Batman: Arkham Series

Ghost.

What I'm looking forward to is the Batman Arkham Knight Play Arts Kai figures. I've got Harley Quinn from Arkham City, and I've ordered Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum.

As for this Arkham Knight fella, 2 names come to my mind as to who it could be - Azrael and Anarky.

"Only at Walmart"...bugger.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though this is supposed to be a post Arkham City game....I'm not entirely convinced that it is. Everyone one in the game looks younger than they did in Arkham City. Batman, Penguin, Two-Face, even Harley. She actually looks a lot more youthful & her attire is nearly the same as it was in Arkham Asylum. So Rocksteady really has me skeptical whether this is actually a post Arkham Game or whether it's both a sequel to Arkham Origins & a sequel to Arkham City, with portions of the game being set in both time periods.

Even though this is supposed to be a post Arkham City game....I'm not entirely convinced that it is. Everyone one in the game looks younger than they did in Arkham City. Batman, Penguin, Two-Face, even Harley. She actually looks a lot more youthful & her attire is nearly the same as it was in Arkham Asylum. So Rocksteady really has me skeptical whether this is actually a post Arkham Game or whether it's both a sequel to Arkham Origins & a sequel to Arkham City, with portions of the game being set in both time periods.

When I saw the video, part of me thought the same thing in that it could possibly be a sequel to Origins. But at the same time, Harley has looked different in all of the games (no idea why, but she does). Guess we'll have to wait and see when more details are announced.

I think a lot of it may be down to the step up in character models. It could very well just be how Rocksteady envisioned the characters to begin with, and now with fewer limits, they can reach that vision. After all, there has to be a reason for no PS3 or 360 version, otherwise they are leaving 'money on the table' for no reason.

When I saw the video, part of me thought the same thing in that it could possibly be a sequel to Origins. But at the same time, Harley has looked different in all of the games (no idea why, but she does). Guess we'll have to wait and see when more details are announced.

You do make a good point there & that actually didn't cross mind til you mentioned it, but my major critique of that is how she doesn't just look different, she looks younger(like the other characters I mentioned), now could that be because of the new engine they're using for PS4/Xbox One? Absolutely. but it still makes me wonder. Plus if you look at her costume & compare it to the Arkham Asylum costume, it's nearly the same, minus the black eye make up/Robin-esque mask that she had in that game. That's initially why I also pointed to it a sequel to Batman: AO/prequel to Batman:AA

As it is ending the trilogy, the entire game seems unlikely that it would be set before AA. Perhaps jumping through time, maybe?

Yea, I happen to agree with you there. I think that why I think we'll see older version of characters as well, obviously the first trailer is intended to wet our appetites, so to speak, probably why we only saw versions that looked young. At least, imo anyways.

Archived