Star Wars Discussion

Jmerc

He's non-canon until he is shown and/or directly mentioned. Similar to how Darth Zannah (Bane's apprentice) isn't canon as of now even though Darth Bane has been shown in TCW.

And for the question about Revan. He's a total mary sue. He is a great lightsaber duelist, he has been called the 'Heart of the Force', is extremely powerful in the force. And not only that, he has mastered the Light Side and the Dark Side and can use them all together. Not only that, he is a master strategist and tactician, and extremely charismatic. He is so good that even the Mandalorians (who are known to hate force users a lot) love him.

Pretty much he was the best at everything. And his story in TOR was ridiculous combined with the above items.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has to be OP because he's a game character. :lol: The games would be no fun if you had limitations and weaknesses like that. If they were to write him into a show or movie I think they'd handle him with more tact.

What a weird hate.

They're just playground bullshit. You can tell because they come with a list of rules such as the force not working on them.

Ew, really? What was the point in introducing them to Star Wars then? Lmao.

Naw, it'd be fun. I mean, seeing Luke go Light Side Super Saiyan would be something to see, especially given the tech we have today. And instead of having somewhat of an easy challenge, we can see the new Jedi Order struggling to deal with the battle-crazy Vong that doesn't have the Force near them, and the Skywalker and Solo families dealing with losses and gains.

Or, at least Thrawn and Hand of Thrawn trilogies would have been great. Problem would probably be getting an actor to portray Luke years after the death of Vader, since Mark would be too old. Mara Jade would probably be another Han Solo with a darker past, but she would also appeal to feminists and the weird lefties, so there's that too.

Even if any of them were made, they wouldn't be close to resembling the books anyway. I can't see Luke going ultra light side anymore, not after what has happened in the movies. If he doesn't turn further toward the dark side, I can see Luke living out the remainder of his days as a mopey emo who trains Rey and picks up the pieces of his fallen Order.

There will probably not be a Mara Jade on the big screen. Thrawn maybe, because he is canon.

If we still stuck to the books, he still could have. He even became a Sith apprentice for a while and was legit on the Dark Side until he was saved, and that was years before he and his nephew became the living embodiment of the Light Side of the Force. Though, while I don't want Luke to become a villain, I certainly wouldn't mind him becoming more and more ambiguous.

I dunno, maybe there might be, given what happened in the last movie.

She is considered to be a female version of Han, and Han was one of the reasons why Star Wars became so popular.

But seeing Thrawn would be pretty cool, if they keep his intellect.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard that some theaters are actually refusing to show Last Jedi, because Disney is making crazy demands for how much of the box office they get or something. Sad thing is, you know people will give the theaters shit for not showing it...which will ultimately lead to theaters feeling forced to show future movies at a loss. This is how smaller theaters end up closing, tbh.

Heard that some theaters are actually refusing to show Last Jedi, because Disney is making crazy demands for how much of the box office they get or something. Sad thing is, you know people will give the theaters shit for not showing it...which will ultimately lead to theaters feeling forced to show future movies at a loss. This is how smaller theaters end up closing, tbh.

I work in a cinema over here in the UK and Disney are by far the worst film distributor we have to deal with. In the US weren't they demanding something like 60-70% of all ticket sales for Last Jedi? As well as making Cinemas show the movie in their largest screens for upto 4 weeks, which kills all other competition over the holiday period. Really is disgusting but there's very little that can be done because Disney hold a monopoly when it comes to their big franchises. Sadly that's also why concessions at the cinema cost as much as they do and continue to rise in price in order for these places to make a profit.

Ugh, Disney's annoying.

But I'm so excited for The Last Jedi, too much suspense in learning more about Rey and seeing what she'll be able to do once she improves being able to control the Force. If the series wasn't hampered by technological and stunt limitations, we probably would have seen more impressive duels, especially from Luke. Assuming that he would be agile enough, that is.

Archived