#561 Creep.

Creep.

Big Red

• Members
  • 28,696 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

I like the choice of red for the logo. I believe when Return of The Jedi was called Revenge of The Jedi it was red? Someone more knowledgable can correct or confirm, but I believe so.

#562 Vibe

Vibe

#TeamBlue

• Global Moderator
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

I like the choice of red for the logo. I believe when Return of The Jedi was called Revenge of The Jedi it was red? Someone more knowledgable can correct or confirm, but I believe so.

Yep that's correct.

#563 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,560 posts
  • SEN (PS3): N3GAT1VE_CR33P (PS4)
  • Steam ID: n3gativecr33p
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

I'll say one thing about 'Revenge of the Jedi'... it makes me wish I kept all of those toys in their packaging when I was younger, they're probably worth a small fortune now.

#564 classiq.

classiq.

Basic Huganomics

• Members
  • 18,958 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Homebwoi

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:42 PM

More: http://geektyrant.co...campaign=buffer

#565 Generations

Generations

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 74,613 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

I always hear people complaining about the ease at which Rey learned to use the force. But it makes perfect sense to me. After all...I think we could assume that whatever genes dictate one's capacity for mastering the force, would be passed on through the different generations of birth. And we don't know who her parents are yet...but she's obviously part of a later generation regardless. So, it would seem to reason to me...that she would have evolved at a more rapid rate than her predecessors, and could learn to use the force much more organically than anyone before her. Just saying...also, it could be like people lifting cars while high on adrenaline and stuff. She was thrown into a life or death situation and forced to pull out everything that she had. So, yeah...I don't know why people have a problem with it. Obviously she's still far from being a master or anything...she just learned the basics really quickly. 

Just a random statement on the matter. 

Edited by Generations, 16 February 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#566 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

I really get the Mary Sue comments about her character. I think it's a very legitimate complaint on the character. It doesn't personally bother me much because I think they at the very least made her character likable, but I understand people having an issue with the way she was written. Because I objectively think it's not a very interesting way of writing a character. People will attempt dispute the Mary Sue argument with all this speculation of her past and what not. They'll argue that it makes sense that she's able to do almost everything right at any given moment. Which is true but that doesn't change a character from being a Mary Sue. A Mary Sue is a flaw in the narrative, not a flaw in the logic of story.

#567 Kirky

Kirky

Always.

• Members
  • 9,156 posts
  • SEN (PS3): kirky360
  • Steam ID: Xander217

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

YCHufz0.png

#568 Gamevolt

Gamevolt

Legend

• Members
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

#569 M3J

M3J

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 49,725 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:24 AM

HARVsZb.jpg

Would also be possible that Luke steps down as a Jedi, which would make Rey the last Jedi if she chose to be. Or it could be honor of Luke being the last Jedi for a long time. 

I don't mind Rey learning to use the Force to a degree, honestly. I mean, didn't Luke spend few hours, if not days, learning about the Force with Ben when he was able to use the Force to get his lightsaber? At least Rey had some experience when she resisted Kylo's mind reading ability and threw it back on him. She also gave in to the Force completely when she fought Kylo, and I always assumed being that relaxed allowed the Force to be more clear and helpful. 

#570 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:05 AM

I just assume it meant that Rey isn't technically a Jedi yet and goes to Luke, the last Jedi, to be trained.

#571 Kirky

Kirky

Always.

• Members
  • 9,156 posts
  • SEN (PS3): kirky360
  • Steam ID: Xander217

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

She also gave in to the Force completely when she fought Kylo, and I always assumed being that relaxed allowed the Force to be more clear and helpful. 

Yeah maybe. Was still bs though.

#572 Creep.

Creep.

Big Red

• Members
  • 28,696 posts
  • SEN (PS3): CreepingHD
  • Twitter: CochiseJak

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

They've confirmed that the Last Jedi is plural. Jedi can mean multiple.

#573 M3J

M3J

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 49,725 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

She also gave in to the Force completely when she fought Kylo, and I always assumed being that relaxed allowed the Force to be more clear and helpful. 

Yeah maybe. Was still bs though.

Yeah, the way she was able to beat Kylo, even though he was injured, wasn't that good. I mean, even Luke with some training lost to Vader, but he didn't give in to the Force the way Rey did, and all. 

Now, I'm beginning to wonder how Luke would have fared if he did let the Force flow through him completely and was relaxed, or if Kylo was able to throw objects the way Vader did. 

I just assume it meant that Rey isn't technically a Jedi yet and goes to Luke, the last Jedi, to be trained.

Would be a twist if the last Jedi was actually Kylo turning back to the good side, like his grandfather, but without dying. Rey doesn't want to be a Jedi, and Luke either dies or "retires."