Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we noted yesterday, following the most recent set of GFW Impact TV tapings, Low Ki has requested his release from the company.

With regards to why Low Ki left, two versions of the story were making the rounds, one claiming financial differences and the other claiming creative differences. PWInsider.com is reporting multiple GFW sources are claiming the financial story is inaccurate, and Kis decision to request his GFW release was based on creative issues he had with the company. GFW reportedly wanted Ki to be a focal point of the X-Division, however Ki saw himself remaining in the main event picture after being booked to work with Alberto El Patron.

As of this writing, Ki has yet to be granted his release from GFW and he remains under contract until October.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/877967-the-latest-backstage-update-on-low-kis-gfw-status-and-release-request

Guest Fight Me.

Wait...did Pope leave? Knew he missed a couple weeks of commentary but didn't think much of it. But I've noticed he's in the alumni section of the roster page on Impact's site.

According to a report from The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, former GFW Global Champion Alberto El Patrón is set to return from his real-life suspension from GFW during their November television tapings.

It's possible that they'll turn the suspension into a storyline and bring him back as a disgruntled heel employee who is angry with GFW for suspending him and stripping him of the GFW Global Championship.

Current GFW Global Champion Eli Drake was asked about the situation just the other day and gave the following response as to whether or not he thinks Alberto should be brought back to GFW:

“I don’t know whether we should have him back or not. Now, am I gonna dig too deep into that? Probably not. Everybody knows all the stuff that’s gone down, all the controversy, all that stuff.

Personally, I think for now we can do without it. But aside from that, who knows what the future holds?”

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/47989/Alberto-El-Patrn-Set-to-Return-to-GFW-in/

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, GFW and Pop TV signed a new agreement to continue carrying the Impact in 2018. The good news that this keeps them on TV in the US, but the bad news is that they failed to score a US TV deal that would pay any significant rights fees. The POP TV deal is an ad revenue split which is said to not make much of anything for the company. GFW is reportedly running on a tight budget, with the India and UK deals being their main line of revenue. But those deals aren’t enough to cover the costs of the schedule they wanted to run, which means that they will likely stick with running TV tapings less often, and that they will be marathon tapings like the August ones.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/gfw-signs-new-deal-pop-tv/

Guest Fight Me.

I'd imagine his return would be after or even at Bound for Glory then? Cause I've noticed they've moved it to early November, a month later than usual. Which is nice, since they only have 2 actual PPVs a year and I'd imagine you wouldn't want them so close together lol.

Guest Fight Me.

Is that the real name of that AAA belt? Bahahaha.

The world title in AAA is called the Mega Championship, but they call Johnny the AAA Super Mega (World Heavyweight) Champion because he currently also holds their Latin American and World Cruiserweight Championships.

I hate oVe already. Hope Mario and Fallah take this W, because those guys are actually cool.

Is that the real name of that AAA belt? Bahahaha.

The world title in AAA is called the Mega Championship, but they call Johnny the AAA Super Mega (World Heavyweight) Champion because he currently also holds their Latin American and World Cruiserweight Championships.

Alright...that makes it slightly less ridiculous. But only slightly. :lol:

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, I was actually just thinking about how hard it is for guys from the AAA, NOAH, Crash, etc partnerships to pick up some wins. I wonder how happy these companies really are to see their guys lose so often? Guess they're just glad enough to get them some exposure, but still, GFW could at least push some of them.

The attires are generic too. Wearing a Halloween mask to the ring is not cool. It was cool when the Wyatts did it, because it was something different at the time. Now it's just "the thing" to do. And I really don't know what their gimmick is. They aren't really dark and scary...they're just two random guys from Ohio (?) who wear Halloween masks...terrible name, terrible look, average in ring. I really don't like them at all.

Archived