The Straw that broke the camel's back

TheAbyss24

You know, every year with THQ I was always like "Man, I'm not gonna buy the game this year. After what they pulled last year..." And then they would surprise me at the last minute with some kind of hook or gimmick to reel me back in. The roster for 2K14, for example.

I kept waiting for something similar this year, but instead I'm given more and more reasons not to buy the game. In the words of Angry Joe, "You done *censored*ed it up," 2K.

But you'll buy it anyway.

I don't know about everybody else, but I've ALREADY bought it...digital deluxe preorder is NON-refundable. And quite honestly, despite all the removals and caw limitations it appears we'll be suffering through, if the gameplay is up to snuff (and everything I've read from people who've actually played the current gen version says that it most definitely IS up to snuff) I expect I'll love the game for what it is and when I need a fix of what it isn't, I'll just pop 14 into the last gen box and love that one for awhile!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, every year with THQ I was always like "Man, I'm not gonna buy the game this year. After what they pulled last year..." And then they would surprise me at the last minute with some kind of hook or gimmick to reel me back in. The roster for 2K14, for example.

I kept waiting for something similar this year, but instead I'm given more and more reasons not to buy the game. In the words of Angry Joe, "You done *censored*ed it up," 2K.

I don't know about everybody else, but I've ALREADY bought it...digital deluxe preorder is NON-refundable. And quite honestly, despite all the removals and caw limitations it appears we'll be suffering through, if the gameplay is up to snuff (and everything I've read from people who've actually played the current gen version says that it most definitely IS up to snuff) I expect I'll love the game for what it is and when I need a fix of what it isn't, I'll just pop 14 into the last gen box and love that one for awhile!

After 15 years of buying Wrestling games, I can honestly say I have cancelled my pre-order for £75 and give this one a miss this year. I really think 2K have honestly dropped the ball, or just been lazy in promoting this years games. We didn't see all the roster, very little in game models and very little details annouced. I feel 2K have screwed over PS3/360 overs with the ommisions of key features that people would use, and I doubt the X-one/PS4 is any different.

I just picked up the game and I agree with IGN's review. Even caw and storyline modes has it's issues, I'm a little surprised 2k decided to leave it out. Gameplay and presentation is improved but 2k could've done more. Definitely not worth the full price, upgrade if you can or wait for a price drop.

I don't get how could they add the nxt feature to the next gen systems, and not have custom music, take out almost all the entry presets, create a finisher feature, your to be a newbie starting out in nxt, working your way up the ranks, how can your caw stand out when you come out to other superstars intros, and their music ? people think the features left out of xbox 360 and ps3 verisons will be in the next gen, yeah right, the real why they pushed back the next gen because they wanted to see what the reaction would be from the fans, I bet you right now their is panic at 2k HQ,

If I was the people who worked on this game even with yukes, I would be foreseeing a pink slip soon, WWE officials will be wanted heads of somebody, because they had to pay their superstars and staff to take time off the road to spend time on this game.

wwe been cutting back on their budget from the wwe network, if their games don't show profit when it's released on the next gen, the stock market for them will fall, their stock holders will lose money. WWE will be seeking somebody head or heads.

If wwe fans are not happy, wwe is not happy, means 2k should not be happy, if yuke *censored*s up on wwe2k16, time to let them go, and seek another game maker.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I would say it almost seems that 2K at some point wanted to get out of their deal with WWE. And they figured the best way would be to *Censored* over as many buyers as they could so that the game flopped and WE let them out of the deal.

Now before everyone decides to jump on my ass and tell me how stupid I am...realize that the above statement is 95% sarcasm. But I do love looking for a conspiracy though....

Speaking of, I'm very tempted to do an 'Angry Review' of WWE 2K15 myself...

Guess we'll see how the PS4 version shakes out.

WIN_20141027_095409_zps5fc6936d.jpg

Nono. This year everybody's serious about this

There will always be that number of people that make empty promises and buy the game anyway when everyone around them is having a good time, but I don't see the logic in generally lumping the few that actually won't into that group. It's a little stupid.

I'm not. Didn't have many options anyway, I don't have a PS4/XB1 and the PS3/360 versions seem like a waste compared to 2K14 (which I didn't buy either) or '13. My only real choice was the PC version which still has yet to be 100% confirmed, but from everything revealed thus far about the current-gen version it just hasn't seemed $60 interesting to me. And again, plenty of other games to play and buy instead of 2K15.. missing a year or two isn't going to kill anyone. lol

Not really. It's a legitimate question about a legitimate issue and he has posted after the question was asked. He is either choosing not to answer it or he doesn't know. Either way not a great indicator

Part of the job really, answer the easy questions and keep the product looking good. Avoid opportunities that can further jeopardize said product or put a negative light on it. Business is business, they have a marketing team for a reason.

It's just unfortunate the way he portrays himself compared to the way he behaves himself.

I'd really like this community to have the ear of the developers. A lot of people have good ideas to improve the series, but Stephenson seems to just be here for lip service. I'd rather have no one from THQ here rather than having someone here if he's not going to be doing anything.

From what I've heard 2k/Visual Concepts made WWE 2k15 on Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4 exclusively well they let Yukes take Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3 version; so yeah this is final proof that Yukes is and Was the issue. With that said, There is zero point of buying WWE 2k15 on Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3 for me since they removed Custom themes which after seeing gameplay, ect was the only reason for me buying the game pre-getting an Xbox One.

Plus. This never logically made sense to me, THQ did this countless times; do they honestly believe people will want to replay the campaign if they Lock certain things into it? Such as JR's Commentary/Howard Finkle Ring Announcing in 30 Years Of Wrestlemania or Casket Match/Three Stages Of Hell in 2k Showcase. There is a major flaw folks, IT WILL ALWAYS END THE EXACT SAME WAY; why replay something we know we have little control over?

...Not to mention:

Removing instead of improving:

- Story Design: Yeah this was a glitched mess that didn't get touched since 2010, but people don't like when you remove something.

- CAF: Okay, this was broken let's be honest. But, why remove it?

- Replay: This is an odd choice, specifically for both versions apparently.

- ALL Pre-Set Entrances outside of Phone Entrance: WHY! There is literally zero excuse for this.

I could only see a lot of this being removed due to 2k planning on updating everything involved next year.

Everything next year....yeah more like everything in the next seven years

Nothing wrong with that, not like adding everything all at once really improved the game. Working on too many things could damage the outcome, If 2k/Visual Concepts was to work on Gameplay, ect as they worked on everything on the side outside of the game. Like they did with Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4 then I believe it would be better then shoving everything in the game half- :censored: ed expecting people to wait for it to improve yearly.

It wasn't all added in the first year though, and you were the one who proposed they might add it all back in next year. They could, and should have in my opinion, just have kept those modes in without expanding them at all and put their focus into whatever they did this year. Instead they cut a bunch of stuff out.

How many times can they reintroduce the same thing as a New Feature?

It wasn't all added in the first year though, and you were the one who proposed they might add it all back in next year. They could, and should have in my opinion, just have kept those modes in without expanding them at all and put their focus into whatever they did this year. Instead they cut a bunch of stuff out.

How many times can they reintroduce the same thing as a New Feature?

'The Same Thing' would mean they didn't update or change anything. Usually when developers Re-Add something into the games they improve upon them, those modes could have caused issues within the games themselves thus letting them sit would just be stacking old code onto each other; rather then simple removing it and recoding it.

As I said, I think people are ignoring the fact that one version of the game was exclusively made by 2k/Visual Concepts and the other was made by Yukes alone.

Is that a fact?

I believe that is so. Visual Concepts stated they where focusing on Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4 exclusively due to the new facial recognition system, ect plus 2k stated they've been building the new game engine for Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4. Wouldn't surprise me if THQ's PlayStation Coded mess got left to the side for Yukes to deal with.

So you didn't read that it was Yukes anywhere? Just that 2K was focusing exclusively on next gen?

Yes, but logically since 2k did note that unlike WWE 2k14 it wouldn't be a partnership collaboration which Visual Concepts worked with Yukes after THQ gave them the nearly finished product. That it would make sense for 2k to let Yukes deal with what's left of the previous gen game and focus on the next gen exclusively with their team. What else would Yukes do if it was said not to be a partnership, yet they are still on board?

Just wondering why you said the current gen was made by Yukes alone a few minutes ago,

"As I said, I think people are ignoring the fact that one version of the game was exclusively made by 2k/Visual Concepts and the other was made by Yukes alone."

but are now saying logically it would make sense for Yukes to be involved.

"That it would make sense for 2k to let Yukes deal with what's left of the previous gen game and focus on the next gen exclusively with their team. What else would Yukes do if it was said not to be a partnership, yet they are still on board?"

Just wondering why you said the current gen was made by Yukes alone a few minutes ago,

"As I said, I think people are ignoring the fact that one version of the game was exclusively made by 2k/Visual Concepts and the other was made by Yukes alone."

but are now saying logically it would make sense for Yukes to be involved.

"That it would make sense for 2k to let Yukes deal with what's left of the previous gen game and focus on the next gen exclusively with their team. What else would Yukes do if it was said not to be a partnership, yet they are still on board?"

What I mean is 2k left Yukes to work on WWE 2k15 on Microsoft's Xbox 360/Sony's PlayStation 3 due to the fact that it's still the same coding as previous versions, well Visual Concepts worked exclusively on Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4 building everything from scratch.

Look at each version, it's clear which developer worked on which version.

Based on no evidence whatsoever beyond your perception.

I'm curious what role Yukes may have played, but you cannot treat your interpretation of the role they played as fact.

It's more Fact based on assumption and evidence. Look at the visual differences, ect of both versions, which feels like a 2k game and which feels like an updated Yukes THQ Game.

Archived