Anyone else hoping for a budget in Universe Mode?

EstebanThe17

I really hope that in 2k15 Universe will actually need some management. I loved the GM mode back in the days, and Universe is quite alright but I miss that special something, which would no longer be a problem if I had to take care of a certain budget.

I thought of it like this:

Superstars & Divas are put into seperate categories going from:

Jobber, Undercard, Midcard, Uppermidcard, Main Event, Legend

obviously you'd need to pay them more the higher their status is.

You'd also need to put in effort to make a Jobber or Undercard guy to a popular Main Eventer or even Legend, like back in 2008 when you could let them do movies, sign autographs etc.

However if you can't afford to pay an Main Eventer anymore, his contract won't be renewed and he becomes a Free Agent. It might take some time but he eventually loses popularity and you can resign him for less money. Same goes for active guys in the Main Event who end up losing feud after feud and see themselves stranded in the midcard.
If someone makes it to the "Legend", he won't lose his popularity anymore, as it's a really long way between Main Eventer and WWE Legend.

Also when creating CAW's you can select which status they will have in Universe from the start. Did you create Bo Dallas? Put him in the midcard if you like. Did you create Sting/Goldberg etc.? Let him be a Legend, or do you want him to start as a Jobber? Main Eventer? It's up to you.

Another cool thing would be the twitter feature - like in NBA 2k14 people express their opinions about your shows and maybe even dream matches. So if you want to keep your ratings up high you better sooner or later set up a dream match feud to keep your fans satisfied with your product.

You could also throw in merch sales etc. if you like (Maybe even design these by yourself and the crowd actually wears them - quite unrealistic, but I can dream ;) )

EDIT: Oh and I want an empty match card before every show, that'd be great! :D

those are basically my ideas for a - for me - perfect Universe mode.

Really interested in what you guys think about it, and what your ideas are!

I would want that to be an option that can be turned on and off. Everyone would be happy. I wouldn't want to limit my Universe game play because of virtual cash.

couldn't you also have unlimited money in 2008's GM mode?

I generally agree having an option to switch it on and off is the best way to do it., though

The brand split is dead, there hasn't been a GM on a show in quite a while and they've said multiple times that the game should reflect the current day product. So something like this wouldn't make any sense to put in. It's not 2007 anymore. They do however need to make Universe Mode more immersing with much improved presentation though that's for sure. Adding "Owner Mode" type stuff to the Universe would be cool and all but I'm just not sure what the point would be.

The brand split is dead, there hasn't been a GM on a show in quite a while and they've said multiple times that the game should reflect the current day product. So something like this wouldn't make any sense to put in. It's not 2007 anymore. They do however need to make Universe Mode more immersing with much improved presentation though that's for sure. Adding "Owner Mode" type stuff to the Universe would be cool and all but I'm just not sure what the point would be.

Personally it always gets quite repetivtive after like 1-2 years. I have access to every superstar I want, can have 5 brands if I want with 4 PPV's each month including possibly every feud I ever wanted to see. And thats okay in someway, but for me it would be a lot more interesting if I'd actually need to put in somekinda work to make a guy a Main Eventer etc. I'd worship (hope thats the right word) the presence of guys like The Rock, Y2J etc. a lot more than I do now in my 2k14 roster, because I can't have all of them around at the same time & as long as I want.

So we should take weapon headshot animations and blood out of the game?

Just because it isn't current does not mean it should be exempt. BTW brad maddox and vickie were technically GM characters up until the last few months.

I like your idea.

I would like to see the following too (with an on/off option to please everyone):

1- Match and card rating system.

The bigger the names involved, the bigger the storyline, the hotter the feud the higher the overall rating, also taking into consideration the match type, amount of moves performed, OMG! spots, etc...

2- Better rivalry manager.

Have more rivalry options. Title feud, betrayal, one Vs Authority figures, one Vs stable, grudge, Best in the world feud (two wrestlers claiming they are the best), manager betrayal, manager introducing new client and targets big name, etc...

Each of such rivalries will have a different set of cutscenes which are generated randomly. So for example if you do two title feuds, they won't have the same scenes, but instead they will have for example a set of 5 common scenes and 5 random scenes from a total of 25 title feud specific scenes.

I like your idea.

I would like to see the following too (with an on/off option to please):

Have more rivalry options. Title feud, betrayal, one Vs Authority figures, one Vs stable, grudge, Best in the world feud (two wrestlers claiming they are the best), manager betrayal, manager introducing new client and targets big name, etc...

Each of such rivalries will have a different set of cutscenes which are generated randomly. So for example if you do two title feuds, they won't have the same scenes, but instead they will have for example a set of 5 common scenes and 5 random scenes from a total of 25 title feud specific scenes.

I so want them to add the rivalry story title at least. That would give us that story related cut scenes.

The only thing I enjoyed from the past GM modes is the ability to choose the rivalry title. And then allow us to have some sort of intergender story lines. Like the stalker one from the past games or the cheating girlfriend. That involves two guys and a girl which I don't see as a problem bcuz the girl will normally manage the superstar.

That's a great idea.

Imagine creating your own company from the ground up to compete with WWE. So you start with little budget, and that has to cover signing talent, and making your arena (bigger parts cost more, of course!).

That would be great.

I like your idea.

I would like to see the following too (with an on/off option to please):

I so want them to add the rivalry story title at least. That would give us that story related cut scenes.

The only thing I enjoyed from the past GM modes is the ability to choose the rivalry title. And then allow us to have some sort of intergender story lines. Like the stalker one from the past games or the cheating girlfriend. That involves two guys and a girl which I don't see as a problem bcuz the girl will normally manage the superstar.

I like both ideas, the money management and a better rivalry manager. Have it to where it can be turned off though for those that don't want to play like that.

I remember those storylines. lol The cheating girlfriend could be very beneficial in my universe because I tend to have a lot of girls managing their boyfriends/husbands. lol

Could you imagine having Lita cheat on Matt with Jeff. That would be interesting to play out, esp if they had the ratings system, to see if they fans would like it or hate, probably hate it but still would be interesting (to me) to play out, anyways. I always thought Lita fitted more with Jeff, anyways. (Though, he was with Beth) but still...

SVR 2011 showed the same scenes over.

*Oh look I have a ticket to my own job* scene

*Extends hand for hand shake, slaps hand* scene

*Mystery substitute opponent* scene

*take you from behind before the match starts*

I know but at least they happened a lot. Since they added more scenes, I don't get them at all

So we should take weapon headshot animations and blood out of the game?

Just because it isn't current does not mean it should be exempt. BTW brad maddox and vickie were technically GM characters up until the last few months.

No. Hell no. But I'm surprised WWE hasn't taken it out TBH with how anti-blood they are and all the things we've learned about concussions. I know it's just a video game, but the WWE has a reputation to uphold! :P

Archived