Do you think.... ( MAJOR WM SPOILERS)

SameerExtinct

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the Undertaker should have retired without the Streak ending ?

• The Streak should have not ended
    • The ending of the Streak is the right choice

Entertainment is designed to toy with your emotions, it's meant to produce great sadness and great joy. If you're not serious about it it's quite hard to get so emotionally invested into what you're watching, reading or whatever. People take joy from not getting too deep into it and others prefer to get really into it, serious and all.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His streak made the fans expect him to come back every year, whether he was fighting fit or not. He could have left undefeated, but then WWE loses a big draw - "is the undertaker gonna wrestle this year?" and we'd get disappointed if he doesn't.

this way, with the streak broken, he doesn't have to worry about that pressure to come back and put on a match he isn't healthy enough to put on, and people get some hype out of whomever beat him. in this case, brock lesnar gets to be "the guy that beat undertaker" and paul heyman gets to be "the manager that beat the undertaker", which is gonna really help establish any more paul heyman guys that come along.

I didn't like that lesnar was the one to do it, and in such a sub-par match, but I guess the unlikeliness of it really contributed to the shock factor. it makes sense that an established heel who "feasibly could beat him but most likely wouldn't" is the one to put him away for that reason.

so yeah for his sake, I'm glad he lost. there's no pressure for him to compete any more but he's got a remarkable legacy that won't be beaten any time soon.

While I didn't think the streak should have ended either, I'm certainly not going to cry about it :lol: That's just so incredibly lame. People get WAYYY too emotionally wrapped up in this stuff, it's just entertainment for crying out loud.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Undertaker-lose-Lesnar-Wrestlemania-fan-reaction-1.png

I was genuinely shocked too, but this guy just looks like a damn buffoon :XD:

Seriously?

People take this way too seriously. It's entertainment.

This post gave me cancer. Entertainment doesn't mean it's to be taken light-heartedly, entertainment is there to take you on an emotional ride. If you think you're supposed to take it all (books, movies, TV shows, sports) with a pinch of salt then you're interpreting the meaning of "entertainment" wrong.

While I didn't think the streak should have ended either, I'm certainly not going to cry about it :lol: That's just so incredibly lame. People get WAYYY too emotionally wrapped up in this stuff, it's just entertainment for crying out loud.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Undertaker-lose-Lesnar-Wrestlemania-fan-reaction-1.png

Seriously?

I hope you don't allow yourself to get numb to everything out of intelligence.

Seriously?

Nice obsession you have there with Paige, buddy :cool:

Friend of Dazman's by chance?

Seriously?

What has that got to so with the subject at hand? A random retort with mention of a banned member, can't think of what to reply by chance?

Seriously?

I thought Edge(y) retired a couple years ago?

Lesnar didn't carry Taker considering Lesnar as well was tired and botched a pretty decent amount of moves.

I don't recall seeing Brock botch at all. Lesnar wasn't blown up to the point where everything he did looked weak either.

He was still drowning in his own sweat

lmfao how pathetic, you're literally grasping at straws at this point.

Regardless, Taker wanted him to do it. It's his streak, whoever he wanted, he wanted. Deal with it.

according to a bunch of dirtsheets!

Seriously?

He's alright and definitely much better than your comebacks.

Archived