Last Gen: Old bug still present - Nameplates for Created Arenas in Universe

Fatal_T

Use of a custom arena in Universe will result in nameplates NOT appearing during entrances.

Have a custom RAW Arena, and I used the RAW matchup screen for it during show editing (as well as setting the RAW nameplate during the creation process) - when I went to play my first match, no nameplates appeared during either entrance. This was an issue in 2K14, although the generic matchup screens/nameplates worked with custom arenas.

Note that in exhibition play, this does not occur. Nameplates and location information display properly during exhibition matches.

Rather annoying as it renders created arenas nearly useless (for me) without the nameplate for entrances. A small detail, yes, but it takes away from the experience. Will contine to play with it and see what can be done.

Edit: Stupid, sloppy coding. I tried using the RAW '02 Arena with the current RAW matchup screen...and got the nameplate for RAW '02. So each of the "official" arenas have their own nameplates that will work in Universe, but for created Arenas the nameplate you choose only works in exhibition - it's not active for Universe.

You see that as a bug, I see it as a blessing... least you can create custom arenas & shows... and rather than wrestlers coming out to WWE logos plastered on the screen you can immerse yourself more in your own brand.

I hated that there was No WCW Nitro Nameplate in 13, 14, or now 15

How weird that you'd have the same old bug since this is a brand new engine.

I think he mean 360/ps3 versions... Not a new game engine.

You see that as a bug, I see it as a blessing... least you can create custom arenas & shows... and rather than wrestlers coming out to WWE logos plastered on the screen you can immerse yourself more in your own brand.

I hated that there was No WCW Nitro Nameplate in 13, 14, or now 15

How weird that you'd have the same old bug since this is a brand new engine.

I think he mean 360/ps3 versions... Not a new game engine.

Hmmm...you raise a good point there. I think since the creation suite was so stripped down, it narrowed my focus. Thanks for that!

Archived