WWE Signs Willie Mack

classiq.

WWE will be officially signing Willie Mack, who will soon be reporting to WWE NXT in Florida. Mack, who has been on WWE's radar for months, had an official farewell and tribute over the weekend at a Pro Wrestling Guerrilla event in Reseda, CA.

Joey Ryan posted the following photo on his Instagram account:

AL9dkQ8.jpg

PWInsider.com reported several months ago that Mack was signing with the company but chose to rescind the report after WWE sources indicated he had not yet taken the medical testing needed that would allow him to sign. Mack finally went through the testing last week, PWInsider has confirmed.

Orignally trained by Ryan and Aaron Aguilera, among others, Mack has been a regular for CWH and PWG for years and is an incredibly athletic, charismatic performer. CWH booked him to win their Red Carpet Rumble earlier this year as something of a tribute and sendoff for him for all his hard work for the promotion.

Source: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/87966/wwe-signing-top-california-talent-finally.html?p=1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked they would even sign him. They released KO because of his weight and lack of gym dedication but they sign this guy? He's completely out of shape. And he's pretty much a spot monkey who only runs and strikes. I don't see the appeal.

That's not true, Hero got released because they didn't saw him adding to the product, he even said so himself. And even then, Hero was overweight and wrestled "normal" whereas Mack is an attractiom because of the moveset/body type combo.

I'm shocked they would even sign him. They released KO because of his weight and lack of gym dedication but they sign this guy? He's completely out of shape. And he's pretty much a spot monkey who only runs and strikes. I don't see the appeal.

That's not true, Hero got released because they didn't saw him adding to the product, he even said so himself. And even then, Hero was overweight and wrestled "normal" whereas Mack is an attractiom because of the moveset/body type combo.

I didn't know Hero did an interview about it. I only know what many media outlets said. Doesn't change the fact, Willie is overweight and boring imo.

I'm a fan of Kofi, but you defended Kofi in the other thread and Mack literally does the same exact thing, except better, lol. Plus his look makes his high flying ability really unique. I think that's the appeal.

Archived