Mortal Kombat Series (MK 11)

LuisTX85

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never played a MK game... but I'm getting this! Awesome trailer, especially the ending!! Wonder if it'll have a Character creation?

hopefully not, will only cause balance issues.

I just heard about his yesterday. MK9 or whatever it was called was great. It is awesome that they are finally doing MK right after so many lackluster games in this series, it finally returned to it's dark, eerie, violent roots. Hope the new game is more of the same, but this time they make the bosses playable and add Kintaro and Motaro to the muther *censored*ing mix.

I don't have a link right now but this info has been mentioned a few times in another forum..

"Mortal Kombat X is looking to combine a unique cinematic presentaton, hinted at in the trailer [above] with all-new gameplay thats set to change the way we approach Mortal Kombat in the future. The game will feature a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

The game will also feature the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character, affecting both strategy and fighting style, and will boast an original story showcasing some of the games most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Hopefully the story is a continuation of MK9. Sub Zero should be in the game and so should all the other characters who died. They can be playable but dont have to be featured in the story.

Some small tidbits from Ed Boon via twitter

will the story in mortal kombat X Kontinue from mk9 or be a new original story

EB: Sort of BOTH.. hard 2 explain."

are we going to see new fighters in the MK X?

EB: YES! Two of my new favoriates will be at E3 !!"

so the 'X' has multiple meanings, right? #MKX

EB: Yea. X can be used in a number of ways. That worked out nicely."

wanna see some gameplay!! #MKX

EB: Are you going to E3 ?"

you showing gameplay of MKX at E3?

EB: YES! You might also see gameplay in a "surprise" game injustry event!

will fatalities be as gory and good as mk9's? #MortalKombatX

EB: When UC Scorpion's 2nd, you will flip your s**t !"

In regards of Kratos and Freddie, I did enjoy playing as Freddie and would like to see more guest characters from horror movies along with new/old ones like they did with MK9. Possibly seeing Predator would be kickass.

Well the box art has been revealed. Shows Scorpion getting ready to toss his spear with a black background. I dont mind him on the cover, seeing as how he is Boon's favorite. Just kinda want something more like the previous MK cover.

Archived