The Straw that broke the camel's back

TheAbyss24

I'm currently playing showcase (last gen) but for some reason, it looks and feels like 2k. The lighting is much better in the matches and it makes the graphics look better. So it's interesting, that there was 2 development teams working on the game.

The Campaign means squat, that would be like somebody saying "Defeat The Streak A.I really felt good" THQ/Yukes always made the campaign look good well everything else suffered.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't buy last year's. Won't buy this year's either, by the looks of it.

I'm 42 years old. I've been playing wrestling video games since Pro Wrestling on NES. I've come to accept that the WWE doesn't care to make the kind of game I want to buy. That's fine. I'll just hope that Pro Wrestling X or someone else makes something worthwhile some day. But this series has never met its promise and I don't think it ever will. Maybe New Japan's resurgence will continue to grow and they'll eventually be able to release another game series. One can only hope.

Fire Pro Sacriliege?

It's out on PS3 now.

I've got one roster of both current and legend WWE/WCW/TNA/Puro and another full of ROH/DG/whatever I want

Personally I'm more of a KOC2 guy, but I liked Fire Pro as well. But those games...as good as they were at what they did at the time, they're stale for me now. And I hate to think that the most advanced pro wrestling simulation (in terms of AI logic and match flow) we're ever going to get was released so long ago for long-dead systems. Sigh. But it is what it is.

Got the game yesterday on PS3. Honesty, it's WWE 2K14 with less characters and bugger all legends. It could actually be a roster update instead of a whole new game. To be frank, I've got every WWF/E game since 1991's WWF WrestleMania on Atari ST and I think this may be my WWE video game retirement. It's full of bugs, for the most part not enjoyable online, all the non roster pre-set entrances are gone, the roster is thin and crap AND outdated for a 'modern' roster. Anyway...my thoughts...

-The servers are laggy and even worse than 2K14. I don't have any lag or connection issues with Black Ops 2 and GTA V.

-The amount of new moves/taunts are pitiful. Most new characters have recycled taunts ie Festus, London, Kendrick, Cryme Tyme etc.

-The soundtrack is honey smoked arse and is brain-wrenchingly annoying after an hour or so. The song selection is small and the option of using entrance themes on menu screens is gone.

-Create a move and story, gone obviously.

-Hulk Hogan should be on disc. Highly irritating.

-The roster is utter crap.

I'm out.

-Same noobery online, Rock double punch, Triple H facebuster in corner (easier to reverse though) etc.

-The wrestlers all look awfully bug-eyed during ring entrances.

-

Got the game yesterday on PS3. Honesty, it's WWE 2K14 with less characters and bugger all legends. It could actually be a roster update instead of a whole new game. To be frank, I've got every WWF/E game since 1991's WWF WrestleMania on Atari ST and I think this may be my WWE video game retirement. It's full of bugs, for the most part not enjoyable online, all the non roster pre-set entrances are gone, the roster is thin and crap AND outdated for a 'modern' roster. Anyway...my thoughts...

-The servers are laggy and even worse than 2K14. I don't have any lag or connection issues with Black Ops 2 and GTA V.

-The amount of new moves/taunts are pitiful. Most new characters have recycled taunts ie Festus, London, Kendrick, Cryme Tyme etc.

-The soundtrack is honey smoked arse and is brain-wrenchingly annoying after an hour or so. The song selection is small and the option of using entrance themes on menu screens is gone.

-Create a move and story, gone obviously.

-Hulk Hogan should be on disc. Highly irritating.

-The roster is utter crap.

I'm out.

-Same noobery online, Rock double punch, Triple H facebuster in corner (easier to reverse though) etc.

-The wrestlers all look awfully bug-eyed during ring entrances.

-

Archived