WWE To Stop Publishing WWE Magazines?

Jeb ★

The final issue of the WWE Magazine which has been in print since 1984 will be published in October. WWE has reportedly decided to close down their magazine department as part of their ongoing budget cuts.

The Wrestling Observer reports that the magazine could possibly continue using an outside publisher where the company would lease out its name, but WWE itself will no longer be producing it.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Well, it makes sense, physical papers are dying, online is the way to go. However, I think this is more of a status indicator, rather than a "go with the times" kinda thing. It's so established and now it dies to budget cuts? That's... that's a deep look into how worried they are.

Ill never forget the joy of coming home after a long day of school to find both WCW and WWF Magazine sitting on my bed. Great times but times are changing.

I have a personal collection of WWE magazines from a few years ago, but yeah I definitely think it makes sense to stop producing them. It doesn't make much sense IMO with the internet the way it is.

Archived