Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:07 AM

Nah don't ruin it. I didn't mean just any random character like that 

#1542 Generations

Generations

You want to see something...really scary?

• Members
  • 91,688 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

Unfortunately, a big game with a bunch of movie icons is not likely to ever happen, due to licensing fees and intellectual property rights. It's almost the same as wishing for a WWE vs NJPW game. The reason why we can have a handful of cameos in fighting games, is because it's a much more approachable business model to pitch working with one or two characters than it is to bring all those licenses together to build a game that doesn't yet exist. Mortal Kombat is an established franchise with a large fan base. Same goes for Smash Brothers. They can get some surprising IPs in the game, because it has such a huge fanbase, and the property owners see that there is profit to be made in allowing it. No one would lend their IPs to an untested new franchise that might be a flop...and the cost of making such a game would be astronomical. Instead of paying for one or two guest characters, you'd be paying for an entire roster. It would never make enough money in sales to warrant paying all the usage rights. 

Frankly, I'm surprised that Dead by Daylight has as many IPs as it does. But, again...that's adding content one at a time, as the game grows and sees success. It didn't start with everyone that is currently in it. If you're talking about launching a game without a proven following, that would be tons of overhead.

Edited by Generations, 10 October 2019 - 02:51 PM.

#1543 Salvaje Beast

Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

Yeah good point

#1544 A.O.L.

A.O.L.

Legend

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

Crazy how since Terminator was released he's been my most used. Lol Been kicking ass with him online even.

#1545 Jeb ★

Jeb ★

Black Lotus

• Global Moderator
  • 40,509 posts
  • SEN (PS3): jeb2830
  • Twitter: @jeb2830

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:32 PM

https://twitter.com/...9263669248?s=19

#1546 Salvaje Beast

Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:24 PM

Meh, I probably wouldn't even spend time crystals on that 

#1547 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,688 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:50 AM

I bought it. I mean...it's a rip-off...but...HALLOWEEN!

#1548 A.O.L.

A.O.L.

Legend

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:19 AM

Something fun. But shouldn't have to pay for it if you have the Kombat Pack imo. But hey, I think it's cute for Halloween. Why not? Take more of my money NRS. Lol

#1549 TheTRIsetMaster908

TheTRIsetMaster908

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,733 posts
  • Gamertag: triset908
  • SEN (PS3): triset908
  • Steam ID: triset908
  • Twitter: trisetmaster908

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:02 AM

Eh I'd buy it to have everything. In MKX I got everything BUT the Soccer costumes

#1550 A.O.L.

A.O.L.

Legend

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

Yeah I got the soccer gear last in MKX. And have you unlocked ALL the costumes? I need like 5 to 6 for each person.

#1551 Generations

Generations

• Members
  • 91,688 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 03:29 PM

Unlocked all costumes? *Censored* no. :lol:

I'm trying my damnedest, but the unlocks never give me anything but shit. I'm slowly working through the ones that you get in towers...but, the krypt is such a crapshoot, honestly. Lol.

#1552 A.O.L.

A.O.L.

Legend

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, I gave up a min ago. Luckily I have most the ones I wanted. Lls

#1553 Salvaje Beast

Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:10 AM

The gear system is a cute gimmick for Injustice 2 and MK 11 but I really hope it's not a long term thing. MK X did well with alternates, klassics and original/themed costumes.

At the very least do a ton of gear but let us be able to customize the coloring for any gear item. Really hate finally unlocking gear/skins I like but having them be random color schemed

#1554 A.O.L.

A.O.L.

Legend

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

They just released a gameplay trailer for Sindel. *censored*ing epic. I'm mobile. But check it out.

#1555 Jeb ★

Jeb ★

Black Lotus

• Global Moderator
  • 40,509 posts
  • SEN (PS3): jeb2830
  • Twitter: @jeb2830

Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

#1556 Salvaje Beast

Salvaje Beast

Zondo

• Members
  • 14,925 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

I liked what I saw

#1557 Spamming Nooblet

Spamming Nooblet

Hammer Time

• Members
  • 7,633 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Im2DamnLegit
  • Steam ID: ultimateshadow10

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:49 PM

I never cared about Sindel, not even in the 90s but, damn they make these character trailers hype af

#1558 Scott Eastwood

Scott Eastwood

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:23 PM

Unfortunately, a big game with a bunch of movie icons is not likely to ever happen, due to licensing fees and intellectual property rights. It's almost the same as wishing for a WWE vs NJPW game. The reason why we can have a handful of cameos in fighting games, is because it's a much more approachable business model to pitch working with one or two characters than it is to bring all those licenses together to build a game that doesn't yet exist. Mortal Kombat is an established franchise with a large fan base. Same goes for Smash Brothers. They can get some surprising IPs in the game, because it has such a huge fanbase, and the property owners see that there is profit to be made in allowing it. No one would lend their IPs to an untested new franchise that might be a flop...and the cost of making such a game would be astronomical. Instead of paying for one or two guest characters, you'd be paying for an entire roster. It would never make enough money in sales to warrant paying all the usage rights. 

Frankly, I'm surprised that Dead by Daylight has as many IPs as it does. But, again...that's adding content one at a time, as the game grows and sees success. It didn't start with everyone that is currently in it. If you're talking about launching a game without a proven following, that would be tons of overhead.

I'd actually wish they would do a GOT version of this game