Has Daniel Bryan plateaued?

XXX.

According to PWInsider.com, Daniel Bryan's WWE future in the next few months should be interesting to see play out as there are several higher ups in WWE who feel Bryan is not actually over, but it's the "Yes" chant which is over. Those same officials feel Bryan plateaued when he won the WWE World Title at WrestleMania 30.

With regards to how Daniel Bryan carries himself backstage, which might play into how he is booked in the future, it's said Bryan has very little ego, and while other superstars might argue their position in WWE with creative/officials, Bryan never does and instead does as he's told.

It remains to be seen whether or not Bryan "cools off" and is bumped from his top spot, or if he will remain hot as a character along with the popular "Yes" chant.

Source: Wrestlezone

In my opinion, I don't think Daniel Bryan has plateaued, I think the sky is the limit for the Daniel Bryan but WWE poorly booked him after such a huge Wrestlemania win. Instead of feeding off that momentum and having him conquer some more huge challenges, they put him in a feud with Kane. It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight (Extreme Rules) and where they go next. I just hope they give him a better storyline to be involved in. Opinions?

Oh look, the underdog that everyone cried about getting buried is now at the top and guess what, we'll now go cry that he's at the top, cause that other guy who had two matches so far on NXT should be the face of this company.. well, until 2 years time, when that guy is too popular and obviously the next guy to debut on NXT should be at the top 'cause those two can't even wrestle.

I pity the fools... only WWE creative/booking can make Daniel Bryan look bad and it is already beginning. He is feuding with frickin' Kane of all people first? Next it will be Orton or Batista with the way they are going.

This would actually be the perfect time for CM Punk to return or for Chris Jericho to return or for William Regal to return (on TV) or for Lesnar all to feud with DB instead of the rehashed feuds that can turn fans on him. Through boredom aka 'same ole shit'

Bryan vs. Heel Cena would be good, but WWE don't have the brain cells to do that

This is true too. If Cena was heel right now...like, not a little bit, but a full-on, ruthless bastard heel...things could be pretty damn interesting. He would need to go full Hogan.

The Kane feud isn't/wasn't as bad as you guys make out considering the circumstances. Bryan ran into the same problem Austin did when he made it too, and that's lack of credible challengers. After Austin won there were no clear cut challengers for him to defend against so they had to elevate Foley as Dude Love back into the title picture, especially since he was an ex partner of Austin, it worked. Exact same problem Bryan ran into now. Since everyone else was preoccupied they had to elevate Kane, Bryan's ex partner, into the scene to give him a feud. It hasn't been the most compelling stuff possible but serviceable given the circumstances.

The Kane feud isn't/wasn't as bad as you guys make out considering the circumstances. Bryan ran into the same problem Austin did when he made it too, and that's lack of credible challengers. After Austin won there were no clear cut challengers for him to defend against so they had to elevate Foley as Dude Love back into the title picture, especially since he was an ex partner of Austin, it worked. Exact same problem Bryan ran into now. Since everyone else was preoccupied they had to elevate Kane, Bryan's ex partner, into the scene to give him a feud. It hasn't been the most compelling stuff possible but serviceable given the circumstances.

Exactly. I still don't like Kane as an opponent...but you're right. Everyone else was preoccupied. Like I said though...the next challenger for the title should be Cesaro. Lesnar is nowhere to be seen, so Heyman's only current client is Cesaro. Logically, Heyman should want to take Cesaro to the world title.

I'm glad that Daniel Bryan is the champion but his promos feel completely scripted(Not his own work). I wish that he could come up with his own material on the mic so I wouldn't need to change the channel when he's talking.

Wrestling abilities: Excellent

Microphone abilities: Poor

WWE should try to let Daniel Bryan come up with his own material instead of trying to bury him. Most of Stone Cold's/Rock's/CM Punk's promos(Before the Ryback/axel feud) felt unscripted and I felt their passion. The only passion I can feel during a DB promo is the crowd's passion.

Honestly, this is a problem with most of the roster and I would like to see the Wrestlers/Superstars/Divas come up with their own promos and only use creative to get some feedback. That is the only way any of them(Daniel Bryan included) will be able to overcome their "Plateau".

I think what it is that most of us got what we wanted and now some of us want something else. It's always been like this, you have a favorite that you want to see reach the top and once he gets there, you find a new favorite you want to see reach the top. I'm a Bryan fan, always have and always will, I'm glad he is champion and as long as he is out in good fueds and I'm entertained then I would like to see him stay champion, if his reign gets stagnant or stale then I want to see a change.

Archived