WWE Teasing Sexual Tension Between AJ Lee and Paige?, More Edgier WWE Angles Expected

Ziggy Vercetti

- "The idea behind WWE's ongoing storyline between AJ Lee and Paige has definitely been to tease sexual tension between the two. There was a creative decision made last weekend that they want to go further with the angle. No word yet on what they may have planned but nothing risky was done on this week's RAW and it appears the same goes for last night's SmackDown tapings.

With the AJ vs. Paige storyline and a few other incidents like more adult language being used and Rosa Mendes being exposed on Main Event, it would appear that WWE may want to do more risqué angles because they need buzz to push the product. However, WWE is still working with Mattel and have promised sponsors they won't ever go back to how they were. It was speculated in a recent issue of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that we'll likely see more slip-ups and minor adult language on WWE TV but not enough that it will attract attention past the wrestling audience."

Source LOP

:o Does this mean we may get or see..

JZVYgb3.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather see them fight over the championship. Quit the foolishness and just have a real feud but whatever.

This.. I'm so over the WWE exploiting the divas.. Get some that can wrestle, cut promos, etc..& not just look good.. Damn!

They had and have plenty of people who are good at wrestling and cutting promos. They just don't use them for it, mostly.

Mattell sucks anyway. Their figures look like crap compared to some of the ones I bought when I was younger.

Good to hear about the product being edgier though.

You are so full of shit, lmao.

I'd rather see them fight over the championship. Quit the foolishness and just have a real feud but whatever.

This.. I'm so over the WWE exploiting the divas.. Get some that can wrestle, cut promos, etc..& not just look good.. Damn!
Tbf AJ and Paige can do all of those things and they're also having an actual, unique storyline to go with it which isn't just "You're the Champion, I want your title" for once.

I don't understand the point of an angle like this unless you're going to go balls to the wall with it. There's only one reason why you'd even do a storyline like this in the first place, and it's clearly for the sex appeal. But what good is it if the fans aren't actually going to get to see anything? This sums up perfectly why the whole "divas" concept has no business in today's WWE. Let's hire a bunch of hot chicks who can't wrestle, market them as sex appeal, but don't allow them to do anything sexy because we're wholesome, family friendly entertainment and cater to nine year olds even though our own statistics show that the 18-30 male demographic still makes up the majority of our viewers. I know I've said this a million times, but it becomes more and more true with each passing day. Why even have divas? They don't draw a dime, they aren't fun to watch, and all they manage to do is make WWE look like a bunch of sexist assholes. They literally serve no purpose and take more away than they add. The Total Divas TV show is the only thing about the division that works, because crappy reality TV drama is what talentless catty bitches do best.

Basically what I'm saying is, either Paige and AJ need to indulge in some hot lesbian action, or they need to abandon the whole thing immediately.

WWE has no balls

Exactly. They got no balls.

Sexuality is an important part regardless. Trish and Lita were VERY sexual. It helps make people care. Morals out the window, it might not be people liking them for the right reasons, but it's a start. It makes people pay attention during their matches and then those people begin to say "Hey...these girls aren't just nice to look at, they can actually wrestle". Because, I honestly think the biggest problem the divas have in WWE today is getting noticed to begin with. People use the bathroom or grab a beer during divas matches. So...you use sexuality to rope them in. Then they stay and actually see what the divas are capable of. Then they become fans. We shouldn't pretend like Trish wasn't waxing wood tables in lingerie before she was a Hall of Fame member.

WWE has no balls grapefruits

Fixed.

WWE needs to drop Mattel. If they're holding back the creative process who cares if they're a sponsor? It's not like they help with the PPV buyrates, and besides the Jakks Pacific toyline was way better anyway.

Sexuality is an important part regardless. Trish and Lita were VERY sexual. It helps make people care. Morals out the window, it might not be people liking them for the right reasons, but it's a start. It makes people pay attention during their matches and then those people begin to say "Hey...these girls aren't just nice to look at, they can actually wrestle". Because, I honestly think the biggest problem the divas have in WWE today is getting noticed to begin with. People use the bathroom or grab a beer during divas matches. So...you use sexuality to rope them in. Then they stay and actually see what the divas are capable of. Then they become fans. We shouldn't pretend like Trish wasn't waxing wood tables in lingerie before she was a Hall of Fame member.

I hear what you're saying, Generations, it just seems like the wwe thinks this is the only way to get them noticed.. When in fact, if they took their time, groom them in nxt(like Paige), maybe, just maybe, they would not have to always resort back to "sex" to get these women over.

Archived