Tekken Series

God of Lightning

Pretty sure story mode was already confirmed and it was gonna be ending the whole Mishima story. Unless you specifically mean the way Tekken 6 did it. I thought it was alright, but it was a pain in the ass to keep up with because the text was too small and almost no one spoke English.

Fun Fact: Despite all the complaining about story and single player content in fighting games, Capcom fighters are the only big name fighters without any kind of story or significant extra content.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always liked the stories. I enjoy stuff more when I can get emotionally invested into characters. The story going on between King and Marduk (and later on Armor King) is how King became my favorite character, as on Tekken 4, I was hellbent on becoming as good as possible with King in order to take revenge on Marduk. I actually legit hated Marduk at the time for killing Armor King until King forgave him at the end of Tekken 5. In the end, I'm going to buy the game anyway and deal with whatever new stuff they come up with.

What I do find interesting about the Mishima-story, is that for the first time since the first Tekken, Kazuya actually seems like he could be a protagonist. I hope they don't neglect the fact that Kazuya also got corrupted by his power by turning it into a possible "I was always a good guy, I just had a bigger picture in mind that made it seem like I was a dick"-thing. Also wondering if his mother somehow becomes a new playable character.

They should at least be DLC if he's pulling characters...

and if she isn't in 7 then I'd be miffed I wouldn't be able to play as her when I'd eventually pick it up.

edit:

"Harada said that Lucky Chloe is exclusive for East Asia and Europe."

Hurray!

• 3 weeks later...

I like Tekken. Soul Calibur on the other hand I never got. It's like a fairytale fighting game but the gameplay is awful. Hard to belief they are made by the same company.

Soul Calibur 5 is pretty good gameplay wise. Plus decent character creation/customization.

They also make Digimon.

In one of the more recent Digimon games, Lili and Sebastian are in it.

Isn't that one of the games that never came over?

I love the Soul Calibur series and I wish they'd put SC's Yoshimitsu in a Tekken game as a guest character at some point. I want to see a showdown between Tekken's Yoshi and SC's Yoshi. I'm pretty sure there are some differences in their moves even though overall they have the same fighting style. In every Soul Calibur game I've played except 5, Yoshimitsu seems to have this odd habit of giving himself a "ring out" when fighting his A.I, I think they fixed that in 5.

I was wondering if they'd make this guy. Seems they've taken the advice of the commenters when they teased it, to make him less Assassin's Creed rip off.

I was wondering if they'd make this guy. Seems they've taken the advice of the commenters when they teased it, to make him less Assassin's Creed rip off.

I actually like the Assassin look

Not sure if mentioned yet, but...

In a recent tweet, Tekken director Katsuhiro Harada revealed a new feature being tested for Bandai Namco's upcoming 3D fighter Tekken 7. "BETA TESTING NOW> New Rendering Camera System "Both players can play on LEFT SIDE (or RIGHT SIDE) for TEKKEN7," Haradatweeted.

Yeah I don't get it.

• 1 month later...

Archived