Top TNA Wrestler Suggests WWE Copied A Current TNA Storyline On Last Night's RAW

Golden Boy®

As seen on RAW last night, a new stable was formed with Xavier Woods, Big E and Kofi Kingston. TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley suggested that WWE's new stable is a copy of his stable with MVP and Kenny King in TNA. Lashley tweeted:

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. @The305MVP @KennyKingPb2"

MVP re-tweeted Lashley's message with a "wink face."

Read more at http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2014/0722/579258/top-tna-wrestler-suggests-wwe-copied-a-current-tna-storyline-on/#JIQmOl3fpOPmhDiZ.99

LMAO oh my the irony

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're more or less belittling themselves if they think that three black guys in a group (who, mind you, have just formed LAST NIGHT and have little to no established direction as it is at the moment) is like them. That makes them look like they're just three black guys in a group and nothing more.

It also doesn't do well for TNA knowing that when they copy something from WWE, it's way more obvious. If they're calling out WWE for something that simply seems like something they did, it just makes them look childish.

In order to copy TNA, WWE brass would actually need to watch TNA. It's more likely that Vince, Hunter and Steph were having a family night...eating popcorn, watching their own Network...when a Nation segment came on and HHH said "Hey, pops...we should take some of our black guys and put a new one of those together".

Kofi, Big E, and Xavier will more than likely get jobbed out, fired, and relegated to dark matches. If it were a copy, and its not, it'd be a bad one. Just because you've got a heel stable consisting of all black guys doesn't necessarily make it a rip off. I'll wait and see what WWE's new faction is actually like before writing it off as a copy. I really like what TNA has done with Lashley, MVP, and King. I'm a big fan of Kofi and Big E (not so much that other jabroni), but I think WWE's new stable will fail miserably. There are going to have to compete for time on Raw with so many other thrown together tag-teams that are stuck in midcard hell. Oh, and the fact that they're all black guys isn't a good sign. Lets not forget WWE's track record and the fact that they think Michael Hayes is a creative genius.

Aren't these guys basically a shitty, less talented version of The Authority? Weren't they also feuding with the lesser talented version of Daniel Bryan and his rip-off version of the YES movement? I also remember them doing the whole "time keeper", "ring announcer" and all that shit during EY's match... which seemed awfully familiar too. *Censored* TNA, and *Censored* you Lashley you bathturd!

Kofi, Big E, and Xavier will more than likely get jobbed out, fired, and relegated to dark matches. If it were a copy, and its not, it'd be a bad one. Just because you've got a heel stable consisting of all black guys doesn't necessarily make it a rip off. I'll wait and see what WWE's new faction is actually like before writing it off as a copy. I really like what TNA has done with Lashley, MVP, and King. I'm a big fan of Kofi and Big E (not so much that other jabroni), but I think WWE's new stable will fail miserably. There are going to have to compete for time on Raw with so many other thrown together tag-teams that are stuck in midcard hell. Oh, and the fact that they're all black guys isn't a good sign. Lets not forget WWE's track record and the fact that they think Michael Hayes is a creative genius.

Why is that a bad thing?

Why can nobody be a midcarder anymore?

Why is that a bad thing?

Why can nobody be a midcarder anymore?

Did I say nobody can be a midcarder? No. I've always been a big advocate of a strong midcard and I get annoyed when fans want to see the main title get passed around to all their favorites like a hot potato.

I refer to it as midcard hell because I think the midcard is very important, and lately its been horribly booked. It feels like anybody who isn't one of the bonafide main event guys or a total jobber can win or lose a match on any given night. For example, I think Chris Jericho had no business beating Bray Wyatt clean after they booked Wyatt so strong and not that long ago Jericho put over Fandango. And why can't they make up their minds if they want to push Cesaro or not? You can't create new stars when there's no sense of a hierarchy. Some wrestlers need to look more powerful than others in kayfabe. When it comes to WWE's midcard, there's very little of that these days. There are way too many wrestlers and they're too indecisive about who they want to focus on from week to week.

Jericho put over Fandango over a year agon...while completley dominating him. Fandango won with a out-a-nowhere-roll-up

I also disagree with the second point. I think some wrestlers/bookings are handled horrible, but in general it leads us to a lot great matches with unpredictability in them (Miz vs. Ziggler for example). You need to make main eventers look totally strong and atleast unbeatable for the midcard, but the midcard should be exactly that. A midcard. Not for the strongest and not for the weakest guys on the roster.

Jericho put over Fandango over a year agon...while completley dominating him. Fandango won with a out-a-nowhere-roll-up

I also disagree with the second point. I think some wrestlers/bookings are handled horrible, but in general it leads us to a lot great matches with unpredictability in them (Miz vs. Ziggler for example). You need to make main eventers look totally strong and atleast unbeatable for the midcard, but the midcard should be exactly that. A midcard. Not for the strongest and not for the weakest guys on the roster.

See, thats part of the problem though. I don't think I should be expected to forget something just because it happened over a year ago. The main event has this problem too, but not nearly as much. And its not like Jericho has been booked strong since then. He's been a glorified jobber like Kane, putting over the likes of Curtis Axel, Ryback, and Rob Van Dam before he left. Speaking of RVD, both he and Jericho are former WWE champions, but it seems like I'm just supposed to forget that too. The Miz is a former WWE champion and even main evented WrestleMania, so it makes sense that he'd be one of the top midcard guys with the intercontinental title. But that came out of nowhere. Look at the way he's been booked from WrestleMania 27 to now. Its a total clusterfuck of madness. No one in their right mind would book a main event guy that way or even a jobber, so why is it okay for midcarders?

I understand that the midcard is a little different because like you said, its not the strongest guys or the weakest guys. But shouldn't some at least be stronger or weaker than others? There still needs to be some variety. Ranking the midcard is nearly impossible. Wins and losses aren't even the main problem either. The biggest issue is that they can't make up their minds which talent they want to showcase. Remember when just a month ago it seemed like Adam Rose was going to be an important part of the midcard? Now he's nowhere to be seen. And whatever happened to Goldust and Stardust? It seemed like they were going to eventually be serious tag-team title contenders. Now they just have those weird backstage segments. The only midcard guy that I feel has been booked really consistently is Rusev, and thats just because he's squashing everybody.

Sheamus is stronger than all. And so are some others, but I get your point with the former WWE champions.

This happens when the WWE relies on one or two guys everytime, with a Miz, Del Rio, Ziggler, etc. title run in between from time to time.

Archived