#TheMikeOwens

I was 16, didn't have my driver's license yet cause I sucked. So I was just cruising around with my friend in her convertible. Pretty boring day to be honest. Thank god something as cool as almost dying happened. Any way we get to some super dangerous intersection while she's driving me back to my house. A good number of people have died on this intersection. I remember we were listening to "Two of Amerikaz Most Wanted" by Tupac and Snoop. What a song for two white teens from the rural midwest to die to, right? Anyway my friend comes to a stop at the intersection, but for whatever reason just decided, "Eh, I'll just look to my left. Looking both ways at an intersection is for suckers anyway yolo swag 4:20". So she starts *censored*ing going. I look to the right and say, "Yo, Hayley you better haul some ass or we're gonna die" rather calmly considering the situation. We just barely made it across with out dying. Like we were in a convertible, we would have got real *censored*ed up if we got a hit by a car going 70. I'd just be pile of mush on the pavement. I immediately call her a crazy mother *censored*er, in an endearing way though. We couldn't stop shaking. She just kept going we didn't stop. I guess the people who almost hit us pulled a u-ey on the *censored*ing highway cause as we approach my house they pull us over at a stop sign. The woman driving the car chews my friend's ass out saying her daughter was in the car and shit. She goes back to the car and her wife-beater wearing husband tells us that it was all "pretty *censored*ing awesome" and not to worry about it. Cool dude. So I immediately go home and tell the story to my mom and give her heart attack almost. Pretty surreal experience. Glad I didn't go out that way. I have a 1000 word essay saved on my laptop about my near death experience. I wrote about it for a comp paper and I got a 99 percent on it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my tonsils removed. You are probably wondering why that was near death since it's such minor surgery but the laser technique they used to seal the wound was done terribly. Basically, after I got back into my bed and was still out, it broke off and I a.) almost bled to death and b.) almost suffocated on my own blood, apparently. I was later told I had a second surgery then. I was fine for a day until it broke of AGAIN and I was THIIIIIIIIIIS close to bleeding to death, even moreso than the first time.

Almost crashed a few times. Sometimes my fault, sometimes not. Still scary as *Censored* though.

Damn man, drive safer you crazy *Censored*. :o

I'm trying mate. Most of the ones I caused were back when I was still new to driving and didn't fully understand how some junctions worked, and things like that. Down to some dodgy teaching from my instructor more than anything and putting me forward for the test when I wasn't ready. Now I've done that journey so many times, I pretty much know what to expect and where.

I'm also way too careful now. I'll give people a car and a half length between me and them, even if it isn't needed, just in case they decide to slam the brakes on randomly. That's what caused my first crash before :( People are just way too unpredictable.

Almost crashed a few times. Sometimes my fault, sometimes not. Still scary as *Censored* though.

Damn man, drive safer you crazy *Censored*. :o

I'm trying mate. Most of the ones I caused were back when I was still new to driving and didn't fully understand how some junctions worked, and things like that. Down to some dodgy teaching from my instructor more than anything and putting me forward for the test when I wasn't ready. Now I've done that journey so many times, I pretty much know what to expect and where.

I'm also way too careful now. I'll give people a car and a half length between me and them, even if it isn't needed, just in case they decide to slam the brakes on randomly. That's what caused my first crash before :( People are just way too unpredictable.

Ah that sucks. Very irresponsible of that guy. But it's good that you're a little extra cautious now. Sure, may be unnecessary but that one time something would happen then, you're safe. :)

@ Lyriqz - Aye, it's actually saved me a few times recently too tbf. Had a few more situations when it's happened but since I wasn't up someone's arse, I managed to brake in enough time to prevent anything from happening. *Censored*s breaking and turning without indicating is annoying af.

Almost got into a car accident because I thought I was having a heart attack.

Also came really close to choking to death.

Also had a gun pulled out on me, only to be saved by police seconds after.

Also came really close to being struck by a drunk driver as a kid. The driver ended up crashing into someone's house.

Had quite a few. Most notably when I wrecked my dirt bike and flipped it on top of me. Took me a while to recover and I have very little recollection of it actually happening.

I've had an incident with a gun before too. Police took forever to get to me though as I had to call them. 'Merica

I need some background.

Basically I was working at my old job (Walgreens) and helping out in the photo lab. Some dude brought in a whole bunch of change for cash (why he came to the photo lab instead of the front register I have no idea) thought he seemed a bit odd, but never gave it much thought after he left. Like an hour later he came back with who I assume was a relative or something bugging them for money but said relative wasn't really budging on it and didn't really want anything to do with him and just bought something and left him there.

Now I started to go back to what I was working on and the guy said something weird, but I didn't catch all of it. I turned around and said "What?" that's when he pulled the gun out. I come close to shitting myself but not even a few seconds later a bunch of cops burst into the store, guns drawn, police dogs and all and arrest him. One of the cops told me that dude got somebody else before coming back here and that I was pretty much going to be next. I went home early after that because I was so shook up. My mom really had to calm me down.

For me, if I am in a near-death experience, I become real scared about what will happen after I'm actually dead.

Have any of you really thought this, regardless of faith or not? Like, what will REALLY happen to you after you're gone from this earth?

To be honest, no. My near death experiences probably weren't as close as some of you guys', but every time I have felt I might die I didn't even think about what would happen after. All I thought about was wanting to keep living, not being afraid of dying if that makes sense.

I jumped off a bridge in italy, I thought it'd get me to town faster if I just jumped down and landed on a slopey bit. Turned out the slopey bit was way further down and way slopier, so I basically landed and took 2 flailing steps before falling several meters onto the road below, where a car almost hit me but managed to stop.. I was laying face down in a bloody pool and didn't wake up untill i was in the hospital.

Archived