Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Also, it sucks that Dragon Ball Super is released every month or so.

Heroes, you mean? Super was on every week before it went on hiatus early last year to focus on Broly lol

No, Super. I don't remember what Heroes is, even though Dokkan Battle mentioned it, but I enjoy reading Super. Isn't Super's monthly release causing the anime to be slower and have more fillers and stuff? I also heard the anime don't follow the manga much because of how ahead it is, like Games of Throne.

Guest Fight Me.

Oh, the manga lol The show was actually ahead of the manga when it was active. Now the manga's ahead cause it still hasn't come back and hasn't had the chance to affect it yet. If anything, the manga was affected cause they didn't want it to be just like the anime. They are only taking their time with bringing back the anime because they don't want another episode 5 to happen and get meme'd lmao

And Heroes is just a promotional anime to promote the game of the same name. There's a little over a handful of episodes, they're like 10 mins long and just straight fan service lol

Guest Fight Me.

wtf is episode 5?

Ah I see. It has the characters as chibis, right?

Yup.

ES6S74D.jpg

I still cringe whenever I rewatch this. It sucks a lot of people ain't give Super a chance cause this blew up and people think the whole show looks like this. By the time they get to the Black arc, it gets better. And by the time TOP came around, shit was beautiful. Especially the important episodes whenever they took a week off. I don't think people get they were on some South Park shit tryna get these episodes done week to week lol

It's also an animator-thingy. Can't remember which one of the two it was, but either Naoki Tate or Naotoshi Shida tend to go for I dunno, fluidity and movement over keeping the character model intact. So the animation when it moves looks fluid, but the art/drawing itself is compromised and in episode 5, that went to an extreme where the art was shit.

Different examples are Goku/Trunks vs. Black/Zamasu, Hit vs. Goku at the U6/U7-tournament..most of the U6/U7-tournament actually, Assassin Mode Hit vs. Goku on Earth in a major way, part of the first fight between incomplete Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren and the start of Hit vs. Jiren. The Broly-movie kind of too.

It's the style of the animator and lots of people like it, but I'm personally not a fan of it most of the time. Although with Shida, I'm often at a crossroads with it. One moment I find myself annoyed at how twitchy everything is, how rapid the camera movement it to the point I feel like I'm in a rollercoaster where someone pressed a fast-forward button, how odd he makes fluids, smoke and aura look and all that, but then I'll watch a scene like Gear 4 Snakeman Luffy vs. Katakuri in One Piece or MUI "muh friends" Goku vs. Limit Breaker Jiren and get blown away. So in the case of Shida, it's complicated. For me.

But Tate just about never leaves a good impression on me.

Man i wouldnt even count them early episodes of Super tbh since they were just rereleases of the movies. Once the Goku Black arc hit we were lookin great and the TOP was incredible looking at alot of points. Even Dragonball Heroes looks clean as *Censored* so if nothing else im glad they are putting effort back into the animation. I cant wait to see how Season 2 gon look compared to the movie

wtf is episode 5?

Ah I see. It has the characters as chibis, right?

Yup.

ES6S74D.jpg

I still cringe whenever I rewatch this. It sucks a lot of people ain't give Super a chance cause this blew up and people think the whole show looks like this. By the time they get to the Black arc, it gets better. And by the time TOP came around, shit was beautiful. Especially the important episodes whenever they took a week off. I don't think people get they were on some South Park shit tryna get these episodes done week to week lol

Yikes. I'm glad I was told to watch the movies instead of the first season. Cuz like, holy shit.

Okay...finally started DB Super. It's a really fun show. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I was surprised by the amount of casual curse words being thrown around. I'm not one of those "cursing makes things better" people...but it kinda does in this case. Just makes the entire show feel a bit more adult oriented and more believable that these warriors would use those words from time to time.

Also, I'm not having any problems with the animation or the overall quality of the early episodes. I watched 11 episodes last night, and I never saw a serious drop or raise in quality at any point. Maybe they went back and remastered those janky episodes at some point? I don't know...but I really like this show. Even the filler episodes are entertaining...which is something I could never say for Dragonball, Dragonball Z, or Dragonball GT. I mean...I watched an episode of Super where Vegeta took Bulma and Trunks on a tropical vacation, culminating with him being inked by an octopus and calling said octopus an "impudent tentacled bastard"...and I loved every second of it. :lol:

Also about the animation - I can see that it's very digital looking...and maybe that's the main complaint that people have about it. But, after watching a combined 508 episodes of DB, DBZ, and DBGT in letterbox format, I'm loving a show in full widescreen and crisp HD.

Guest Fight Me.

Watching it all instead of watching the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movies and just skipping straight to episode 28? You know what, respect lol

They're lucky the Super dub airs on Toonami here when it comes to the language. :lol:

I've just been watching on the Funimation app/website...so everything is uncut. Like...during the Buu Saga, when Buu punched Babidi's head clean off and a waterfall of blood came spewing forth like a scene from Kill Bill. Lmao.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, it won't be done for like another 30 weeks. Doubt it'll be added to Funimation asap, I remember the last episode on there for the longest was randomly in the middle of the Black arc.

But yeah, if anything, Crunchyroll is free and legal way to watch it subbed. Premium if you wanna watch without ads, but I don't mind them too much honestly lol

Oh, yeah...I have no problem just watching the subbed ones. I don't mind watching a show in Japanese at all. I just find it more convenient to watch the dubs when I can (so I can watch the action instead of reading the words). Also, I grew up with the characters sounding a certain way...so I'm just used to the English voices for the characters (they might be a little different these days...but they're still more similar to what I know than the high-pitch Japanese voices).

Finished up the Beerus 'battle of the gods' fight. That was a fun watch. I think I'm going to slow down a bit now that I made it to Super. I was burning through the 500+ episodes of DB, DBZ, and DBGT just because I wanted to get to Super...so, now it's time for me to savor things a bit. Probably go from watching 10-12 episodes a day to only watching one or two.

Guest Fight Me.

Good luck cause the Resurrection F arc is a pain lol But yeah, I would want a little break after consuming that much content of anything too.

Guest Fight Me.

My cousin got Hulu again and they got DB on there, I'm bout to go nuts. ??? It's the sub, but whatever lol

They got GT too...I might give it a watch tbh and watch through my adult eyes. My friend swears he loves this show and all these friends of his too that I think he makes up cause there's no way. :lol:

I gotta stop watching anything Dragon Ball related on YouTube...these manga reviewers out here putting the whole next arc in their thumbnails. Smh.

Guest Fight Me.

Watching the Dragon Ball sub...music wise, there's some bangers that I'm mad jealous aren't in the dub lmao

Wish they had gone back and re-recorded these lines like they did with Z in Kai. Shit sounds so old...but whatever, it's all that's available on Hulu lol

Watching the Dragon Ball sub...music wise, there's some bangers that I'm mad jealous aren't in the dub lmao

Yes. YEEESSSSSS. JOIN US.

On the audio quality, yeah, it's pretty bad. Here's a video on it if you're interested.

BTW, AnimeAjay's stuff is great if you want to look into the production of the show (mainly Super).

Archived