Your preferred Undertaker

Vapor

Inspired by the Hogan topic, thought this would be really interesting since Undertaker's had so many different personas and looks. What is your favorite Undertaker? Here are some Taker eras:

WESTERN MORTICIAN

Time: '90-'93

Characteristics: mullet, very pale skin, sometimes had a black crow with him.

6s89c8.jpg

ORIGINAL DEADMAN

Time: '93-'96

Characteristics: started wearing purple or blue gloves and a matching tie.

o92rea.jpg

LORD OF DARKNESS

Time: '96-'99

Characteristics: got more tattoos, sometimes had a teardrop painted below his eye, ditched the purple colors and the tie.

20l7av.jpg

MINISTRY

Time: '99

Characteristics: grew a longer goatee, often had a cross design in his outfits, sometimes had cool leather bat wings, became more Satanistic and sometimes even sacrificed people.

3012blj.jpg

AMERICAN BAD ASS

Time: '00-'02

Characteristics: became much more human, no more lights dimming and superpowers, rode a motorcycle to the ring, started wearing bandannas and sunglasses.

vxl182.jpg

BIG EVIL

Time: '02-'03

Characteristics: was often heel, rode a motorcycle to the ring, wore bandannas, sunglasses and sometimes hoodies, sometimes carried a biker chain with him.

257hbop.png

HYBRID DEADMAN

Time: '04-'05

Characteristics: the superpowers returned, began wearing long leather jackets and a cowboy hat, but in the beginning, had a Big Evil-era bandanna under his cowboy hat, began growing his hair.

11wawsj.jpg

THE DEADMAN

Time: '05-'11

Characteristics: the Hybrid Deadman formed into a complete Deadman with superpowers, long leather jackets and cowboy hats. This era is in-ring prime Undertaker.

wiscvs.jpg

DEFENDING THE STREAK

Time: '11 -present (?)

Characteristics: shaved mohawk hair, less muscular physique, spiked hooded leather jacket, had a Ministry-era goatee during his feud with Lesnar.

294tdfr.png

I agreed with you guys, Taker hasn't had a single persona that I don't like, they're all great. After much thinking, I gotta say The Deadman ('05-'11) is my favorite, that's prime Taker for me. It's followed by the bad assness of ABA and Lord of Darkness. The first Taker persona Western Mortician is my least favorite, since not even Taker can make a curly ginger mullet intimidating. If I had to rank the Taker eras, I'd put them like this:

1. The Deadman

2. American Bad Ass

3. Lord of Darkness

4. Big Evil

5. Ministry

6. Hybrid Deadman

7. Defending the Streak

8. Original Deadman

9. Western Mortician

I hope Kane is next :D
Or Punk

I actually thought about making a Kane one before this. I could definitely do it. Punk too.

Kane could go like:

Debut ('97-'99)

Inverted ('99-'00)

Brothers of Destruction ('00-02)

Half mask ('02-'03)

Unmasked psycho ('03-'04)

Unmasked ('04-'11)

Resurrected ('11-'13)

Corporate ('13-'14)

Current masked ('14 -present)

And Punk could go:

Straight Edge Superstar

Straight Edge Savior

Masked

New Nexus

Best in the World

Buzzcut Heel

Sideburns BITW

Lord of Darkness for me. I was never a big fan of BikerTaker as it just seemed to come out of nowhere. All the other versions of the character seemed to be evoultions off of the original concept (with Lord of Darkness being that right blend of comic book brought to life and scary badass).

Overall I enjoyed all his personas. I just wish he had better matches as Ministry Taker. That character was flawless but his matches as Ministry Taker were so bad at times. Like that horrible match with Shamrock at Backlash 99. He was mostly Austin's bitch during that era. But far as match quality I'd say his best persona is Streak Taker. Minus the one with Lesnar.

Archived