Mick Foley not in 2K15 (?)

Generations

Below is a direct quote from Foley's Facebook page:

LEGENDS DEAL

To deal..or not to deal - that is the question. As some of you may have heard, at this point, I am opting not to sign my Legends Marketing Deal, which gives ?#?WWE? the right to market my likeness on video games and action figures. I'll be writing in more detail about this in the next week or so, but it would be fair to say that, despite strong sales, I have found the payoffs for the past two video games to be extremely weak - in the 25% range of what most talent was expecting.

Last year, the explanation had something to do with the video game company going bankrupt - a real shame for me, since I was heavily featured as three characters from the "Attitude" era, complete with voice work. I haven't heard this year's explanation yet, but, personally. I think the #WWE just wants to see if the talent will accept a far lower percentage than had previously been given. If so, it would proably be a good business move for #WWE, since very few current wrestlers are going to jeapordize their standing with the company by offering resistance - and most legends will probably come to feel like anything they get from merchandise is better than nothing. As for me: until I hear a valid reason, I'm opting out.

To be fair, this doesn't necessarily mean that 2K15 is out the question (I don't know how far the previous deal extends to), but it will surely affect the release after 2K15 (assuming it doesn't affect 2K15 itself, which it might).

I put this in the roster chat, with credit to you, but for reasoning to settle a discussion that had been occurring over there. I believe this quote does prove that current talent does get royalties for games (as the uso's confirmed last year), where as another user was saying they do not since they are under wwe contract.

His roster deal probably is weak due to him not being a huge draw to their games. I mean, who plays with Mick Foley? Who would buy a game because mick Foley was in it? Sad but true facts

'13=CACTUS F*****G JACK!!!!

His roster deal probably is weak due to him not being a huge draw to their games. I mean, who plays with Mick Foley? Who would buy a game because mick Foley was in it? Sad but true facts

Eh...I love Foley. His model has been utter shit in recent years, but I still play as him.

I like Foley but unless this is a legit concern to him and other talent, (I'm not fully aware of the details) it does seem that he's making a bigger deal out of things than he should be. he's been kind of annoying here lately. I don't know if he's just trying to sell a story or if he's just trying to remain relevant. I would want him and his personas in the game personally. hell I didn't even play as him much over the last few years because the move sets of been terrible in these games and they just now made the mandible claw a breaking point submission last year. this is not his fault though. there's been a major issues with these games for several years. he doesn't understand why they're doing bad probably, he's just worried about a paycheck. I can't blame him but while I do like the guy and what he's done for the business, him being in the game or not is not going to determine sales. honestly it's for the fans and he still getting a paycheck.

it's typical, just as his moveset had got better in WWE '13 / 2K14, with all the moves they added - his standing facebuster, corner punches with bang bang taunt, seated corner knee attack, more realistic double arm DDT, stump puller piledriver (best piledriver ever IMO) and his cactus clothesline which i've wanted in the game for years.

Why does "that'll put some butts in seats" spring to mind? I loved origional mankind (bown attire) and cactus jack.

Can't say I blame him. WWE would pay minimum wage if they could whittle it down to that.

I agree. Sane company that classifies their wrestlers as independent contractors to avoid paying health benefits while every office employee and ring crew member has it.

Pretty selfish of him to screw out all of his fans from playing as him just because he doesn't think the pay is worth enough. If the past games is anything to go by, legends doesn't even get their body and face scanned or even have to do any of the mo-cap. So why does he feel entitled to get pay big cash for literally doing nothing?

Pretty selfish of him to screw out all of his fans from playing as him just because he doesn't think the pay is worth enough. If the past games is anything to go by, legends doesn't even get their body and face scanned or even have to do any of the mo-cap. So why does he feel entitled to get pay big cash for literally doing nothing?

i don't feel screwed. it's his choice and reason not ours.

He must be having money problems if he's trying to squeeze more out of it.

Doubt it, Mick has a lot of money saved up. Plus, he does stand up all the time now. He travels as much as the current roster does nowadays.

Foley deserves credit and respect for what he's done for the business and him and everyone else deserves fair pay. I'm sure they can agree on something down the road but I can't imagine it being a really huge payday for everyone anyway. its just a video game likeness. I don't want to undercut it for anyone because they deserve a good paycheck, but I feel like he's nitpicking. maybe he's looking for a way out and just throwing all these cards on the table. x-pac mentioned his pay a couple of years ago. makes you wonder. was it xpac just being him, or was it really that bad?

Nobody got scanned since wwf attitude until gabriel tevealed he recently did. Yukes used reference pics and computers. Its shown in the smackdown vs raw (09 or 11) making of video. Wrestlers also dont do their mo cap. Thq/ 2k hire independent wrestlers (chris hero is doing 2k15 as he posted on twitter, and dh smith did the mo cap 2 or 3 yesrs ago).

Tell me you did not just say that!

You've played WWE 13, right? If so than you would know the exact opposite is true. The whole selling point of the game was based on it's attitude era, and they based the sections of the story around Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Steve Austin, Undertaker, Kane, Mick Foley and The Rock. So yeah, people did by the game to play as him.

Under what logic would someone who's used as THREE *censored*ING CHARACTERS in the game be rationalized as "no one wanted to play with me."?

He has a very valid point. If you're used as multiple different characters in the game than your pay should be at least adequate, regardless on if someone thinks players are picking you or not.

I swear, the ignorance displayed by people is starting to get impressive.

And to the guy above me. Mick Foley is being selfish? Obviously you have no reference point, because no one has ever cared to use your likeness, but if Foley doesn't think he's getting paid what he should be than he has every right to decline. If anything you're being a spoiled selfish brat because you won't be able to play as him. He doesn't seem to be demanding a ransom. He just wants what he feels is proper pay for his usage. There is nothing wrong with that. If anything, if there is a complaint to be made it should go to 2K. If you want him in the game that much let 2K know. To some people it might not be a big deal. Either way, if Mick Foley doesn't feel like he's been paid properly when they used his likeness for 3 different characters he has every right to decline in the future.

I really hope 2k just puts an effort into the current roster. I love playing as legends but I find myself using more current guys and I'd be fine with CAW legends. Also either way I'd love to see a huge roster of like 120 wrestlers this year, would be cool.

Archived