Joe Rogan blasts Pro Wrestling, Opinion of Lesnar.

XXX.

Stand-up comedian Tony Hinchcliffe was the guest on The Joe Rogan Experience this past week, and revealed that WWE offered him a year-long contract to be a part of the creative team. According to him, the offer was “insanely serious money”. While he was happy to just receive the offer, as he’s a life-long fan of wrestling, he didn’t take the job because it would mean giving up his current dream job of being on the road as a comic.
Joe Rogen Talks Brock LesnarRogen also spent the majority of the podcast blasting the pro wrestling industry. When Hinchcliffe stated that the majority of UFC fans are, or were at one point wrestling fans, Rogan responded by stating “it’s not the ***damn same.”
“One of them is real. One of them is people battling for their lives in the most difficult content in all of sports. The other is some weird, ****** jerk-off thing where strange guys sit in front of the TV and pretend they don’t know its fake. You don’t want to know. You shut that part of your brain off.”
Joe also gave his opinion of Brock Lesnar as a UFC fighter, saying that he could have been an all-time great if he had trained properly and done MMA the “right way”.
“If Brock Lesnar did it the right way – if Lesnar left the WWE and dedicated himself to becoming the best fighter in the world, and I mean like best striking coaches, best overall coaches, like a real MMA coach – find out what they can fix and work on him for years, and then built him up slowly and eventually work his way up to a larger organization, and then eventually fight in the UFC when you have 15, 20 fights. Instead his second pro fight was against a former world champion. His second fight was against Frank Mir. He could have been an all-time great. He’s a freak athlete.”

I think his opinion of Lesnar is a respectable one. Lesnar is a freak athlete and could have been an all time UFC great, but he wanted to do things "his way" not the "right way"(as according to Mr. Rogan) and he's still looked at as a freak athlete because at any time I think he could jump back to UFC and *Censored* shit up.

As for his opinion on Professional Wrestling, it was absolutely ignorant and ill-argued. If he doesn't like Professional Wrestling, he could have addressed it in a more professional manner. Instead, he insulted an entire community of wrestling fans and an entire industry of dedicated wrestlers.

(I posted this here since he discusses Lesnar and he's in the WWE....also because when most people think of Professional Wrestling, they think of WWE.)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes right about Brock. He was a freak but his skills weren't rounded out enough to keep up with much more well rounded talent like Cain and even Overeem. If you look at the talent he faced when he got to the UFC it wasn't very good and when faced with better talent he lost and took his ball and went home.

Rogan's also right about wrestling. Its pretty weird and the fans are even more weird.

Joe Rogan has an ignorant and uneducated opinion of professional wrestling. i bet if he got invited to RAW, he'd experience a fantastic atmosphere and see first hand how dedicated wrestlers are to their profession, just as mma guys are to theirs, he'd have a different opinion.

I liked Rogans show on SciFi where he looked to debunk mysteries and shit. As far as UFC, he said it himself. It's two dudes beating the shit out of themselves. I don't really want to watch something like that. To me pro wrestling is like a magic show, or a play in that you know what you are watching is not what it seems, but it helps to pass the time and forget about your troubles.

Using the scripted shit to bash pro wrestling in 2014, how original...

Yeah I know right? Haven't heard that one before. Idiot. Someone should send him Justin Roberts' article about the pro wrestling industry.

Aren't the buyrates for WWE PPV's much higher than UFC's?

I think the only PPV that can compete with UFC right now is Wrestlemania. UFC is destroying PPV buys from what i understand.

After the network, "PPV" is barely in WWE's vocabulary anyway...

I know that, but I'm talking historically. When you tally them all together.

Yeah I know right? Haven't heard that one before. Idiot. Someone should send him Justin Roberts' article about the pro wrestling industry.

is there a link for that? i missed that one.

is there a link for that? i missed that one.

https://medium.com/@JustinRoberts/i-love-this-business-you-might-also-bb8cbd7c9e7c

Archived