An explanation for the 'scrapped modes' that makes sense

Shogun

People are saying that the caw diva thing being removed is only for the "Diva Fans" but my gf plays WWE Games, she likes to create herself and a bunch of other divas and play through universe mode. How would you all react if 2K said that there will be no male caw only diva caws?

It's not just about diva fans it's also about female players of WWE Games who now can't create themselves

People are saying that the caw diva thing being removed is only for the "Diva Fans" but my gf plays WWE Games, she likes to create herself and a bunch of other divas and play through universe mode. How would you all react if 2K said that there will be no male caw only diva caws?

It's not just about diva fans it's also about female players of WWE Games who now can't create themselves

There's that word again..

What? The did remove it, even if the removal of the mode was unnecessary, just like the way they removed CAF, and the way they removed story designer. I tell ya, if they keep removing things, the anger from the fans about the removals is going to get worse and worse, especially if they kept quiet about the removals like they did when they removed stuff this year. :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? The did remove it, even if the removal of the mode was unnecessary, just like the way they removed CAF, and the way they removed story designer. I tell ya, if they keep removing things, the anger from the fans about the removals is going to get worse and worse, especially if they kept quiet about the removals like they did when they removed stuff this year. :lol:

He likes to say nothing was removed since it was never in the PS4 version which is a load of crap imo. It was removed because it was in the previous game in the series and it no longer is thus "remove" is the perfect word to use.

He likes to say nothing was removed since it was never in the PS4 version which is a load of crap imo. It was removed because it was in the previous game in the series and it no longer is thus "remove" is the perfect word to use.

The series has never been on a Ps4 or XboxOne before. They're effectively "resetting" the series and starting over - so nothing was ever safe.

its still the same engine apart from a couple of additions

Correction: It's a new engine based upon the old one.

so a modified old one

Nope. The old one no longer exists. Instead they built a new one based upon the old one. Kinda like how new cars are based upon old ones. This new one will have a lot less of the glitches we've come to know & hate over the years.

You're far too optimistic. Everything I've seen pretty much entails it looks and functions very much the same, albeit a lot slower. There's already been numerous clipping and animation issues shown in some of the videos of the game.

Yeah, it's tweaked slightly, but by no means will it be glitch-free and a perfect, seamless wrestling engine. It's safe to assume it's practically the same game mechanically with some new tweaks.

I'll give them a pass on the rest of the exclusions, but no diva caws is inexcusable because women's wrestling for WWE has been a lot bigger over the past few years and there's already solid diva roster in the game to work with. This is the first game in the series to not allow the use of created female wrestlers. Wrestling isn't just for men, and I hope they understand that.

Is there a specific name for "White Knights" for this game?

Oh come on... They're actually changing stuff.. We can't get 10/10 incredibleness with all modes being in and amazing. Just be happy that for once, the game has taken a step in a different direction and implemented stuff people have been asking for in terms of a rags to bitches careermode, imported logos, editing of superstars.

Why aren't you complaining the fact that the series "used to" have you putting stone colds body on trish stratus' torso?

"It was in last year" is not an automatic stamp of awesomeness and approval. If you want a bad rehash of last years dindins, go get it for ps3 or xbox 360.

They rehashed last year on last gen and it bombed (deservedly so), let them go off track for once. Jesus christ, FIFA has taken greater strides in terms of core gameplay compared to what THQ did with the license.

i believe the real issue at hand is everyone here would not have been so upset if 2K had of told us that they were scrapping (because 'removed' has now become a dirty word here now) features/modes weeks to months ago instead of waiting a week before the game(new gen) comes out.

I know all about the constraints of their shortened dev cycle, but no matter how hard you try you can't explain away misogynistic game design. Like it or not omitting female caws was epically stupid and sexist and they will take a pounding on social media and from games press for their foolishness and they deserve every bit of that criticism.

It's not removed. It's a new Engine, new console, new developers. The started from scratch, the only things they could keep were the animations because they were done with MoCapping. They literally made a brand new game in 18months.

Completely reinvented game. New Physics, new style of gameplay, new technology, new AI, new Control Scheme, new mini-games.

They added MyCareer, Logo Importing. They completely remade CAW mode to allow the CAWs to have a similar resolution to the ingame roster.

Full face and gear scanning for the roster as well. All using an unrefined Engine meaning less disk space while they learn to compress the files.

CAF, Diva's, Story Designer and Create-an-Arena didn't make the cut.

Out of those Story Designer was probably the smallest loss. I know a fair few of people may use it on here, but remember we're in the minority of gamers here. My guess is that the every day fan doesn't use it.

Create-a-Finisher is a bit of a lose, I'll admit, but how many of them actually looked good, they've always looked clunky is previous editions, and given 2K's MO of wanting this to be a highly polished game why would they spend valuable time adding a feature that negates that, takes up time to build when they only had 18months to make an entire game?

I'll miss Create an Arena, I personally used it for an Online League, and liked downloading retro and Indy/Foreign arenas, but it wasn't touched last year due to it not working. So I'm already OK with it not being in because it won't be a missed from 2K14 where it was nearly unusable.

No Create a Diva sucks, again for my Online League, but it won't stop me from getting the game. I'd of got maybe 7 Diva Caw's total, and used maybe 3 of them. Again I can understand why people aren't happy with it, I'm one of them, but I do get why it wouldn't be prioritized. While WWE's official stance is that it's a family company it's biggest demographic is 18-40...something Males, which is also the biggest Video Game market. Pro Wrestling has at least a 90/10 Male to Female split, worker wise. And Male wrestlers will always get top billing unless it's an all woman company, apart from maybe in the Indy's where there's an incredibly talented woman, like Candice in PWG, or Madison Eagles in PWA. But even then WWE won't allow Male on Female violence in their games.

So it's only common sense to prioritize the Create-A-Superstar over Diva's, and I don't think anyone can dispute that rationally. Now considering that we don't know memory wise how much space Create-A-Superstar takes, or any other feature for that matter. But let's assume the Create-a-Diva formula takes the same as the Create-a-Superstar(different body shapes, so will be extra coding), and probably different options for a Superstar and a Diva. Now given that they've already had to not include so much, they'd have to make a judgement call on what to not include in the game.

MyCareer(2K Staple), Showcases(a staple in WWE games, and 2K also have something similar in NBA), Universe mode, Logo Import(Huge deal, and probably faced a bigger backlash not including that than Divas), Create-a-Superstar, Create-a-Diva, CAF, CAA, CAC, Storyline.

MyCareer is already in, and so is Create a Superstar, they're the biggest two. Then Showcases are a big deal too so that's probably third, and Logo Import fourth and probably takes up the least space out of all of them. So to me, it's an easy choice to not add CAC, CAF and Storyline Designer, and as for Create-a-Diva there just isn't the room for it on the disc, unfortunately. Not until they have time to compress properly, and delaying the game isn't an option because they have commitment's to WWE.

I know all about the constraints of their shortened dev cycle, but no matter how hard you try you can't explain away misogynistic game design. Like it or not omitting female caws was epically stupid and sexist and they will take a pounding on social media and from games press for their foolishness and they deserve every bit of that criticism.

What? There's nothing sexist about it.. Is it sexist for FIFA not to feature the womens leagues?

I suppose you'd like it better if the divas were still featured, and we'd be able to slap them around using HHH or Stone Cold like we used to? I mean, obviously it should be brought back, cause it used to be in the games, right? Isn't that what everyone wants?

I'm still getting the game and excited for it though I can see why people are upset. No matter how I add it up though the divas thing just doesn't sit well with me. The loss of them isn't very damaging to me but I know there are some huge diva fans who are absolutely heated.

For me I LOVED to play the stories made by the community. I spent more time in that mode than any other believe it or not...even more than universe. Losing it was a big deal but I can get the game and hopefully have fun.

I think that by delaying the game 2K has kind of backed themselves into a corner. Next week is one of the biggest game release weeks of the year.

NO company wants this kind of reaction going into said week with such stiff competition.

I think that the focus right now is only on the bad since there isn't much else to compare it to. Since the embargoes are up on Friday hopefully the Youtube community and others will have more positive info that will be shown about the game. If not I just can't see the game doing so well against the games coming out that day.

I think that the lack of info is bad by 2K and in this part they should get all the criticism and anger that is coming their way. I mean it's as simple as combating the bad news with something good. Release some real gameplay videos or talk about what has been updated or changed. Something lol. This close to release there is no reason the top topics on your own forums are all about how terrible your game is lol, Do some damage control.

As i said I'm still looking forward to the game and hopefully Friday will put some solid info out there. I really hope that there are surprises and good news that will come out. Let's hope all who were invited to the most recent 2K event can share some good news...especially if 2K doesn't release any further details or info this week.

I've already posted this in another topic but it seems that everybody is too worked up on the 'loss' of Create An Arena, Create A CAW (Diva), Create A Belt and Create An Entrance (Advanced). No one will listen to an explanation but hopefully this topic will open some eyes, I'm no game developer but I want you to hear me out;

Wait, what? I didn't see anything in the dev diary about CAE Advanced being gone, where was this confirmed?

Pushing forward when it exludes half the population isn't a very good step forward.

What? Are you talking about the no diva mode?

Diva fans and creators take up a fraction of the entire consumerbase. It's not 50/50.

Create a Diva is only "A MUST HAVE MODE" if you give 2 shits about the Divas division, which I'm waging that more people don't than do. 2k realise this and don't include it.

Female soccer exists, but we don't have their leagues in FIFA - no one cares except fans of female soccer, and they're a fraction of the fanbase.. UFC included females in the roster but didn't allow creation, didn't see people tossing shit and salad everywhere - cause no one really seems to care compared to the male side of things.

Create-A-Diva was never a "must have" mode.. The Divas division isn't even 15 people ingame, I see why they decided to scrap a mode that's only useful for a fraction of the roster, as we can't have cross-gender matches anymore.

You are aware that most people that do create diva CAWs create more for the reason of creating girls outside the WWE or from the past. They create knockouts, past divas, indy girls. They don't have to care about the current divas division. I highly doubt your idiotic reasoning is the reason for the mode being excluded.

I've been with this series of games since 2000. I've seen stuff like this happen before time and time again (game modes, gameplay elements, and creation options getting scrapped), and I'm here to let you know there is a very good chance that some of these creation options are never coming back. They'll probably bring back create-a-diva, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we never see custom championship, custom arena, or advanced entrance creation ever again. I'm almost sure that CAF and Story Designer are gone for good. You can talk all you want about them only having one year and quality vs quantity and it'll be better next year and a brighter tomorrow and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... at the end of the day, I've seen this song and dance before. So excuse me if I'm cynical.

What? There's nothing sexist about it.. Is it sexist for FIFA not to feature the womens leagues?

I suppose you'd like it better if the divas were still featured, and we'd be able to slap them around using HHH or Stone Cold like we used to? I mean, obviously it should be brought back, cause it used to be in the games, right? Isn't that what everyone wants?

You're right. People forget this is a WWE game, not a rasslin game. That's why I find it appalling that they have not removed blood, chairshots to the head, and the ability to throw your opponent off of the top of the cell yet. Just like diva vs. superstar matches, these things are all barbaric, offensive, and not true to the current WWE product. They should all be removed immediately. I also think they should moderate community creations better and remove any non-WWE related content that is uploaded. For example, if you create Kurt Angle, you should be banned forever because he is not currently under contract to WWE. Being blessed with the wonderful create a superstar feature is not just some free pass to make whatever ridiculous thing you want. I don't know why anyone would ever want to make a female CAW. It's almost like people enjoy the games for different reasons. Besides, WWE is a real, competitive sport like football, and you can't play as ladies in a football game.

People don't seem to want to realize that. It's not a brand new engine, parts of it are new, but it's pretty damn clear that its foundation is the same

No. it is a brand new engine built based off the old one, The same way Dark Souls 2 and Skyrim did it. The old engine was so heavily modified and so damn old, trying to strengthen it further could've caused a damn temporal flux, and I am NOT getting caught in a black hole for eternity so that 2K can skim a bit of work off their lineup.

That analogy was awesome. :lol:

....you do realize Skyrim was still using Gamebryo right?

People keep using Skyrim as an example not realizing (apparently) that Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Skyrim were all different versions of Gamebryo. I don't know if people don't realize that, or are just using the phrase "brand new" without really thinking about what it means.

Well it is not like diva fans are completely boycotting the game bcuz of the exclusion of Create a diva. There might still be people who would get the game and play as superstars and create superstars. But what 2K needs to understand is that they could have hinted on not including custom divas earlier. At least that way people would respect them for being honest from the beginning. It is understandable for these modes not being in but an earlier news would not have put 2K in a bad position among the fans.

I know half the people don't care about divas but I didn't care about the story designer or CAA or CAC too and I'm kinda bummed they are not in. Just because someone doesn't use a game feature is not the right justification for it being okay to be removed.

Pushing forward when it exludes half the population isn't a very good step forward.

What? Are you talking about the no diva mode?

Diva fans and creators take up a fraction of the entire consumerbase. It's not 50/50.

Create a Diva is only "A MUST HAVE MODE" if you give 2 shits about the Divas division, which I'm waging that more people don't than do. 2k realise this and don't include it.

Female soccer exists, but we don't have their leagues in FIFA - no one cares except fans of female soccer, and they're a fraction of the fanbase.. UFC included females in the roster but didn't allow creation, didn't see people tossing shit and salad everywhere - cause no one really seems to care compared to the male side of things.

Create-A-Diva was never a "must have" mode.. The Divas division isn't even 15 people ingame, I see why they decided to scrap a mode that's only useful for a fraction of the roster, as we can't have cross-gender matches anymore.

Diva fans have increased over the past years.This isnt 2008 anymore,there is a lot more ppl who play with divas,heck there is a lot more female gamers nowdays then it was 2-3 years ago.Even though its not 50/50 (more like 60/40 for the ppl who play with superstar exclusively opposed the diva centered ones).

Fine.The proper term for it is "scraped",now will you let it go already.

Is there a specific name for "White Knights" for this game?

Depends. Is there a specific name for "people who can't see the future of this series" for this game? The "yesterday" under THQ and the "today" with no creation suite may be shitty, but the "tomorrow" is bright as hell IMO.

People dont say the future isnt bright,we know that it will get better in the future (hopefully) but you are jumping a shark for a couple of years.What ppl care about is now,not what we will get in a year or 3.The "tomorrow" is a long way down the road,and frankly ppl are right to refuse to pay 60-90$ for something that will come in the future,which,may i add,wont be free when it gets here.

This would be plausible if Marcus or someone at 2K can vouch and just say it exactly how OP stated it.

As a big fan of Forza, this same thing happened with Forza 5. The first "next-gen" launch title for Xbox One.

You know who said this? Dan Greenawalt (creative director), and I understood it and saw it.

He said he wanted a certain quality, which meant rebuilding everything from scratch, which I appreciated. For people paying $500 for a next-gen system, I certainly did not want any ported over assets in this case and agreed with his approach.

With this, you got the same ole replies just like here, Forza 4 had more cars/tracks, looked good enough, etc.

Some called B.S. on the whole rebuild over ported over with more polys. Why this, why that.

If someone high up at 2K would just state some message explaining everything outside everyone here wondering, it could be squashed and the community can "understand". If this is "building the base" for next-gen, then the hard work being done now means the more things will return in later iterations of this series along with new stuff. One can look forward things down the line.

On a side note, I've seen vids of Sting/Hogan matches with WCW rings, didn't know Create-a-Ring was out, which is a bummer but now it makes more sense with OP mentioning the smaller ring and making things work with the new build.

No excuse with the explanation given,they could have simply polished 2k14 with nextgen graphics and all new animations and new omg moments and gave us that while they worked on the brand new additions for another year that way we would have gotten a complete and amazing game for 2k16 not this incomplete game were getting lol

And as far as forza goes?we got redemption with horizon 2 that game came out amazing makes up for how lack luster 5 is.

All the talk of new engine does not excuse the absolute gutting of last gen versions. It was actually MORE WORK for them to go in and cut-out modes and features than it was to just leave them in there, depreciated, and release a "2k14.5" game. There is no reason for this 'half a game' to exist.

Onto the new gen... The game isn't ready! All Marcus keeps saying, touting the company line like a good puppet, is that it's a transition year blah blah blah. No, it's not. You've had 1.5 years to get to grips with your new engine, plan what was needed, make sure to cover all your bases etc. I'm sorry, but look at the name of this forum, look on YouTube at CAW Shows, or Twitch to see efeds that have sprung-up around this series' create modes. You can't tell us that there wasn't time make sure we could create Diva CAWs before the game released, after already slapping us in the face with the 25 caw total. More like it wasn't important to 2K, but they found a way to shoehorn their in-game Virtual Currency into MyCareer mode, setting the foundation for later real-money micro-transactions if they wish. They found a way to have a 'Season Pass' not include all the pieces of DLC that are available, shady practices once again. Maybe instead of releasing this half baked game on PS4/XBO they should have skipped this year and continued working on it until next year, when the create modes could be included, and the game could truely makes a good impression. There is no reason for this 'half a game' to exist.

^^

I'm gonna go and guess that they didn't want to give people a reason to favor the Last Gen version over the current gen One, as terrible as that sounds.

That move might come back to haunt them though, cause they might have made a better profit if that was the case

If that's the reason, it makes them absolute dumbasses. There's enough hatred for 'parity' going on at the moment, weather it's the XBO versions dragging PS4 versions down (Assassin's Creed ''Parity''), or it's cross-gen titles holding-back the next gen titles. Can you be any more clueless in today's gaming landscape?

All the talk of new engine does not excuse the absolute gutting of last gen versions. It was actually MORE WORK for them to go in and cut-out modes and features than it was to just leave them in there, depreciated, and release a "2k14.5" game. There is no reason for this 'half a game' to exist.

Onto the new gen... The game isn't ready! All Marcus keeps saying, touting the company line like a good puppet, is that it's a transition year blah blah blah. No, it's not. You've had 1.5 years to get to grips with your new engine, plan what was needed, make sure to cover all your bases etc. I'm sorry, but look at the name of this forum, look on YouTube at CAW Shows, or Twitch to see efeds that have sprung-up around this series' create modes. You can't tell us that there wasn't time make sure we could create Diva CAWs before the game released, after already slapping us in the face with the 25 caw total. More like it wasn't important to 2K, but they found a way to shoehorn their in-game Virtual Currency into MyCareer mode, setting the foundation for later real-money micro-transactions if they wish. They found a way to have a 'Season Pass' not include all the pieces of DLC that are available, shady practices once again. Maybe instead of releasing this half baked game on PS4/XBO they should have skipped this year and continued working on it until next year, when the create modes could be included, and the game could truely makes a good impression. There is no reason for this 'half a game' to exist.

This actually worries me as I stated in another post. If they turn this series into NBA2K, this will be the end. But looking at NBA2K14's ridiculous jewelry DLC, NBA2K15 has VC DLC currently, imagine them doing that for CAW parts. Again, not saying it will happen, but if people really stuck to their guns, it wouldn't return. It returns in that series means people actually used it. So who's the blame then?

Archived