Feminist gaming critics (video)

⊗ Volrath ⊗

Attention: Turn caps on for english subtitles

Here's a video of a guy explaining how some video games are wrongfully labeled as sexist. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people feel offended by simple things that aren't meant for such porposes.

Educate yourself by watching this video if you are a feminist hypocrite.

This *Censored* doG, lmao.

This is such a tiresome subject though. Equal rights are good, fact. People are sexist, fact. Misandrist (and those who see benefit in being one) use the feminist banner to get an advantage in the world's media. Fact.

Big whoopdidoo, no one in the real world cares about the tumblr feminazis and elitist pricks who think they know what feminism is and isn't.

This *Censored* doG, lmao.

This is such a tiresome subject though. Equal rights are good, fact. People are sexist, fact. Misandrist (and those who see benefit in being one) use the feminist banner to get an advantage in the world's media. Fact.

Big whoopdidoo, no one in the real world cares about the tumblr feminazis and elitist pricks who think they know what feminism is and isn't.

Wait, so you came in here just to tell everyone not to even talk about this topic? What makes you the opinion police? That's ridiculous.

A lot of gamers take offense to being pointed out as men who hate women

I said this is a tiresome topic and that it's been beaten to death by the same arguments. From both sides. I didn't tell anyone what to do, don't put words in my mouth just because you may not appreciate my post.

Thing is, if you're an ignorant, sexist person, you most likely won't change all the sudden. You know why? Because perfect arguments are made a million times yet we still live in a sexist world. Discussion, at this point, is clearly not something that actually changes that mindset, so it's useless in an average, everyday context and I'm perfectly entitled to expressing that feeling. As far as people who know better are concerned... well... know better and act appropiate.

And gamers include both genders, so your last sentence is ridiculous. The gaming industry is mostly shallow, which means gender archetypes (muscular, physically imposing men and sandclock shaped women) are around a needless amount of times but that's not really sexism. It's objectifying people. That's not good either and the media shouldn't put pressure on people to look a certain way etc. but that's not a gender issue.

That being said, the only (not literally but a suffocating majority) people who actually report on how misogynistic the gaming world allegedly is are actual misandrists, people who want to push their content through by guilt-trapping people under the false banner of feminism and/or equalitism or click-bait presses who aren't worth a shit. And quite frankly, if you react so negatively to click bait (in lack of a better term) journalism... well, let's just say you can't be the brightest bulb if you're in that category.

This is doG, in case you guys didn't know..

Good to see he's still making videos.. Lost touch with him..

EDIT: Just watched it, and goddamn is he as sharp as ever. Does anyones still speak with him? I wanna get back in touch.

I talk to him on Facebook. If you want I can link you to his profile.

This is doG, in case you guys didn't know..

Good to see he's still making videos.. Lost touch with him..

EDIT: Just watched it, and goddamn is he as sharp as ever. Does anyones still speak with him? I wanna get back in touch.

I talk to him on Facebook. If you want I can link you to his profile.

Spoke to him last night after binge-watching all his videos.

Metal Gear Solid being my favorite franchise of all time, this modern day Feminist movement sickens me. When the character Quiet was revealed, everyone went ape shit. People were calling the game a degrading game to women and such, and I just thought to myself what bullshit that is. We have shirtless men running around in Alaska, hell a butt naked character running around doing cartwheels but ONE Female character who isn't even naked makes the whole Female gaming group go ape shit. And the reporters are acting like there wasn't even a single strong Female character. They label and pick apart at one character who we don't even know much as a character, and they branded the entire series as a game that degrades women. Some of the strongest characters in MGS were in fact women. But no, reporters just want to stir the shit pot, and make something so little, seem to be the biggest news of 2014, even if it's not even the full story.

Metal Gear Solid being my favorite franchise of all time, this modern day Feminist movement sickens me. When the character Quiet was revealed, everyone went ape shit. People were calling the game a degrading game to women and such, and I just thought to myself what bullshit that is. We have shirtless men running around in Alaska, hell a butt naked character running around doing cartwheels but ONE Female character who isn't even naked makes the whole Female gaming group go ape shit. And the reporters are acting like there wasn't even a single strong Female character. They label and pick apart at one character who we don't even know much as a character, and they branded the entire series as a game that degrades women. Some of the strongest characters in MGS were in fact women. But no, reporters just want to stir the shit pot, and make something so little, seem to be the biggest news of 2014, even if it's not even the full story.

Any time someone starts bitching about that in MGS, just point them at Boss in MGS 3. She was such a good character.

It's really easy to offend females when it comes to video games, unfortunately. Sometimes I wonder what they felt about the Saints Row series, especially with the way how you can 'doll' up the female characters.

This guy is on point though. Despite the language barrier, which he sounds either Dutch, Spanish or Portuguese (and yeah I had the subtitles on.....which actually worked), I enjoyed the video and added it to my favorites. I kinda disagreed a little bit when he used the romantic comedy example but I got where he was going with it.

And I read above me about people acting like a bunch of crybabies because a female reviewer on GameSpot gave GTA 5 a 9 (which is STILL a good score) and attacking her because of her feelings towards the way women are depicted in it. While I'm not a fan of GTA, she's a professional. I might not have agreed with her opinions about the women cause I've seen worse, but to take shots at her because of it and making petitions to have the game reviewed again just makes you look like an idiot and gives the feminists even more ammunition to fire back at the male demographic. I mean, that debacle was worse than the Last of Us review GameSpot made.

Any time someone starts bitching about that in MGS, just point them at Boss in MGS 3. She was such a good character.

The Boss, Sniper Wolf, and Meryl were all great characters in the series. All were very strong characters, with great character development and were treated throughout the series as legendary/great soldiers.

Archived