Myths, Superstitions and Folklore You Abide By

Twisted...

I'm not sure if those are the correct terms, but which do you abide by or follow?

I'll admit, I've used the 5 second rule before.

I tend not to walk under ladders/scaffolding, or I cross my fingers if I do.

If I put a t-shirt on backwards, I have to rotate it 3 times before it's on the correct way.

Me, my sister, and our cousins would punch eachother in the arm, if we saw a yellow car, whilst shouting, "Yellow car!" The same went for shouting, "Punchbuggy! No punch back!" if we saw a Volkswagen Beetle.

And I always do the, "Pinch, punch, first day of the month" schtick.

These are all things that come naturally to me, as they are things I have been doing from a young age.

Post yours.

I avoid ladders as you said.

I try not to pass people on the stairs.

I have also done the 5 second rule

I'll list more if I see some from people's posts.

I pass under ladders ,

I pass people on the stairs

I dont do the 5 seconds rule cause i have no idea what the *Censored* it is

I kick the shit out of black cats.

I punch mirrors til they broke in pieces.

My fav numbers is 13.

I wear green T-shirts every friday.

I cut my nail everydays after 6 Pm.

Every marriage i go to ....I try to arranged a meet up between the futur husband and the bride before they get marry.

When I was a kid growing up in a poor neighborhood in southern California, the locals believed that if you went to the forest and yelled "perckerwood" ten times Wigger Johnny would appear and grant you three wishes. Those people were very high to be honest.

XD lmao.

I follow all the sports superstitions,especially in baseball. Like don't cross the mound, don't cross the bats, and definitely don't pack up early. My team packed up early in a ballgame this year and the other team scored 5 runs in the bottom of the last inning.

Surprisingly, nothing really. Hell, when we were younger my brother use to do the whole "punchbuggy, no punch back" thing, and one day I got fed up and warned him that if he hit me again, i would hit back no matter what. He didn't listen, and I damn near broke his arm when i hit him back. Ahh, good times.

One thing I guess I do abide by is the superstition that commenting on an artists work before its finished is bad luck. I never do it, and despise it whenever someone does it to me.

I abide by:

The five second rule.

The spilling salt/pepper thing.

Avoiding walking under ladders.

I have sports superstitions too. When my team is playing an away game, I wear the away jersey as well. When they're playing at home, I wear the home jersey. I feel it messes up the mojo if I don't wear the same uni they're wearing on gameday. If they lose, I wash it to wash all the "bad luck" away, and if they win, I don't wash it.

I do "Punch buggy" and shit like that, and the "Knock on wood" if me and one of my friends say the same thing at the same time.

I used to do the 5 second rule all the time lmao, not that much nowadays.

I avoid walking under ladders, but once or twice I was like "eh" and i walked under a ladder Razor Ramon style

I do the knock on wood thing

I dont really think about that stuff much, but there are a couple that I am conscious of.

The first being that I'll never walk over 3 drains on the floor in succession, cause friends of mine have all said shit about it being bad luck and it's just something I've ended up doing.

The other being knock on wood. Just when someone says something like "oh it's stopped raining".

From where I came from, there's a custom that said you're not allowed to wear green clothes while visiting South Java Beach. There's a believe that there's a kingdom lived under the sea and its queen loves to drag down young males. Dem people might be high, but it also have a fact that there's so many missing people there. Especially guys around my age. Its crazy if you track down the history of mystical myths here.

Archived