• Please log in to reply
1515 replies to this topic

#41 Lyriqz ✪

Lyriqz ✪

We Appreciate Power.

• Members
  • 28,331 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

Still *censored*ing stupid and not needed. Should have kept light sabers same.

There's a light saber whip and all that shit in the Star Wars universe, so yeah.

#42 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,540 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:20 PM

Still *censored*ing stupid and not needed. Should have kept light sabers same.

There's a light saber whip and all that shit in the Star Wars universe, so yeah.

I think expanding on lightsabers is a good idea IMO. Its cool to see what they come up with.

Plus a saver with a handguard really makes sense.

#43 classiq.

classiq.

The E-S-T of C-A-Dubs

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Homebwoi

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:38 AM

P9ibFgA.jpg

#44 Mr.Dreadful

Mr.Dreadful

Legend

• Members
  • 9,345 posts
  • Gamertag: XB1- Dukesfan77
  • SEN (PS3): PS4- randomCanadian77

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

so i guess people are having a hissy fit that there is a 'black' Stormtrooper. OH NO'S  :o   LOCK YOUR DOORS AND HIDE. :nerves: THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END! pffffff :facepalm:  GTFO!

oh my god, check these light saber memes. :lol:

http://mashable.com/...ghtsaber-memes/

Edited by GeneralLee, 01 December 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#45 Faster Than Light

Faster Than Light

Manners Maketh Man

• V.I.P
  • 17,186 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

Why the *Censored* are people having a hissyfit about a Stormtrooper being black?

Edited by #Ipse, 01 December 2014 - 01:30 AM.

#46 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:20 AM

I've actually kind of been surprised by the amount of negativity surrounding that too. Like it hasn't been a lot, but more than I expected. Did people forget about Lando and Mace Windu or something?

#47 Bronson

Bronson

I Make Good Wrestle

• Members
  • 11,174 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:46 AM

Maybe they're just super into the prequel lore and are upset that a trooper isn't a Jango Fett clone

#48 Mr.Dreadful

Mr.Dreadful

Legend

• Members
  • 9,345 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:21 AM

for all we know there was probably a hell of a lot more black ST's in the original trilogy. we just didn't see them cause they never removed their helmets. people need to shut their pieholes

Edited by GeneralLee, 01 December 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#49 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:41 AM

Maybe they're just super into the prequel lore and are upset that a trooper isn't a Jango Fett clone

But the stormtroopers never were clones. I mean few were, but for the most part Storm troopers were recruits from all over the galaxy. That's why they don't all have that shitty accent in the original trilogy.

#50 Lyriqz ✪

Lyriqz ✪

We Appreciate Power.

• Members
  • 28,331 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:48 AM

I still don't see how the sidelaser things make sense. Like, I'm cool with new designs but srsly wat

#51 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,540 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

But the stormtroopers never were clones. I mean few were, but for the most part Storm troopers were recruits from all over the galaxy. That's why they don't all have that shitty accent in the original trilogy.

Is that true? I thought they were just all Jango Fett clones. I like the idea that there are a few clones left. What happened to most of them? Did they all get killed?

#52 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

Is that true? I thought they were just all Jango Fett clones. I like the idea that there are a few clones left. What happened to most of them? Did they all get killed?

Yeah, I believe that Vader's 501st legion of troops were all originally clones or something. I think they just quit cloning after the clone wars or something. I don't know the full explanation I just know Stormtroopers aren't clones for the most part.

#53 .Sy™

.Sy™

Yarbles

• Banned
  • 11,226 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

I think people are pissed because stormtroopers belong to the dark side and a black actor plays one. I don't know, maybe they don't want black actors to play villains or some shit like that. Either way, it makes no sense whatsoever and the whole thing's insanely retarded.

Anyway, back to the new lightsaber:

Immediately, speculation began about the possible wisdom or stupidity of this design. Here at The Verge, we fell roughly into two camps. On one side, there are those who say this is terrible design. Their argument is as follows:

1. You're going to chop your hand off.
  2. It doesn’t even protect you, because the laser-hilt isn’t flush with the blade, so if a lightsaber slides down you'll just get a cut hand and a broken lightsaber.

To which the other side responded:

1. It solves a big lightsaber design problem, which is blades sliding down and cutting your hand off.
  2. Bonus: You can jab opponents with the laser hilt.

The big question, in my opinion, is whether lightsaber blades can even slide. I don’t recall a time in the original three movies when blades slid. Opponents would cross blades, which seemed to stick together and make that crackling sound, and then push apart again. I assumed there was some sort of electrical force that locked blades together when they touch.

But Russell Brandom points out that there seems to be case of sliding here at 1:08 in the Anakin / Obi Wan / Yoda / Count Dooku fight, and that a crossguard could’ve helped. I'm not so sure.

The best explanation I’ve heard comes from the commenter squiz, who points out that the crossbar beams look unfocused and that maybe this guy is an old Sith "reawakened," and that he has an early model lightsaber. This seems plausible! But then the question is: did people realize the crossbar makes no sense? Did lightsabers get stickier at some point, making the crossbar useless? Is the crossbar a good idea or a dumb one?

#54 Aqfitz

Aqfitz

The Guru of Creativity

• Members
  • 8,873 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Aqfitz
  • Twitter: @aqfitz

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

Why can't the hilt guard just be made from what Vibroblades are made from. They can withstand a Saber strike and don't serve any risk to the wielder

#55 drive slow

drive slow

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:33 AM

Can't believe people are actually hating on the black Storm Trooper. How pathetic :lol:

#56 Mr.Dreadful

Mr.Dreadful

Legend

• Members
  • 9,345 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

and now the teaser trailer in LEGO form :lol:

#57 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,570 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

See, if we knew absolutely that the black stormtrooper was a part of the 501st, THEN I could kind of see why people would be mad, but really, its just a bunch of assholes bitching for the sake of bitching.

#58 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

The 501st would mostly likely all be dead by this point seeing as clones age more rapidly than normal humans and this is almost 50 years after the Clone Wars. They'd either be dead or like extremely old. Not to mention Darth Vader's dead too so I'm not sure what their purpose would be.

#59 Creepia

Creepia

WARDANCE.

• Members
  • 42,540 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

We're 50 years after the Clone Wars? That seems like a hell of a lot of time, but then when you think of how old Kenobi was in Episode 4 and how old Luke will probably be now.

#60 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

A New Hope takes place 19 years after Revenge of the Sith, which is the end of the Clone Wars. Return of the Jedi takes places four years after a New Hope. Force Awakens is confimed to take place exactly 30 years after Return of the Jedi. So this movie takes place precisely 53 years after the Clone Wars.

I've always felt that Obi Wan aged pretty horribly in that 19 year span.