Worst Purchase Thread

#TheMikeOwens

I don't know if it was the worst thing...but I bought a copy of Skyrim off eBay a few months back. It was advertised as being in very good condition. When I got it, I opened the case and noticed that the disc was just complete garbage. Like...not even scratches, but legitimately shattered around the inner-ring. There's a chance that it might actually work, but I would never run the risk of it exploding in my Xbox. Just decided to forget that it happened, because I didn't feel like trying to get my money back, etc. Only cost like $10. But seriously...it pissed me off.

I bought a PS4 a few months back, traded in my PS3 for it and bought Madden 25 and Ghosts. Had it in the box outside in my uncles car when I got home I went with him in his truck to go for batteries we needed for work, it was a 7 hour drive so we stayed at a hotel. Next day get home and his car was unlocked and robbed and my PS4 and games were stolen along with 80 dollars he had in his glove box. I'm pretty sure we know who it was we called the police and they didn't do shit. Petty sure I mentioned it on here before. Literally broke my *censored*ing heart.

I don't know if it was the worst thing...but I bought a copy of Skyrim off eBay a few months back. It was advertised as being in very good condition. When I got it, I opened the case and noticed that the disc was just complete garbage. Like...not even scratches, but legitimately shattered around the inner-ring. There's a chance that it might actually work, but I would never run the risk of it exploding in my Xbox. Just decided to forget that it happened, because I didn't feel like trying to get my money back, etc. Only cost like $10. But seriously...it pissed me off.

Hate so much when this happens. But thankfully it hasn't happened too much to me.

Jersey Shore Season 1. Not because it's Jersey Shore (that I love) but because who buys dvds anymore?

I do. I love having boxarts and something I can look at. I miss the good ole days when people showed each other their collection instead of links haha/

Oh, I've got hundreds of these that I could list. I'll list the most recent example, which was actually last night in fact. Noah on Blu Ray for £13... why the *Censored* did I think that was a good idea. Thought I'd bite the bullet and buy it, despite all the negative reviews it had on Amazon because I thought it might end up surprising me. The case is beautiful and Emma Watson is... well, she's Emma Watson... but still, it was a terrible, terrible purchase.

Archived