Football Thread

Faster Than Light

These games don't count, but this is 8 goals against in two games for Milan, three of them against Olympiakos, who isn't rated highly on an European level.

It doesn't bode well for them, especially with the club being low on finances, the roster filled with average players or young players who aren't near the level to be ready to guide them to anything special and them coming off a 9th place finish in the previous season. Seriously, they might get relegated if they're not careful.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldinho has no club right now, assumed he'd be the next to sign to NYCFC or Orlando City (whatever they're called)

Okay and now I realise my phone changed on loan to onion xD ohhhh dear haha.

LvG given Shaw a personal training programme, some of which is away from the team. Says he's not quite fit enough right now.

His point on Zaha is right though, he could never be a RWB or LWB so the only way he'd get game time in this formation is up front (said he'll play the 2nd half tonight)

Actually unreal how much our media twist words.

Who does everyone wanna get rid of at United? I just had this conversation with one of my mates last night and he only really wanted to get rid of Fellaini but I think we should be looking to shift Nani, Cleverley and possibly Anderson. Feel bad for Anderson because I reckon he could have been good if he could keep fit.

Nani,Young,Cleverley,Anderson and Fellaini should all go. Depending on who we bring in and if Van Gaal reverts to 4-3-3 or not I'd add Valencia as well, but if he stays with a 3-5-2/5-3-2 then it would make sense for Valencia to stay as he's capable as a wingback due to his defensive contribution, on the other hand as an attacking force he really hasn't been anywhere near the level he was for quite a while now (that could be said about any of our wingers in fairness). Nani and Young aren't capable of playing in that role and Nani doesn't work as a striker either, he's been barely noticeable playing there on the tour and Young struggled in the wingback role in the last game against Roma.

I would at least test out Nani to see how he shows himself in training. Good wingers are hard to find and Nani has excellent technique and a great cross on him in his best days. He's turning 28 this season, but if he shows he's willing to take the chance, I would keep him. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cleverley would blossom under Van Gaal.

Ronaldinho ending up at New York FC or something similar? Maybe Orlando? The one Kaka went too?

Probably end up spending the season onion at AC Milan xD

They've already got David Villa, NYCFC. Don't see why they'd want to bring in Ronaldinho's old ass to just pair with Villa whose also getting up their in age. Last I heard Ronaldinho was playing for Flamengo or some shit. Orlando City seems more likely, with Kaka their, they need another big name who's possibly way over-the-hill.

I would have thought United would have signed 2 or 3 CBs by now. If he was set on a 352 from day one then it seems odd to me that he's allowed to get it to this point with 3 average players. Would presume he'd want maybe 5 overall unless he plans to use somebody like Carrick there?

Origi confirmed at last.

I think he may give Keane a chance at some point, always looked solid. I think we might get Vermaelan I guess.

Apparently United briefed journo's or whatever a few days/week ago to ignore Vidal rumours as there's no bid/interest. Allegri saying he expects him to stay again anyway.

I'd never even heard of Origi before the World Cup (nor had Fellaini xD)

https://twitter.com/schneiderlinmo4/status/494177493155606528 ??

Unhappy that it's now been said they won't sell him or what?

Or is he just actually annoyed that everyone has left?

All the Jones hate is annoying, he should have improved more than he has right now but when he's fully fit/concentrated he's a good tackler, he just needs to work on his positioning (& not hurting himself in challenges as much).

My opinion.

There's plenty of 'top defenders' in the BPL who I think are absolute turd.

Our third kit is horrible.

Wow inter doing exactly what Roma tried. Clip it over the defenders from half way line.

Is this what Italian football is?...

Inter diving all over the pitch all game and the refs fallen for it every time.

Inter perfected the clip up into an offside player with no plan b up front.

Now let's lose on pens.

Not only did we win the shootout Cleverley scored his penalty xD

Archived