The Good and The Bad.

XXX.

So I was thinking today about the current state of WWE and how it gets a lot of criticism. I started thinking about what I would consider to be 'good' and 'bad' things in WWE at the moment. Mine is below, share yours! It could be about promoting, booking, characters, business decisions, etc, etc. Just what you think WWE is doing good, and bad.

The Good

Signing top independent stars

Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose's character evolution

Rybaxel

Main Event's potential

The Bad

Hyping up Goldust and Stardust and then not going anywhere with it.

Hinting at a 'new nation' without following through with it.

'Giving up' on Bo Dallas

Pushing Roman Reigns too fast

I have much more that I'll add to later.

Good

1. Steen, Devitt, Willie Mack, and KENTA.

2. Ziggler being pushed.

3. Cena lately.

4. Seth and Dean have been amazing.

5. Heyman.

6. Steph vs Brie.

7. AJ vs Paige.

8. Bray and Y2J promos.

9. HHH is hilarious.

10. Orton is making me care again.

11. The main event feud isn't the only one that has a good story behind it. For too long the midcard hasn't had any good stories leading into the pay per views, now it seems like they're trying to make you care about all the other feuds that are happening besides the one that ends Raw every week.

Bad

1. Injuries coming at the worst times.

2. Lack of legitimate tag teams.

3. The Del Rio mess.

4. Kane getting bitched every week.

5. NXT isn't on cable and I'm not ready to buy the Network yet.

6. No brand split making it hard for lowercarders to get any time to shine.

7. Sheamus holding the US belt has done zero for it.

8. Kofi's tights say SKILLZ on the side which I know makes it very hard for him to be taken seriously.

9. Reigns being forced into a position he's not ready for with having little comfort on the mic and not fully showing what he's capable of in the ring.

10. Reigns ending every show standing tall.

11. Adam Rose is going nowhere after all the promotion they gave him, same with Bo.

12. The fact that three underutilized guys like Kofi, Big E, and Woods were teased with an opportunity and it was taken away from them due to creative laziness.

13. How #12 only adds to the speculation of there being race issues with the WWE Officials and Creative team.

14. No one knows what the hell is happening to Cesaro.

THE GOOD:

- The talent level of WWE's current roster; it's probably one of, if not the best rosters we've had since the Ruthless Agression Era (including those in NXT).

- More diverse characters; we've gotten more distinctive characters over the past 2 years or so, like Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family, Fandango, Damien Sandow, etc. However, it seems like WWE has the tendancy to rid those superstars of any sort of character or personality they ever had several months after they debut (Damien Sandow, for instance, who has been reduced to a jobber and dresses and poses as different superstars and celebrities :facepalm:).

Or even better, Cesaro - having him win the Andre The Giant battle Royal at WM30 after ditching the Real Americans, only to have him align with Paul Heyman (which kept his heel persona intact), which evidently led to nowhere. Now, he's losing every match he's in and currently doesn't seem to have no direction whatsoever.

- More focus on the Team Team and Divas division unlike the past few years.

- WWE Network.

- Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins' current rivalry; probably the best rivilary I've personally seen in a while. Both men are generally great in their own way.

THE BAD:

- Inconsistent booking. Sometimes the booking is good, sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's in between.

- WWE's booking of Roman Reigns; they're doing more harm to him than good, in my opinion, and I feel that eventually, he'll peak way too soon (if he hasn't already). We've seen this happen before. Sometimes it works, but in this case, it isn't...because Roman Reigns is obviously inexperienced in a lot of areas, yet it seems like he'll quickly be inserted into the main event scene and win the WWE title in less than year.

- The Authoriry. I really dislike The Authority right now. I feel like the only reason why they're still around is because WWE seems to currently lack that major top heel, who's actually an active wrestler.

- Oh, and John mother*censored*ing Cena.

Good: Roster; full of so much potential talent, production values. Ambrose, Rollins each week and Heyman.

Bad: Storylines, promos, inconsistent booking, creative in general, character progression, timing on shows, repeat matches, over-promoting the network, long segments including Authority, trying too hard to be a soap opera and over-scripted promos.

Triple H and Steph on-screen, intelligence constantly being insulted, commentary, filler/short matches

Belts being used to put over wrestlers (should be the opposite way around)

Crowds over saturising chants that used to be used at the proper moment, this is awesome chant every week including for a segment with two people talking is way over done.

Triple H's general hypocrisy and insecurity, i.e needless potshots at "internet fans" then begs fans to buy the network......on the internet.

Hotshot booking and Cena.

Its great that they're getting new talent and bring some new guys up.

I think its terrible that they think we're stupid and think that we'll just forget about things they start. We didn't forget about the Miz/Ziggler group that they moved towards, and we haven't forgotten about the new Big E/Kofi/Woods faction either.

Good:

- Roster. Don't even need much detail there. Look at the main roster and developmental, this is one of the most talented crops we've had in quite some time.

- Presentation, production value, etc. I think the shows should have more of a unique look to them like they did in years past, but the WWE has its own distinct image and feel that I've grown accustomed to.

- More gimmicks/characters. We've got a diverse bunch, moreso than in say, 2008. Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas, Rusev, Dean Ambrose, etc. all have distinct, identifiable characters that set them apart, contrast to the late 2000's, where guys were good or bad without much characterization to them.

Bad:

- Show formats have been the same since the Attitude era. Long opening 20 minute promo, match, more promos, short match, etc. HHH (and by extension the Authority as a whole) starting us off with a long, drawn out promo is one of the most tired tropes in wrestling history.

- We're back to start stop pushing, and its hurting guys. Wyatt and Cesaro by name are two of the most recent examples, Bo looking like he might be next.

- Wasting TV time. Between RAW, Main Event, and Smackdown they have 5 hours of TV to introduce, advance, and payoff characters and story lines but somehow plenty of guys get left in the dark despite WWE having 3 shows, a Network, and a YouTube channel. It's kind've mind boggling that they can still squander as much time as they do. It also leads me to my next point:

- Overpromotion. I'm beyond *censored*ing tired of hearing about the Network. The 9.99 schtick isn't cute or funny to me, it's exhausting. I felt the same way about the constant App plugging. Remember Touting and how much they forced that too? Instead of spending a quarter of the show pushing their products on us like a cheap, 3 hour long infomercial, why not let the talent win people over and sell the Network that way, instead of shoving it down our throats 24/7.

- Commentary. *Censored* them. The commentary team has been actively disrupting and distracting from the shows for about 4 years now. I used to think Jerry Lawler lost any will or spirit for wrestling till I saw a promo he did for a match with Kevin Steen, and it was like he never missed a beat from being the same King that set Memphis on fire. Where is that guy every Monday night? JBL used to be a highlight in the booth and he added so much insight and info to matches, and now he's arguably the worst of the bunch. Commentary needs an overhaul and it needed it yesterday.

- General other BS. Repeat matches, tired, worn out tropes, everything feels stale and worn out to me which isn't a specific complaint but it kinda ties into the Bad section. It seemed like we were going to really turn a corner and move forward after Wrestlemania but everything quickly went back to business as usual.

Good:

Triple H handling NXT

Stephanie McMahon (vs. Brie Bella)

Ziggler climbing the ladder again

Rollins/Ambrose feud

Paige founding her stride

Usos as Tag Champs

Return of sadistic Orton

Cena actually selling this feud with Lesnar

Bad:

Cena as WWEWHC

Lesnar/Cena as our SS Main Event

They seem to be taking Wyatts casually while seemingly going through with Show/Henry as the new breakout team

Reigns' push (not the fact it's him, but the rushed manner in which it's happening - it's making people lose interest in him)

AJ's ring rust

Them *censored*ing up Cesaro

Bray having lost so much momentum

The Good: A lot of talent, great signings, amazing developmental, more characters, production value

The Bad: Cena is still above everything and ruins almost everyone who comes up to challenge his position, inconsistent booking, not enough time for midcard and divas.

The Good:

• Ambrose-Rollins
  • Pai-J
  • Paul Heyman
  • Renee Young
  • more aggressive Orton (for now)
  • more serious Cena (for now)
  • hilarious HHH
  • variety of interesting gimmicks and characters
  • stacked roster
  • NXT
  • signing of international top stars
  • return of RVD, Y2J and Botista
  • new logo (which should've actually debuted back in 2008 when the HD era started, because scratch logo = edginess)

The Bad:

• inconsistent booking and fickle pushes
  • exaggerated plugs of social media and the Network, which damages the overall enjoyment of the product
  • character limitations for the majority of the roster due to strict scripts
  • commentary
  • same arena and stage designs for all shows
  • shitty and toned-down generic themes (see Cesaro)
  • SmackDown! has gotten less important than Main Event
  • Reigns' overpush
  • Bo's depush (*Censored* R-Truth)
  • Wyatt's unnecessary momentum loss
  • Cesaro going nowhere despite putting on great matches every week
  • Eva Marie
  • apparent scrapping of the new Nation
  • ill-timed injuries (although I can't blame the WWE for that)

<p>

The Good:

• Ambrose-Rollins
  • Pai-J
  • Paul Heyman
  • Renee Young
  • more aggressive Orton (for now)
  • more serious Cena (for now)
  • hilarious HHH
  • variety of interesting gimmicks and characters
  • stacked roster
  • NXT
  • signing of international top stars
  • return of RVD, Y2J and Botista
  • new logo (which should've actually debuted back in 2008 when the HD era started, because scratch logo = edginess)

The Bad:

• inconsistent booking and fickle pushes
  • exaggerated plugs of social media and the Network, which damages the overall enjoyment of the product
  • character limitations for the majority of the roster due to strict scripts
  • commentary
  • same arena and stage designs for all shows
  • shitty and toned-down generic themes (see Cesaro)
  • SmackDown! has gotten less important than Main Event
  • Reigns' overpush
  • Bo's depush (*Censored* R-Truth)
  • Wyatt's unnecessary momentum loss
  • Cesaro going nowhere despite putting on great matches every week
  • Eva Marie
  • apparent scrapping of the new Nation
  • ill-timed injuries (although I can't blame the WWE for that)

Not Truths fault.

Good;

Wyatt Family

Ambrose

Rollins

Reigns

Cesaro

Bad News Barrett

NXT

Paul Heyman and Lesnar

Bryan being out

Renee Young

Paige

Lana & Rusev

The Network (I am actually really excited to get it.)

Bad;

Storyline development

Not seeing things through

Shoving things down our throats

The Miz

I don't get people saying Reigns is over-pushed, the dude was over as hell with the Shield for some time, now he's feuding with Orton of all people who seems to always just be coasting along anyway. They gotta do something with the guy.

The dude hasn't been pinned once in singles. The way he's been protected and handled is over-kill. He's been in the midst of a huge push for a while now.

The Good

Signing a crap ton of indy stars.

Pushing Heath Slater

Ambrose vs Rollins

Chris Jericho's return

NXT

Bad News Barrett

Dolph Ziggler

Better Tag Team Division

The Bad

John Cena

Roman Reigns

Boring weekly shows

Lack of a brand split

Screwing up pushes that seemed impossible to ruin(Cesaro)

Using talented wrestlers as jobbers instead of finding storylines for them

I don't get people saying Reigns is over-pushed, the dude was over as hell with the Shield for some time, now he's feuding with Orton of all people who seems to always just be coasting along anyway. They gotta do something with the guy.

He's been booked as being unstoppable. He just got 'beat up' for the first time 3 weeks ago by Orton. And he was back out there the week after like it never happened.

He's been booked as being unstoppable. He just got 'beat up' for the first time 3 weeks ago by Orton. And he was back out there the week after like it never happened.

And that's over-pushing? I think it's good to see younger talent actually being built up without suddenly being knocked down and de-pushed.

I don't mind Roman Reigns being pushed right now...I just think Roman Reigns sucks AT THE MOMENT, and shouldn't be getting pushed the way he is right now; being featured in two back-to-back WWE title main events on PPVs...and yeah. He's still inexperienced in the ring, which is quite evident and he can't seem to cut a decent promo most of the time. I wouldn't mind if he was at least average at one of the two things.

I'm sure Roman Reigns will improve soon, though. I want the guy to be a top star, but he's not impressive right now.

Archived