Football Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then you don't know enough about the sport to have a say in what this thread should be called.

We need to start signing more players Hererra and Shaw definitely isn't enough. Still hoping for another centre mid, two centre back's and left back/wing back to challenge Shaw. We should be good.

From the two games thus far it seems like Van Gaal has some faith in Tyler Blackett (CB). I hope at least one of the Keane twins (mainly Michael) gets a look in at some point in the season, though I expect them both to go out on loan. Maybe James Wilson will have another chance to shine like he did against Hull. Who knows?

Ben Pearson could be one to look out for, box-box midfielder for the U21's and he's not afraid to get stuck in to a tackle. Always seems to have a solid game in the middle of the park and can adequately handle himself. He'd easily be an improvement on what's there now (aside from Herrera and possibly Carrick).

Torres already getting back into form.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5460A682031105223029543575552_29f4035cc51.1.2.4111985763321941910.mp4?versionId=vqhcSfsOwjeA54Ed7yTUpm62TtFBSTxZ

Turn out for this tournament in america has looked pretty poor so far.

Went for too big of stadiums. Should have stuck to the MLS stadiums where there is actual intrest in soccer.

Yeah. Imagine the fact there are quite a few games and it's not just a one time thing, plus weakish squads due to the World Cup haven't helped.

Turn out for this tournament in america has looked pretty poor so far.

Went for too big of stadiums. Should have stuck to the MLS stadiums where there is actual intrest in soccer.

Yeah. Imagine the fact there are quite a few games and it's not just a one time thing, plus weakish squads due to the World Cup haven't helped.

I'm not sure. The Arsenal/Red Bull friendly was pretty packed and every ticket to the game was sold. There were only 500 or so empty seats. I just think holding game where there really is no big interest for the sport was just a bad idea because attendance has been up since the World Cup for MLS teams. The Galaxy/ManU game was packed but the Roma/Man U game was so empty.

Didn't the United v Galaxy game get 86,000? I'm pretty sure that's what it was. It obviously depends on the popularity of the teams playing. Maybe European holiday destinations help to bump up the attendance.

Oh ffs. The Vidal deal has been 'resurrected' apparently. Some reliable paper in Italy who hasn't said a word on it is now supposedly saying we've offered 60million. He's back from his holiday now so we'll see.

Still wishing :(

It's Gazetta Dello Spor and Tuttosportt who are saying the deal is on again and I believe both have run quite a few stories on the Vidal rumours. Don't know how reliable they both are as well.

Anyway we know that the most likely and obvious outcome of this is that he'll stay at Juve or move elsewhere. I'd be shocked (and delighted) if we got a player of that calibre in.

Archived