Has the line been crossed? - Hatred

Generations

Video game violence is the topic of debate from time to time and we usually agree that the real issue is with society as a whole, not the video games that people play. However, it would seem as though the line may have finally been crossed. Share your thoughts on the following:

Video may be uncomfortable to watch:

(Violence and coarse language)

http://kotaku.com/the-kind-of-video-game-violence-that-disturbs-me-1647874540/all?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs

There doesn't really seem to be any reason for a game like this to exist, IMO.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit over the top mate. There's violence in games like GTA and there there's games like this which mass murder & terrorism seem like the main aim of the game. I know GTA has violence, but going around causing mass murders isn't the point, it's making money. If it happens to be by illegal means, so be it. Games like this disgust me. They put a bad stain on gaming industry.

I recall one military game where there was a single airport level where you played as the terrorists. It was to make you feel uncomfortable and actually served to tell a story and make you appreciate the military personnel that much more. People were up in arms about that, and that part of the game was actually within reason (it served a purpose). But this is the first time where I think it's just violence for the sake of violence and doesn't stand to accomplish anything.

That was disgusting. The only purpose of this game is killing the innocent? What kind of sadistic *Censored* comes up with that?

I recall one military game where there was a single airport level where you played as the terrorists. It was to make you feel uncomfortable and actually served to tell a story and make you appreciate the military personnel that much more. People were up in arms about that, and that was actually within reason. But this is the first time where I think it's just violence for the sake of violence and doesn't stand to accomplish anything.

That was Modern Warfare 2 I think.

I recall one military game where there was a single airport level where you played as the terrorists. It was to make you feel uncomfortable and actually served to tell a story and make you appreciate the military personnel that much more. People were up in arms about that, and that part of the game was actually within reason (it served a purpose). But this is the first time where I think it's just violence for the sake of violence and doesn't stand to accomplish anything.

Modern Warfare 2?

So the point is to kill as many random people as you can, damn. At least on GTA you have to choose to do that, this is gonna be quite controversial.

Reminds me of when COD got that shit for you killing guys at an airport.

I imagine this will be banned in places.

I aint no 'BAN VIDEO GAMES' but I wouldn't be against this getting the chop.

My actual views? unless there's more to the game it shouldn't come out.

edit:

Its a shitty game concept, but crossing the line? Meh. Its virtual reality, there's nothing that really crosses the line unless you're using actual likeness' of people and doing that to them. All it is is a game. Nothing more, nothing less. Unless the game dev actually does this in their spare time, its still just a game.

I can see how killing innocent people as the primary objective of the game is pretty gross to say the least. However, you can do the exact same thing in games like GTA and others.

1: GTA is nowhere near as gory as Hatred.

2: GTA is more about making money than shootings, this just seems to be all about randomly killing innocent people as disgustingly as you can.

I can see how killing innocent people as the primary objective of the game is pretty gross to say the least. However, you can do the exact same thing in games like GTA and others.

1: GTA is nowhere near as gory as Hatred.

2: GTA is more about making money than shootings, this just seems to be all about randomly killing innocent people as disgustingly as you can.

So because it has more gore its deemed worse. Alright. And people who have already beat the game aren't playing GTA to collect money, they're just killing people and such. Infinite guns cheat exists for a reason. And its mostly killing cops and service men on top of civilians. You aren't exactly stopping robberies.

Anyone remember Manhunt? But lets draw the line at Hatred because its gory.

There have been a TON of games where you're trying to wipe out humanity, the only difference is you play as an Alien/God/Car/Insert other life form. The only reason this is an issue is because its presented as a human just trying to go on a murderous rampage. If they said "You're an alien life form, your mission is to survive at all costs" and put you in the game to murder humans so they didn't kill you it would get raving reviews.

Look *censored*ing sick , love it , i'll defo get this game.

You guys are way too sensitive , it's the same thing then GTA running around hitting and killing random *Censored* on the street.

What's the diffrence? you aint got a car? there's no GTA stamp on it? Same shit.

Do not tell me , no one never got bored with GTA and just started kicking the living shit out of random people just for fun of it.

I know i did , killing as much people as i could and try to escape from the police as far as i can.

Archived