Jonny Pyro's 2014 Roster [Liz Knight Added 3-25-14]

JonnyPyro

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured that while I wait for some completed, old sites to empty off of my server I'd show off another creation. I really like this one, and think I did the old character justice. Especially when I sit down to create his crowd sign graphics, remembering a few things the original creator always said or talked about back in the heyday of MSN Messenger and VWE/LXW days.

http://youtu.be/idk1PZAzN1k

Theme: Say What You Will - Black Label Society (had to dig this up from VWE to find out what he used)

Signature Moves: FameAsser (BlockBuster)

Finishers: Super Kick

Tag: PYRO (or PYROCAW, can't remember...)

hollywood.jpg

Shawn Hollywood, formerly created by The_Jix. Don't know where he's at anymore, but I remembered the character and thought he'd be one of the cool ones to re-create. I used a John Morrison CAW's body figs for the body morphing, and Johnny Depp's face as a base to create him with. I kept him totally committed to a SuperStars tag team he used to be in with Brent Starr back in the day, and am going to throw Buck in with that whole look too. That's why I put up his Superstars shirt logo on CC, so if Myke wanted to throw one together for Starr he could. I might on my save anyways...

The stars on his pants are made with glitter ink swatches that I use for mockups when I design T-shirts. The texture on the red doesn't show that well... gold is decent though. I may go back in and adjust the blending on his face if it bugs me enough. You don't really see it outside of the creator so I may just leave it alone. Only other thing I'd probably do is create the star patch thing that Starr has on his one sleeve as well... we'll see if I get ambitious.

He's more fun to play as than he is to watch sim. I think I'm going to do a few more former VWE'ers... probably next would be Lucas Klash, if I don't recommit to creating a not-broken Jonny Pyro first.

Got a new one with some hand drawn then vectored art this time. A character I liked from VWE pretty much reimagined with what I remember of him, can find of him, and in my own style.

Theme: This Could Be Anywhere In the World - Alexisonfire
Signature Moves: Soda Twist / Turnbuckle Reverse STO
Finishers: Twist of Fate 2 & 3
Tag: Pyro, Klash

klash.jpg

I don't remember Alex's tag around here, but this was his for a while. I think the name is what really sticks out to me the most. I pretty much came up with the sharp edged graphics in my head for his logo, and the boots followed. I scanned the drawing, traced it with the pen tool in Illustrator with some more elaboration for sharp edges and nice curves, added in some reflected objects for symmetry and cleaned it up before sending it into DDS format. For the body, I modified an Adrian Neville morph and facially tweaked him from a photo of Corey Graves. I think it all meshed together pretty well. He's running off of a modified Seth Rollins moveset and that has him fighting pretty good. Entertaining CAW to watch the AI take control of.

I might follow through with Myke's suggestion of Juarez next considering I can do the CAW justice. I remember a few of his main graphics, but face and body structure is something that I'd be very peculiar of since the guy looked like he was chiseled out of stone. I may take the time to recreate Liz Knight's attire into something more realistic as well, so I can finally get her on here. Same with Buck and a Superstars attire.

Also, I tried finally playing with CAA... and hate how 128x128 logos are represented in there. I'm gonna have to play around to see if I can't come up with something decent for my guys to be showcased in... download some arenas off CC and see how they work with it. That sort of thing.

Klash uploaded perfectly. Was able to download him since it wasn't defaulted.
With arenas, it's easiest to break down graphics into multiple 128's and stretch them out to desired size to fit together. I had a few I uploaded that I did that with. The alternate is splitting them into 256's to really get a good size, but your limited to only 2 of those total, rather then the 8 different 128's.

Klash used no DLC. I'd hope he was good lol.

I may be fine with the 256s since I found a pattern I should be able to use but I'm irritated with the tiny square limitations of the 128s.

Btw, wanted to ask what u thought of him. You were more familiar withthe original caw and character than I was. I'm willing to take suggestions to improve.

Looks great actually, a nicely aged version of him considering he hasn't seen the light of day since 2010 I think it was. I'm copying him to another slot, and going to do some "family/tag" attires to go with Sylas, since it was revealed that Lucas was the younger brother of Sylas. Obvious tag name being "Styles Klash", just gotta figure out a look for them to go with.

Finally have a version of her that I like this year. This is the 3rd go around.

Theme: Brittania in-game theme
Signature Moves: Running Polish Hammer / Stratusphere
Finishers: Arm Trap STF / Small Package Driver
Tag: Pyro, Liz

liz.jpg

I love watching her fight. That running polish hammer looks absolutely brutal. I took the idea for her attire off of someone I found from a Bleacher Report article talking about hottest women in wrestling. I forget exactly who, but think she's from Shimmer. Added the Emma straps in the front which kind of just fit to me. Body morphing changed to be like Beth Phoenix, I also shrunk her a little bit. She was 6'1". Now I think she's 5'10", maybe 11". Added some age to her too since she's been at this a while. I try to keep her looking and wrestling as traditionally as possible. She's been having some great matches with Shelby Dane too... always a good one to watch.

God damn what a beast she turned out to be...
Why does she use the arm trap stf, when Starr has it and has only used it ONCE, and only as a counter :'(
She stretches the crap out of my womens division. Started at the bottom of the rankings, and has blazed her way to the top 5 ranked out of 30 women in 2 months of simmed matches.

Archived