WWE Network Discussion Thread

WWEFreak69

That would kinda defy the purpose of WWE house shows

Meh...I don't really see how. House shows are just so you can attend an event if you can't make the ones that are actually televised. Having house shows means more events, means it's more likely that one will be in your area. It isn't specifically created to be something that isn't shown to other fans...that's just the way it pans out. If they have the ability to air more shows on the Newtork (which they do), then I don't see why they shouldn't. Just slap a disclaimer on the opening to the show that says "The following event contains matches that do not necessarily reflect the direction of the current televised product."

Yeah. But the WWE wants to test things out in-front of live shows specifically because they don't need to care about a worldwide audience.

House shows also often have future PPV matches on them.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next big Stone Cold Podcast may be just around the corner for subscribers of the WWE Network.

According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, The Vigilante Sting is expected to appear on Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austins show at some point in October.

Past guests on the podcast which have aired on the Network include Vince McMahon, Triple H, Paige, and Paul Heyman.

Hulk Hogan was originally supposed to appear, but was eventually yanked after racist and homophobic comments of his were leaked to the public, forcing World Wrestling Entertainment officials to cut all ties with The Immortal Hulkster.

The next podcast will air on Sept. 7 following Monday Night Raw when seven-time WWE Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian join Austin.

Sting is currently scheduled to challenge Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the Night of Champions pay-per-view on Sept. 20 in Houston.

Austin has been open in the past over how he feels Sting should have gone over in his WrestleMania 31 match with WWE COO Triple H, so it will be interesting to see if The Texas Rattlesnake brings that up.

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/sting-appearance-on-stone-cold-podcast-expected-in-october/40691/

So I was finally able to get WWE Network yesterday and I have a question. I was under the impression it would be more like Netflix in terms of being able to choose what you want to watch whenever you wanted but it's more like a TV channel. So my question is if I wanted to watch an old PPV, say Royal Rumble 2010, do I just have to wait for it to air on the network? Or am I just missing something?

I also missed the past 3 (I think) episodes of Total Divas and was wondering if I'd be able to catch up or not.

So I was finally able to get WWE Network yesterday and I have a question. I was under the impression it would be more like Netflix in terms of being able to choose what you want to watch whenever you wanted but it's more like a TV channel. So my question is if I wanted to watch an old PPV, say Royal Rumble 2010, do I just have to wait for it to air on the network? Or am I just missing something?

I also missed the past 3 (I think) episodes of Total Divas and was wondering if I'd be able to catch up or not.

Theres live TV and an On Demand/Archive section.

Okay, that's what I thought. How do I access the on demand section though?

There's a section called "shows" or something at the top, select that. You should see the logos for WWE, WCW & ECW pop up. Select one of them to see the PPVs from that company. (ie. Royal Rumble & WrestleMania are under WWE, Starrcade & Bash at the Beach are under WCW, and the ECW PPVs are under ECW.)

Canadian version is definitely different. Here's a quote from wikipedia:

The channel itself carries approximately 20 hours of programming each day, seven days a week, drawn directly from the U.S. streaming service's linear channel.[1] The subscription also includes access to a video on demand library with a limited number of offerings, accessible via cable set-top box (somewhat similar to the former WWE Classics on Demand package), but does not currently provide access to the Internet-based on-demand library

I believe the Canadian version is different.

Hope I still have an on demand section though. But yeah, I got the network through Bell and right now it just seems like a channel.

Canadian version is definitely different. Here's a quote from wikipedia:

The channel itself carries approximately 20 hours of programming each day, seven days a week, drawn directly from the U.S. streaming service's linear channel.[1] The subscription also includes access to a video on demand library with a limited number of offerings, accessible via cable set-top box (somewhat similar to the former WWE Classics on Demand package), but does not currently provide access to the Internet-based on-demand library

That's some *censored*ing BS.

My guess is that in order to view the limited VOD offerings, you go to whatever on demand service your cable provider has, and then go to a WWE section and choose from there. Like...in the US, I have comcast, and there is an on demand button right on the remote. When I press that, it opens a guide for on demand, and I can choose to watch shows I missed by choosing a channel or the title of a show or whatever. I'm guessing that is how you view the WWE stuff in Canada...but it's probably just a handful of the most recent shows that aired on the live stream or something.

Yeah, sometimes they air old PPVs in the live feed. This month they'd probably air a couple of past NOC PPVs leading up to this year's. So you probably won't see any Royal Rumbles until like January. :/

Other than that, I think you're probably gonna end up seeing a lot more original content than old.

Can Canadians not even access the Network online? I thought people figured out ways to get US accounts online or something.

Yeah, we can access it through the WWE website and log in with our info from whatever cable provider we have.

But is it just the live stream, or do you get everything?

Can Canadians not even access the Network online? I thought people figured out ways to get US accounts online or something.

Yeah, we can access it through the WWE website and log in with our info from whatever cable provider we have.

Unless your cable provider is Bell in which case you can't even do that -_-

Okay so there goes my hope of watching older PPV's and old NXT stuff. 1 question though (not sure if it's fine I ask here), anyone have an idea of how I'd be able to catch up on Total Divas? I think I missed like the past 3 weeks and was wondering where I may be able to watch them.

was this week's Swerved the series finale? D:

Season Finale

No it was the series finale. There won't be a season 2
Hasn't been confirmed yet. Heath slater replied to a fan on Twitter and said "we better have a season 2", Jeff treamine RT'd a fan saying they wanted season 2. So it hasn't been confirmed or denied yet.

was this week's Swerved the series finale? D:

Season Finale

No it was the series finale. There won't be a season 2
Hasn't been confirmed yet. Heath slater replied to a fan on Twitter and said "we better have a season 2", Jeff treamine RT'd a fan saying they wanted season 2. So it hasn't been confirmed or denied yet.

Oh good, I hope there is a second season

Archived