT CONTRACT THING but still put them in 1 slot. I'm just laughing here thinking about how much wrestlers we could get in-games at launch. Not including preorders and DLC, those would be extra plus the CAWS we create.

Even if you don't create, it's way more options you would have to really create those moments.

(ATTITUDE ERA had 3 or 4 versions of TRIPLE H, why? Should have been 1 slot 4 selections or 1 slot 3 selection with an extra slot for someone in the community to create an attire. Because NO ONE is going to use TRIPLE H in those rider boots and ruffle shirt, lol.

WILLIAM REGAL is in the game but you add him to the WCW pack???? Why!? Thanks for the robe though. :lol:

Maybe this isn't possible without it being buggy but I can dream can't I?

Someone let me know, but I think there was a time when you can choose masked or unmasked KANE by just hitting the select button or left or right on the D-pad and it was only 1 slot. I could be wrong, PS2 or PS3 days I think.

Everything:

Bring back everything you took out that people enjoyed about creation suite. Create a Ring, Create a Belt etc. Except paint tool, its clear paople are MORE creative without it.....want proof. Just look at the caws in this community or on 2K's CC for PS4 & XB1. I might be wrong about the paint tool for some people who have mastered it and for those who are on the PS3 & 360.

Attires:

I love the all new boots & apparel parts but you need to bring back all the other options from last gen. Like various robes, open sleeveless hoodies, hats, masks and so many more. Bring back REY MYSTERIO'S old school masks, I hate the back of the new ones.

My son has long hair and can wear a mask for Holloween and his hair is still visable. Ok fine, my son is not a wrestler but LUCHA'S are and a lot of them have long hair, wear full masks with hair visibility so why can't OUR CAW's.

Accessories are not visible with ceratin attire parts like last gen. Bring back the ability to wear multiple masks (layer them) and wear masks or hats with items in the OTHERS category like in previous last gen titles.

Download content:

STOP the restrictions of CAW's being downloaded because someone does not have some form of DLC. If we are using there gear and not the person & if its an original CAW, there should be no problem. An actual wrestlers likeness from a DLC is a different story, like STING or HOGAN.

Entrances:

No harm in asking.....but is it possible to get back every entrance ever made to add more flare to our creations or a new CREATE AN ENTRANCE system where we take segments from certain parts?

For instance each part would have 2 segments. Stage has 2 segments, ramps 2 segments and so on.

(Not all entrances would be able to be segmented because there short)

Example: CM PUNK entrance

Stage has 2 segments: Segment 1 he comes out then kneels down, up to when he stands. Segment 2 would be the shout and then starts his walk or something like that.

I would use PUNKS whole entrance but use something different in the 1st stage segement. I hope i'm explaining this right....instead of him kneeling, he would do something else and continue with the rest of his entrance.

Keeping all the same timing sequence of the pyro and everthing else. What do you ALL think, you might have a better idea?

The reason for this is to give some separation to our entrances and I like the ring-ins for Reigns, Ambrose & Rollins as the SHIELD but can't use them without coming from the audiance side of the arena. Maybe it's fine the way it is and we just need more entrances?

2K help us help you, help us. I know we ask for a lot and these things COSTS MONEY but our imagination is FOREVER expanding YEARLY!

Game Play:

Man this should have BEEN FIRST because what good is customization if its not playable. (I'm cracking up here as I write) I have seen so many glitches and WTF moments with my own experience and on YouTube that this is a MUST for me. I would rather they fix this first before they give us everything else I(WE) asked for. PLEASE DON'T CRUCIFY ME FOR SAYING THAT, but it does hurt the enjoyment of playing the game when these glitches happen. Certain moves are crippled and I have lost matches when I clearly kicked out of a pin, etc.

Voice or Word recognition:

use a filter of a NAME dictionary & a WORD dictionary MINUS the PROFANITY to get names not in the game. The filter would help with the profanity or vulgarity concerns. There are just some people who would do the ULTIMATE funny and ruin this concept.

We where told that is the start of something bigger and better for the future. Are WE ALLOWED to hold 2K to those words or are WE just victims of business?

We all hold 2K to higher standards, but then again they SET THE BAR THEMSELVES. So when we complain, 2K needs to listen.

I'm pretty sure I left things out but thanks again for this thread because I would have started one.

PEACE!

- More Hairstyles (and not just all in game Superstar hairstyles, give us Fades, Afros, Braids, Ponytails, Mohawks, Long Dreads, and various short and long hair styles like the SVR10-2K14 days.)

- Different Body Definitions to choose from.

- More Face and Body Morphing options (all the missing ones from the SVR10-2K14 days and maybe even more options than ever before.)

- T-shirts that fit the CAWs like the CM Punk/Daniel Bryan shirts but without logos

- Long Sleeve Shirt

- The Logo fading glitch removed

- Change the logo editing back to the way it always used to be so when we edit logos they don't reset so we can easily make quick color changes without re-mapping the logo.

- More general clothing parts

- More CAW Slots (50 would be nice, 100 in the future)

- Change the logo editing back to the way it always used to be so when we edit logos they don't reset so we can easily make quick color changes without re-mapping the logo.

This! That is really annoying when logos reset back to the original position. A pain in the ass to re-do!

Oddly enough..I kinda miss Patterns for clothing, Patterns really were alot more helpful then you'd think..put back patterns and add more! that would be cool as well.

More superstar clothing as to say can't put a super star in on time..atleast give us his clothing, would be great for folks who were in earlier games but didnt make cut this year..Like zack ryder and the like.

This! That is really annoying when logos reset back to the original position. A pain in the ass to re-do!

And that little bug where, after you finish replacing it, the original doesn't disappear. Leaving you with two of the same logo on the skin, usually in the same or near the same spot. Drives me nuts but at least you can force it to reset by moving logo placements in the move tool.

Even with the limitations I can still make good caws but gear from past wrestlers would be nice especially the divas I still can never make a good Melina because her stuff has never been available

How about a wardrobe for attires? Like, how in Saints Row 2 etc we were able to save suits/outfits. That'd come in handy if we replace attires for CAWs/Edits. Plus, we could also upload them to CC as well.

I like this idea.

Yeah, it's something I think 2K should look at getting into the game. Like I said? It'd come in handy.

And that little bug where, after you finish replacing it, the original doesn't disappear. Leaving you with two of the same logo on the skin, usually in the same or near the same spot. Drives me nuts but at least you can force it to reset by moving logo placements in the move tool.

Drives me nuts too, like.. how did they not notice these bugs?

How about a wardrobe for attires? Like, how in Saints Row 2 etc we were able to save suits/outfits. That'd come in handy if we replace attires for CAWs/Edits. Plus, we could also upload them to CC as well.

I like this idea.

Yeah, it's something I think 2K should look at getting into the game. Like I said? It'd come in handy.

It's likely they did, but they had to prioritize bigger bugs first, and the small ones got swept under the mat. The big problem of course, is whether these become legacy bugs going forward.

I like this idea.

It's likely they did, but they had to prioritize bigger bugs first, and the small ones got swept under the mat. The big problem of course, is whether these become legacy bugs going forward.

If these problems aren't sorted out on 2K16? I will be having words with 2K. I get having to prioritize bigger bugs over smaller ones, but they should set plans to patch the smaller ones too.

• Better sliders for the bodies and face, like the old games.
  • Fatter/More muscular bodies, there are certain wrestlers like Yokozuna or Scott Steiner that don't look right.
  • More unique CAW parts, not just the same ones as people in the game.
  • Better beards, making guys with long/bushy beards are impossible.
  • More hair and hair options (length, wetness, tied back, loose, etc)
  • Bring back more jackets, capes, hats, etc.
  • Bring back original divas for 2k16, there is no excuse, especially when Charlotte's finisher was included in the moves pack and the closest to making her is copying Summer Rae.
  • More slots
  • 4 attires (or more) in one CAW slot
  • Superstar Heads should not take up a slot unless it's a seperate CAW, at least be able to put 4 attires in one slot.

Archived